[BRIGHT WIZARD] Opinions

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
What you guys thinking on the BW ? I loved it in beta and will be making a BW as my main when I get home tonight.

Definately the very definition of a glass cannon, something which I love! I was very dissapointed with my mage in wow which was basically a paper pea-shooter towards the end before I quit (fully epic'd out)

I rolled the whole class on the 'glass cannon' concept as I love the idea of being highly offensive while very weak defensively!

Combustion is a cool mechanic and the abilities I saw so far in the first 10 lvls of OB were looking great!

And..and now and again she says 'bollox' 'bastard' 'bugger'

Brilliant!

Opinions ?

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
nah! I think they are balanced, I was dishing out sick amounts of DPS but then when any melee got near me I died in seconds, granted I didnt have the infamous firecage yet to get me out of melee type scrapes but I did feel I fell fast under the might of a melee fighter which is how it should be

Imo balanced. I can kill things good from MIIILLLEESSSSS away but when the fuckrs are in front of me I may as well lie down and die.

We do seem to have some defense abilities, such as cauterizing wounds, the smoke detaunt thing that halves damage/shield that increases armour and the fire cage root at lvl 10 but I dont think thse will throw the tide of battle against a well equipped well played melee fighter, especially the mutated marauders!

Got to think this game is group pvp not 1on1 :)

Reminds me of the good old RF Online pvp days where tanks were tanks and mages nuked, no one could kill anyone solo coz of the potion system and people have a million HP, that game was about strategy, teamplay and spike dmg :p

They also had collission mechanics and I can tell you that kind of thing really does have a massive effect on the way games are played, for the better of course!

No more I WANT TO DPS tanks ! God I hated wow for that!

Sorry I went off on a bit of a tangent there ;p

- English -

Resident Freddy
played a bright wizard to level 6 and i rerolled after that because i was bored of pressing bolt, waiting 3 seconds, then repeating

my rune priest is lvl 6 aswell now and im not sure if i want to play that anymore aswell

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
nah! I think they are balanced, I was dishing out sick amounts of DPS but then when any melee got near me I died in seconds, granted I didnt have the infamous firecage yet to get me out of melee type scrapes but I did feel I fell fast under the might of a melee fighter which is how it should be

Imo balanced. I can kill things good from MIIILLLEESSSSS away but when the fuckrs are in front of me I may as well lie down and die.

We do seem to have some defense abilities, such as cauterizing wounds, the smoke detaunt thing that halves damage/shield that increases armour and the fire cage root at lvl 10 but I dont think thse will throw the tide of battle against a well equipped well played melee fighter, especially the mutated marauders!

Got to think this game is group pvp not 1on1 :)

Reminds me of the good old RF Online pvp days where tanks were tanks and mages nuked, no one could kill anyone solo coz of the potion system and people have a million HP, that game was about strategy, teamplay and spike dmg :p

They also had collission mechanics and I can tell you that kind of thing really does have a massive effect on the way games are played, for the better of course!

No more I WANT TO DPS tanks ! God I hated wow for that!

Sorry I went off on a bit of a tangent there ;p

Once you get Firecage and Detonate things start getting even more fun. Problem is I need a more clear warning of my Combust level, end up killing myself more than anyone else kills me lol

But yeah, I agree that it is the closest thing to the 'glass cannon' that most MMO's have been promising for ages. If left alone with a HoT on me I can cause massive amounts of damage! :)

killfest

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah my main is a BW as well.... i love the amount of damage you can dish out and i think the skills the BW has to offer are really fun and balanced.... It's true what people say they really are Glass cannons witch can be frustrating sometimes when people wont heal you but that frustration is far offset by the huge amounts of damage you can do..

By far the most fun class ive played on any mmo for a long time.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Once you get Firecage and Detonate things start getting even more fun. Problem is I need a more clear warning of my Combust level, end up killing myself more than anyone else kills me lol

But yeah, I agree that it is the closest thing to the 'glass cannon' that most MMO's have been promising for ages. If left alone with a HoT on me I can cause massive amounts of damage! :)

Indeed I could do with a bit more of warning to when I am high on combustion because I dont pay attention to the bar at the bottom very often other than watchin cooldowns generally, every now and again I wil go 'oh shit Im at 100 combustion' and fire off meltdown quick! :D

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I find the BW quite fun to play and we have a number of interesting skills even at L10.
We die fast, if playing against those who know to target us - but fortunately many players still have tunnelvision and somehow ignore us while going after other tanks or something.

Managing combustion can be tricky in larger scale combat, but that is what makes it fun. I must admit that I do use meltdown quite a lot to avoid blowing myself up too many times :)

The root however, should have an immunity timer on it if it doesn't already- it is too overpowered that we can chain root like that - or as it seems we can do. Other then that - it shouldn't have the "breaks 50%" on damage, but breaks all the time on damage.

rynnor

Rockhound
Yes - I think the only real problem with them so far is the function of that root - it just doesnt seem to break on damage currently - I see huge streams of damage and I'm healing myself frantically but it still doesnt break lol - once thats fixed it will be fine - the root should be a defensive thing not a death sentence.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Yes it should break, CC wasnt supposed to be the be all and end all of the game so kinda lame this isnt working as intended.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
A really fun class! I am dot specced and regularly top the damage charts and get plenty of kill spam. Have to keep moving, though, as we go down very quickly to melee.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
yeah fire cage is an effective stun at the moment, never seems to break on damage, which is really retarded.

rayben

Fledgling Freddie
I try to avoid meltdown 'cause I just love one-shotting stuff in solo and even more to see the health bars of my enemies shrink in RvR. What's even better is that they don't get the satisfaction of dealing the killing blow. Most often I read in the chat window:
"You were killed by Rayben". :)
Perhaps a bad strategy but I get people killed and it's fun, and that pretty much sums up my philosophy when playing ;)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I try to avoid meltdown 'cause I just love one-shotting stuff in solo and even more to see the health bars of my enemies shrink in RvR. What's even better is that they don't get the satisfaction of dealing the killing blow. Most often I read in the chat window:
"You were killed by Rayben". :)
Perhaps a bad strategy but I get people killed and it's fun, and that pretty much sums up my philosophy when playing ;)

You can kill people without blowing up yourself. I know the high crits are fun, but remember - the time you are lying face down is time not spend nuking ;)

For that - Detonate is my favourite skill so far. Is so fun to DOT a healer and watch him run for protection and thus hitting all around him .... ihhhh. :)

rayben

Fledgling Freddie
Xandax said:
For that - Detonate is my favourite skill so far. Is so fun to DOT a healer and watch him run for protection and thus hitting all around him .... ihhhh.

Ah, Detonate.. *drooool*.
Just have to level up a bit :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice class - my main in war is Bright wizard (currently only lvl 14 tho).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom