Opinions on new instrumental!

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Fooking hard tune to play this on my cheapo catalogue guitar. One of the damn strings wasn't playing right either (being dulled) as it was busted (getting my excuses in first).

Made this tune up after listening to this blues guitarist being interviewed on the radio. Liked the constant beat the tune had which I have emulated in this tune. You will see and hear it contantly after the initial intro.

The tune is my own so really so I would like it but do you? I don't follow any guitarist but I have purposely learned guitar techniques that will allow me to be 'creative and to play with feeling'. The end part where I slide the chords was spontaneous for instance. I have 'cut my teeth' or fingers so to speak on old fingerpicking blues.

Called the tune 'Thumper' because of the contant beat.

Divx streaming - does it work for you?

Thumper

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Lovely sound on that guitar. The slight echo is definitely giving the piece the right ambience (think that is the correct word). The guy is also playing without using finger picks like I have too. My guitar is a real crappy one with very high action and tears my fingers apart without picks.

Is that you playing that tune?

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
If you like soft pieces here is one I created. Wrote it when a relationship went pear shaped. My guitar and music is rough and ready compared to that YouTube video but I think I still manage to convey feeling into this piece. Nearly makes me cry when I listen to it. In time I will play it in such a manner that anyone listening should cry. Some way to go before that happens though but I am getting there.

Lost Love

If you have time check the above out.

Music is a such a marvellous pastime. It has exceeded my expectations. Never knew I could create such pieces from deep within me. Quite incredible to me and the music I make seems to come from a different person. Also what is mind boggling to me is I can create music and have a tune in my head but haven't the expertise to play it? It has taken me a few years of hard practise to get my fingers and wrists strong enough to play my OWN MUSIC! How damn odd is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom