opinions about valkyries

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
was wondering how other players feel this class, those who have played :)

have botted valkyrie to lvl 36.
spec when xp up have been spear -1 from lvl, parry was -3 from lvl, rest ow.
targeting to 50 spear, 49 ow, 29 or 30 parry, depends if get shield to 7 for engage.

got windmill few lvl ago and its making exp alott faster but need be carefull, 150 area pbaeo.
yesterday evening whit 33 spear, self lvl 35, hitting mobs in varulv ~90dmg from spear and near same from windmill, mob was usually 70% health whit 1 hit.
got alott pragmatic agros who wander too near and pbaeo hit them when didnt looking around.
alott misses, against orange 4 miss in row few time, 2 miss in row quite often.

parry as only defense, not so bad but how it work later in rvr? not so good.

is this class underplayed? have feeling it can be quite good against towercamping + defending tower when use pulsing cae correct place in correct time (mezzbreaker if used in wrong situation) + windmill + followup roundhouse and both having pbaeo dmg, hunting stealth zergs near chokepoints aka bled brigdes :).

class still need small tweaks, defense, ow, just come in mind.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I think the Valkyrie is alot of fun.

Though I think the valk should have gotten Banelord instead of the Warlock getting it. I also think the RA selection is quite bad for the valk.

Parry works great when u are out hunting stealthers. Your shears are very valuable both in solo,grp and zerg fights.

The class needs some tweaks like upping ws and better ML/RA selection but overall its a fun class.

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
Low HP, Low WS and a spell line that needs a lot of work. Best summed up as a Thane without the SC damage :eek6:

Other than that it's fun and a nice break from the spell spamming norm.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
pff my pulse is doing 150ish dmg every pulse. shears take away either damage or chance of parry/evade

80% snare means u can easily kite

ress is always nice to have.

Cant really compare thane and valk consider their role in RvR are totally different.

Roundhouse doing 3xxdmg melee and a pbae for 200-250dmg on everyone that is close enough.

Quite easy to take care of a caster being BGed. just hit the bger and u interuppt and dmg the caster aswell.

Anarch

Fledgling Freddie
atm all i can say is they are alot of fun :) still lvl 49 and lvling artis etc. not fare from final temp including gs/gov/golm/scalars/harpy cloak will post more when ive tryed a few runs in set rvr group.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
more similar to skalds than thanes in role i think
interesting class, shame about the ml paths though

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
As a matter of interest Grym, what have you applied a cap increase to and sc'd into your suit?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I have put 16str cap 14dex cap on my current suit.

I strongly recomend putting in qui cap if u are going spear.

And on another note. Do try an cap piety. U run out of power very fast and the pulse is unvaluable against caster groups.

These are the ToA bonuses I have on the current suit. Gonna remake it to fit more piety and EoY

Bonuses
Melee speed 9%
Melee damage 4%
Style damage 4%
Spell range 4%
Spell damage 4%
52 hits cap
6 con cap
14 dex cap
16str cap
10 fatuige
26AF bonus

Edit: Elendar is quite right. Compare it more to the skald consider the skald is also an offensive class. And its a really shame with the poor ML and RA choises

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
My plan is to go 47 Sword, 42 Shield, 43 Odins with the rest going in to parry.

Do you think the DD's/Cone damage will be anything more than an interupt? I'm not sure if the + PIE would be worth it with this spec.

BTW i am comparing a S+S Valk to a thane since it is more defensive, i agree a spear spec Valk is more similar to a Skald.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
well the pulse is not really for killing unless it is against shrooms or zoarkat pets. 1 pulse kills every zoarkat pet which is really nice.

The CAE insta dont really kill anyone either but its a nice addition to a lets say supp sm grp.

So yes 90% of the time its only there for interupts but you wont interupt for a long time with low piety. Base is 10%/pulse and with 75piety its only around 3%/pulse

ZukeSB

Fledgling Freddie
I see where i went wrong then, i assumed it was 10% of your pow every pulse no matter how much pie/pow you had... 3% is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom