Opinion please

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
Since my PL bot is getting to a decend lvl now I need to decide which char I wanna play on pryd. Give some hints about RvR situation on prydwen, I like RvRing but it's only fun if you got the right class. Wanna roll a useful class so that I can get into groups (pointless to roll a cleric if there's 9138158 around all the time).
Classes I play atm are: bard, chanter, warden. also had a skald and a cleric long time ago
Classes I'd consider usefull and fun to play are: Cleric, Theugist, Paladin, Minstrel, prolly reaver

I dont wanna do a lot of MLs and I dont wanna lvl a lot of artis (11 arti and 7 arti templates on my hib chars, enough PvE for a lifetime). Which of those classes do you think makes sense atm and maybe in NF as well?

Which specs are common for those classes?

/shang

edp33

Fledgling Freddie
a common spec for minstrel is, (without autotraining)
29 slash (for anytime ame slash)
31 stealth
50 instruments (last ablative, dd, power song)

Others include,
30 slash
30 stealth
50 instruments,

and lower stealth/instruments, with more in slash spec, many argue that the extra damage is negligible here though and prefer safe fall from the stealth line.

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
agreed, minis have awesome utility in groups, and can solo very very well against small groups in rvr. also if you spec stealth you can have some fun in emain with stealth groups

50 instr rest slash as a highlander gives great damage, i know minis specced like this that can kill pallies of equal RR

50 30 30 spec gives safe fall as mentioned above, and allows you to climb keep walls and aoe mezz (very satisfying :p)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Out of your listed classes : Cleric, Theugist, Paladin, Minstrel, prolly reaver

Clerics are ALWAYS needed, a good group will generaly have two of them, if you find playing a healer class fun there should always be someone with a requirement for you in RvR, not sur eon specs, but i seam to remember 40 rejuv - rest enhance was classes as acceptable for most groups, on the other side my cleric is 33 rejuv and 42 enhance and can heal well enough

Theurgists are starting to come into their own, theres many subjects on this class on the american forums with regarding new frontiers, if you want to play a caster this is almost certanly the best choice. Specing full earth to level to 50 poroviding a group with bladeturn is going to be the fastest, the cookie cutter spec from the USA servers is currently 47 wind and 26 ice for RvR, this doesnt give you a pulsing blade turn but gives great single targeted nukes and great CC using mezz and aoe root.

Paladins, having never got one above L45 Ive rarely experienced them in RvR, however paladins are the only class with group END regen in Albion and for this reason there will always be a place within RvR, if you are able to follow through the ML's paladins get access to the BODYGUARD ability this is also going to be of great help to any group. I think the current common end spec for a pally is open to discussion however, 50 sield, 46 chants, 34 slash and the rest parry is considered a good one.

Minstrels, have been covered above, the standard 50/30/30 is also my spec, and working very well, I do believe that with new frontiers the place for a minstrel with other stealths will be reduced, loosing access to key abilaties such as dodger, mastery of blocking will make a minstrel unable to defend themselves aswell as they can now. But as a member of a group, they will be outstanding.

Reavers... urm pass, never played one and rarely see them in RvR groups - but I do hear that with NF they get this overpowered ability <shrugs> sure someone else can post about reavers here.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I love my Theurgist, must admit I haven't RvR'd with him yet but I think he'd be a ton of fun. I'm shit at RvR with my Minstrel, too many options is never something to give a drunk on a friday night. I usually end up trying to mez the nearest cleric.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Shangrila said:
Since my PL bot is getting to a decend lvl now I need to decide which char I wanna play on pryd. Give some hints about RvR situation on prydwen, I like RvRing but it's only fun if you got the right class. Wanna roll a useful class so that I can get into groups (pointless to roll a cleric if there's 9138158 around all the time).
Classes I play atm are: bard, chanter, warden. also had a skald and a cleric long time ago
Classes I'd consider usefull and fun to play are: Cleric, Theugist, Paladin, Minstrel, prolly reaver

I dont wanna do a lot of MLs and I dont wanna lvl a lot of artis (11 arti and 7 arti templates on my hib chars, enough PvE for a lifetime). Which of those classes do you think makes sense atm and maybe in NF as well?

Which specs are common for those classes?

/shang

Roll a Theurgist, you dont need many RA's or arti's to do a decent job at pet spamming whilst filling in a useful role for PvE.

Oh and just to pick up on what Tears said. Speccing 45 Earth is much better than going 50 imo, you get 2nd best pets that do exact same damage as best pets and you have 6sec PBT. 45 Earth leaves you with enough points to spec 29 Ice for a fairly low variance baseline nuke and a nice emergency AE root. High wind spec is also viable and you can still have PBT, just the 10sec vareity. A very popular spec seems to be 40 or 41 Earth and the rest in Ice for 8sec PBT, 2nd best pets, solid baseline nuke and a respectable AE root. Regardless of spec it is a fun class to play when buffed and in a group who know how to protect thier casters.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i played a therg and they are fun, my spec was 10sec pbt rest air which gives you minimum pbt (good for pve but not so great in rvr, however pbt is a bit useless , or was when i played in rvr) and really good air nukes so this is good kind of all round spec, full air used to be (dont know if it still is) great for nuking you can flatten more or less anyone and you get air mezz too, if you go 6sec pbt make sure to get all the ablilities to regen mana cos it sucks it up and you just end up sat there being a bubble bot.
any way hope you have fun no matter what you choose, go get em tigger!

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
i think chod means 41 ice 35 earth, gives 2nd best ice pets (catacombs and the herald are wrong as they dont list the lvl 48 ice pets) no variance on nuke with +skills, decent aoe root, decent earth pets, 8 sec pbt, i'm exping a theurg for this spec.

My palas spec is 50 shield, 48 chants (top af is well worth it imo), 29 slash (ame slash 4tw) and rest parry,

Not really played him in rvr much but hes unstoppable in pve :) although admittedly it takes him 4 hours to kill anything (not toa'd up)

My Cleric was 40 rej 35 enh 9 smite, full res, capped bases (toa stuff), OKish specs with 2 pbae interrupt tools from the smite line (mez and dd), great healing, superb spreadheal

Respecced him recently to 44 enh 31 rej, now all buffs are ace with +25%, baseline heals have a slight variance now even with +12 to skill but its hardly noticable, also using the lower spreadheal, which is fine, generally have nps keeping a grp healed. and love playing him :)

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Tears said:
Reavers... urm pass, never played one and rarely see them in RvR groups - but I do hear that with NF they get this overpowered ability <shrugs> sure someone else can post about reavers here.

The ability is already there. It's a combination of the banelord ML's and the unique reaver RA called Unquenchable thirst of souls (UToS). A reaver could basically kill a whole zerg with the pbae banelord ML 2+8 abilities (this get enemies down to about 10% health.. But also hurts the reaver a lot) and then finish them off with a UToS (which basically is a pbae lifedrain, so it heals back the hp's you lost from the banelord abilities).

Reavers are great fun to play, by far the most fun tank class i've played. Excellent damage, nice defence (shield+parry speccable, and evade 1 which fires off fairly often due to the reavers high dex) and the possibility to choose if you want to use slash or crush damage without speccing in them (if your'e specced in flex that is). The only thing i miss on my reaver is determination... And i will get that in NF.

Reaver is a very viable choice if you want to play a tank class in NF, they hurt like a merc and blocks like a pally.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Cirandi said:
The ability is already there. It's a combination of the banelord ML's and the unique reaver RA called Unquenchable thirst of souls (UToS). A reaver could basically kill a whole zerg with the pbae banelord ML 2+8 abilities (this get enemies down to about 10% health.. But also hurts the reaver a lot) and then finish them off with a UToS (which basically is a pbae lifedrain, so it heals back the hp's you lost from the banelord abilities).

lol never throuhg it was that bad... there gona taste the nerf bat soon i bet. But until then more reavers !!!! :)

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
My theurgist had been full earth ever since I first made her. However great it may be for PvE, doesnt really mean much in RvR.Earth pets even though their duration is 60secs now against 30secs they used to be, their HP is so lowered they drop like flies and only other offense you have is the baseline nuke which was pretty lame in turn. Just respecced her to wind+10sec PBT and things are alot more fun in RvR. Wind nukes are great and aoe mezz aint that bad in case of an emergency, although I admit I miss my little clobber troopers :mad:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Earth pets make you win fights....i seen it whenever a good theurg has been grouped with me.

35 earth/41 ice theurg(interupts what alb lack and this spec gives you best utility possible for the class, making you good for rvr and pve) if you want to be a good group class and something alb lacks at the moment.

Minstrel if you want to solo often and be able to group whenever available.

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
About Paladins.. I just found out that you can autotrain chants AND slash, gives you additional 154 spec points. This makes it possible to spec 48 chants, 42 shield, 44 weapon / or 48 chants, 50 shield, 34 weapon.
50/34 spec gives you a 2 style of-block chain with a 5sec stun and 50 shield style. 42/44, slam and back-style, taunt-chain..

whats better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom