Confused Opening computer case...

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Now I'm not a dunce, I've built a couple of dozen computers so I know my way around a case but this one has me stumped. Unless I'm missing something you need a degree in engineering to open the damn thing. All I want to do is remove the redundant floopy that was left in there last time the previous owner upgraded. See pics, they're thumbnails...

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

As you can see I've managed to get the side off but to get the floopy drive out I need to get to the screws on the other side and I can't get the rest apart! The fron won't come off at the top and the shell won't come off either. Help?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
No as bad as the old Dells, random bars of metal across the case saying "DO NOT REMOVE"

soze

I am a FH squatter
Does the whole drive cage unscrew? Aa few cases leave you no access to the under side but you can pull the whole cage out.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Nope, it's all supposed to come off, figured it out, there are a row of hook things on the top side in the bottom picture. Have to get the front off first and you almost have to break the damn thing to get it off.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Ahhh, you worked it out.
I was going to suggest removing the front fascia to see if there were screws holding the rest of the covers on.
It's similar in construction to a HP Proliant ML350 G5/G6 where you can't get the rest of the panels off unless you loosen a couple of torx screws behind the front fascia.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
No as bad as the old Dells, random bars of metal across the case saying "DO NOT REMOVE"

Old Dells. I remember having to repair one for a friend. To make a long story short, I ruined the case before I figured out how to open it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I had to open up an old Dell just a few months ago, took bloody ages to realise that I had to depress this big plastic button on the bottom of the case as well as on the top in order to open the hinged side. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom