Open Transit

Dalilama

Fledgling Freddie
humm how did this thred go from opentransit whine to majjiiis personal flame war to surmans hand.... stick to the topic plz,,,

the lagg that hunted us for like 3 moths ago? is it the same? or some ass playing revenge of horny luna on the main server?(oki i made it up :) ) ffs fix it alredy.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
majik said:
It's not professional conduct to disclose personal information.
ahh rentboy that explains the misery :( sorry Maj i understand now.Come give us a hug :wub:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
me and a couple of other people in different regions have been running a trace all night.

Our lag spikes concide and always and originate from the router:

PO9-0.pascr1.Paris.opentransit.net

I did a whois on the router and tried to contact the open transit support number but got no answer, have emailed them though and attached the pingplotter results

The lag spikes are not every ten seconds. If I took a very rough average there are about 5 huge spikes where the router dips transitions into 100% packet loss approximately every 10 minutes (just a rough average). There are lots of smaller spikes or high latency responses to the router poll/ping. These smaller spikes can be worse for other people though.

Its almost like the router cant handle the amount of packets its shovelling out. Sometimes this can be because the router is set up incorrectly or it has a fault on an interface card or a physical comunications problem on a line.

To be honest though I reckon this is most likely to be the case that there just isnt enough bandwidth on a particular connection. All sorts of things can cause this rather than a fault. ISP's are constantly decomissioning parts of their networks and shifting traffic to different places moving loads around etc. dunno what this problem is but i agree its pretty bad.

GOA are doing stuff though, I know requiel is on the case. you just got to be patient it will get sorted.

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
Yes ive been getting terrible lag all day (Worst ive ever seen in my 3 years playing daoc) tbh its getting near the stage that im gonna turn off auto-renew as was mentioned in earlier posts. Been there, done that in regards to Tracerts, pings & Ping plotter etc. if GOA cant sort it out by now, they never will. The excuse its not us its opentransit is wearing very thin.. as a company thats paid to supply a service they should be on the phone daily giving OT a rocket and demanding status updates.. im sure the threat of relocating to a European country with better telecommunications infrastructure and the loss of revenue OT would suffer (as hollow a threat that we all know it would be) could turn a few heads. Whats the excuse now? A dodgy router? I remember in my old CS days I used to play on a us server from the uk (shite ping I know) when for a week the ping rocketed a simple phone call to the internet company involved (after investigations via tracert etc and sussing out the dodgy hop) diagnosed the problem there and then as a faulty router.. took them 5 mins to replace it whilst I was on the phone.

on a lighter note ive noticed that all the lag spikes occur every time Maji alt-tabs out of daoc to post his misery on fh as his posts coincide with my ping plotter spikes uncanily :p

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, this is the worst lag I've ever had I think, or at least as bad as the lag that was some time ago. And I'm getting this from Norway. Have sent in two pingplotter graphs so far.

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
btw this is a thread wich involves everyone of us so i would appreciate it guys keep flames of it ty

this involves everyone on excalibur and thread i made is not for twats who got personal issues

cous be honest i think this lag is horrible for everyone whos playin even if you got probs with guys addin and stuff ty

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
lag is really suxy, destroyed rvr basically, cant have a fight without a lag spike :(

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
lag is really suxy, destroyed rvr basically, cant have a fight without a lag spike :(

totally agree there m8 thats why we dont see valravens out last few days aswell and loads of other rvr guilds

Tilda

Netcode said:
Cant agree more. seems they dont give a shit about server just the money we fooking pay em. kinda retarded and pathetic. if u want players play this game why the fook aint u fixing this damn retarded lagg?

Did it ever occur to your tiny brain that perhaps..perhaps shock horror that they might give a shit. Perhaps they might even be spendign most of the night on the phone to OT asking them to fix it?
It seems to me its "kinda retarded and pathetic" to create a whine, claiming that goa dont give a shit that their game, and thus their income is lagging to fuck. When if you used a single neuron it would be blatantly fucking obvious they'll be doing everything they can do fix it, so they accually get paid at the end of the month.
Now.
Why the "fook" dont you go get a fucking clue about business skills and goa rather than posting "damn retarded" posts about a subject of which your knowlege is obviously lacking.

I understand the lag sucks, but posting threads saying goa arn't trying to fix it, or that goa suck, or goa are obviously at home enjoying fresh bread for tea when they should be working, is just ignorant. GoA are doing the best they can to get this fixed as fast as possible. However, has anybody who has ever worked in one company and tried to get another company to do something, unless it involves a profit for them, things go slow.

Tilda

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
tildai that is bullshit its going on for almost a week now

but what you dont get is

if you ask crs like we did they all say same its our isp or pc wich laggs well if you know it better than maybe just maybe you can explain us why there is so much lag cous frankly when guildies even asked tem today they said same thing again (isp blablabla) when its clearly it is there server or whatever wich lags

now i can understand it might take couple days but it seemed (and i know) this is not the first time it happend cous they had it a year ago aswell and than it was their router wich they told me ofc wich gave the lag

if you ask goa somethin (or even reports a bug like zephyr guys from boat , true wall zephyr , blindspot cm etc were peeps fully pull mobs who cant hit the players etc.......) it always take so long like months even 2 repair it , i mean common im hearin so many guys who got banned of crashing boats for instance , goa knows the prob , they said we may not crash em in any way and still it hasnt been fixxed while so many r banned for it so plz xplain me this one thing

why it takes everytime like loooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadds of time (and im not talkin about one week) 2 fix or even say ye it is a prob we gonna do smt about it nada we never know when anythin is gonna be fixed but meantime we r sittin here with the stuff agonizing the hell out of it , and this is smt wich could be done atleast bit faster imo and for the lag well they dont admit it so nothin much we can do about than hope it clears up i guess so we can play bit inbetween , but sayin that netcode is wrong about that well than xplain me r we the payin customers or not?

motormunk

Fledgling Freddie
they must have connections to host servers elsewhere... they didnt even give any public statements?

Tilda

gravedigger said:
tildai that is bullshit its going on for almost a week now
but what you dont get is
if you ask crs like we did they all say same its our isp or pc wich laggs well if you know it better than maybe just maybe you can explain us why there is so much lag cous frankly when guildies even asked tem today they said same thing again (isp blablabla) when its clearly it is there server or whatever wich lags

Theres a problem with 2-3 routers just outside the GoA network, they belong to OT. Its not clearly server lag. If you look at the ping plots, its clearly not server lag.

gravedigger said:
now i can understand it might take couple days but it seemed (and i know) this is not the first time it happend cous they had it a year ago aswell and than it was their router wich they told me ofc wich gave the lag
The toilet in my flat broke last week. Its scheduled to be fixed this friday. Big companies take a while to sort stuff, have other things planned etc. Ok, so mabey goa said last week to OT "we're getting some lag" then on wednesday or thursday ot reply "ok send us more info" goa send the info thursday/friday, an it sits in an inbox over the weekend.
After this on monday someone looks at it and sees there acctually is a problem with paris router number 5 or whatever. Then pages a technicial who says " yeah sure, i'll fix it on wednesday or thursday"
then goa get an email back saying "yeah we'll look at it and try fix it on thursday if possible.

gravedigger said:
if you ask goa somethin (or even reports a bug like zephyr guys from boat , true wall zephyr , blindspot cm etc were peeps fully pull mobs who cant hit the players etc.......) it always take so long like months even 2 repair it , i mean common im hearin so many guys who got banned of crashing boats for instance , goa knows the prob , they said we may not crash em in any way and still it hasnt been fixxed while so many r banned for it so plz xplain me this one thing
Bug fixes come from mythic. GoA can find a bug, but they arnt allowed due to contractual reasons to modify game code. So they report the bug to mythic, tell people its a bug and then ban people who abuse it until it gets fixed.

gravedigger said:
why it takes everytime like loooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadds of time (and im not talkin about one week) 2 fix or even say ye it is a prob we gonna do smt about it nada we never know when anythin is gonna be fixed but meantime we r sittin here with the stuff agonizing the hell out of it , and this is smt wich could be done atleast bit faster imo and for the lag well they dont admit it so nothin much we can do about than hope it clears up i guess so we can play bit inbetween , but sayin that netcode is wrong about that well than xplain me r we the payin customers or not?
The toilet in my flat broke last week. Its scheduled to be fixed this friday. Big companies take a while to sort stuff, have other things planned etc. Ok, so mabey goa said last week to OT "we're getting some lag" then on wednesday or thursday ot reply "ok send us more info" goa send the info thursday/friday, an it sits in an inbox over the weekend.
After this on monday someone looks at it and sees there acctually is a problem with paris router number 5 or whatever. Then pages a technicial who says " yeah sure, i'll fix it on wednesday or thursday"
then goa get an email back saying "yeah we'll look at it and try fix it on thursday if possible.

With my toilet, i had to go into the campus office every day to ask what was happening. imo it got fixed in a week because I was doing that. Im certain, from what i've heard from friends, that it would have taken longer otherwise.

Now, goa cant just walk into OT tech HQ and complain its gotta be done on the phone or via email, which isnt the most persuasive form of communication.
A person at your desk is far far harder or ignore.

Tilda

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
I think the problem is that we are paying goa, not opentransit if you know what I mean:-P And opentransit prolly don't give much of a shit cuz there is no way goa can get somebody else to provide the bandwith, as opentransit controls all the fibres in the area. Speaking of assumption here, but that's prolly it. So we are all just at the mercy of opentransit that is in a monopolous situation and can do whatever they want.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Did it ever occur to your tiny brain that perhaps..perhaps shock horror that they might give a shit. Perhaps they might even be spendign most of the night on the phone to OT asking them to fix it?
It seems to me its "kinda retarded and pathetic" to create a whine, claiming that goa dont give a shit that their game, and thus their income is lagging to fuck. When if you used a single neuron it would be blatantly fucking obvious they'll be doing everything they can do fix it, so they accually get paid at the end of the month.
Now.
Why the "fook" dont you go get a fucking clue about business skills and goa rather than posting "damn retarded" posts about a subject of which your knowlege is obviously lacking.

I understand the lag sucks, but posting threads saying goa arn't trying to fix it, or that goa suck, or goa are obviously at home enjoying fresh bread for tea when they should be working, is just ignorant. GoA are doing the best they can to get this fixed as fast as possible. However, has anybody who has ever worked in one company and tried to get another company to do something, unless it involves a profit for them, things go slow.

Tilda

Agreed, thinking they are doing jack shit when trying to fix this lag is stupid. But what GoA is do wrong is that they don't give out any information, or very vague info, about what they are doing to fix this. Hence, people don't think they working to solve this, which also leads to frustration among the customers. Keeping people insecure is prolly the worst thing they can do. Especially in such a deindividualized environment like this.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
i usually dont whine over lag but imo this is just to much. tried to rvr last night and gave up, then decided to help a guildie with a cata quest... took us about an hour to kill a red mob (we were a trio) just because of lag bumping into trees/rocks, losing stick every 2 minutes, LD in the middle of nowhere, lag pulling nasty mobs etc ...

IMO stop logging into game for several days, let them stare at the empty servers and maybe, i say maybe, GOA staff will put some more effort into solving this

Gramm

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
everyone turn off auto renew on the subs page, if its still laggy at the end of the month, tough shit goa, sorry but you have had enough chances to get this fixed now.

What this wise man said! Fight for your rights! ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
if you ordered something from an online shop and it was slow to arrive you wouldnt be expected to go and find it for yourself, you would expect the retailer to deliver it or arrange an alternaive delivery. sure we can send in as many ping plots as we can, however it is not down to us to get it fixed, i pay my £24 a month (3 accounts) for a service which is delivered direct to my PC, if there is a problem, it is not my concern where or how it is occuring, all i care about is that it is fixed, fast. They know where the problem is, we know where the problem is, it is not getting fixed though.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
i've always been wondering how they would react if people canceled their subs at the same time. It would hit them big time, and they were bound to fix it, prove to people it was fixed (giving a week free or smth) and then people would renew?

and the main problem is (besides the lag) that we get no info on the progress, we don't know if they contact ot, we don't know what ot would have replied etc etc. and we've the god damn right to know what's happening.

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Actualy i did ran ping to excal server 193.252.123.33 for few days 24/7 not a single timeout :eek: well except those from maintance. Me thinks its UK issue or smth. But i cant agree with Tilda, i sometimes get some huge server side lag while ping is perfect ~~70ms 0% loss.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:
Agreed, thinking they are doing jack shit when trying to fix this lag is stupid. But what GoA is do wrong is that they don't give out any information, or very vague info, about what they are doing to fix this. Hence, people don't think they working to solve this, which also leads to frustration among the customers. Keeping people insecure is prolly the worst thing they can do. Especially in such a deindividualized environment like this.

Rure's right - although there's always going to be people who post "Kill All GoA Now meijhts!" no matter what, a simple post on here and on the Goa web site saying "We know there's a problem, we're working with OpenTranshite to get it fixed" would avoid a lot of the complaints.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
in general goa has a very very big lack of communication with their own customers /shrug

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
Now.

Tilda

Someone is licking arse as usual.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

As OT seems to be run by a bunch of smelly French baboons, the propper solution would be to switch hostingprovider. As many people have been suggesting about 2 years.
So there is plenty GoA can do about the current situation, but the subscribers should just stop renewing their subscription, tends to work much better.
Regards, Glottis

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
before 3k players played, now not even over 1k. and let me guess is it cuz the open transit is fooked? or gm saying "working as intended" ^^

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
GoA are doing the best they can to get this fixed as fast as possible. However, has anybody who has ever worked in one company and tried to get another company to do something, unless it involves a profit for them, things go slow.

Tilda

We ain't talking about a local company that will usually take it's time to fix something. We are talking about a multinational company with customers all around Europe that earns a serious amount of money every month/year from subscribed members (customers). That means that people at GoA-Mythic should make people at Opentransit to get their buts down and fix it ASAP (like in 1-2 days tops). Thats why there are things like "contracts" between big companies that usually say " I will provide my services to the best so that you are happy and pay me". I think there is a big profit to be lost there but whoever is in command aint doing his job right.

oh and.. in most cases whine is the only solution to get someone to fix something in real life too.

Tilda

rure said:

The thing is, they have no policy against communicating with you guys, however they dont want to release incorrect info.
The whine would be 100x worse if, for example, goa said "Yep OT will fix it on thursday" and then, for some reason OT has to bump the fix to friday, or monday due to missing a part. People would complain even more because "goa lied to us!!"
Thus, goa wont say "it'll be fixed on wednesday" until they're sure it will be fixed.

Tilda

Tilda

Glottis said:
As OT seems to be run by a bunch of smelly French baboons, the propper solution would be to switch hostingprovider. As many people have been suggesting about 2 years.
So there is plenty GoA can do about the current situation, but the subscribers should just stop renewing their subscription, tends to work much better.
Regards, Glottis

Learn about the internet/router situation in france.
Revise above statement.

Tilda

Netcode said:
Someone is licking arse as usual.

Someone is clueless as usual.
Just because I happen to have a few brain cells, and choose to use them and conclude that acctually, goa are doign the best they can, and thus argue goa's corner, dosnt mean i'm licking arse.

Tilda

Tzan said:
That means that people at GoA-Mythic should make people at Opentransit to get their buts down and fix it ASAP (like in 1-2 days tops). Thats why there are things like "contracts" between big companies that usually say " I will provide my services to the best so that you are happy and pay me". I think there is a big profit to be lost there but whoever is in command aint doing his job right.

oh and.. in most cases whine is the only solution to get someone to fix something in real life too.

I'll refer you to my earlier post:

Tilda said:
With my toilet, i had to go into the campus office every day to ask what was happening. imo it got fixed in a week because I was doing that. Im certain, from what i've heard from friends, that it would have taken longer otherwise.
Now, goa cant just walk into OT tech HQ and complain its gotta be done on the phone or via email, which isnt the most persuasive form of communication.
A person at your desk is far far harder or ignore.

Tilda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom