Open sidi

I

ilienwyn

Why should someone bother? Too much hasle and whatever you do there will surely be unsatisfied people...:(

A

Appollo

Originally posted by ilienwyn
Why should someone bother? Too much hasle and whatever you do there will surely be unsatisfied people...:(

Because every day is booked by a invite only raid, then they get drops and sell em on BW 4 silly prices. If i had a cabbie id do it every day, and yes i want the vest, and 4 others 2 get stuff.

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by Appollo
Because every day is booked by a invite only raid, then they get drops and sell em on BW 4 silly prices. If i had a cabbie id do it every day, and yes i want the vest, and 4 others 2 get stuff.

book yourself a raid :)

u can kill the mobs that drop the chest pieces, i know of one grp who has gotten as far as the 2nd horseman.

and they are trying for all 4 horseman tonight.

takes a long raidto do it but its possible :)

Y

-yoda-

or failing that ifu dont wanna do a private raid , why dont you lead a public raid ? and ask sum1 who knows what to do well to help you lead it.

I

ilienwyn

I am willing to help in an open raid (weekends) if I am asked although I am 90% sure I will be sorry for that ;)

A

**Aligro**

i'll do an open one when i get back from hols

K

kirennia

It's a case of as 1fg focus, you can get upto but not including apocalypse. Okay so 40 drops minimum between 8 people for 14 hours :)() work once every blue moon. No fuss, everyones very happy and it's a laugh.

You go to sidi as a zerg, you are constantly pmed asking what the last item was, where to go, if you can wait for lds etc etc thus mroe stress. You can kill 1 mob more then 1fg can. Okay so 50 items split between 100 people IF you manage to kill apoc.

Thas kinda why

P

Pin

you can clear Sidi (including apoc) with 3fg in 4 hours

(no cabby required)

A

Appollo

Originally posted by -yoda-
or failing that ifu dont wanna do a private raid , why dont you lead a public raid ? and ask sum1 who knows what to do well to help you lead it.

I dont have the patience for others, and i think ppl will feel the same for me.

A

Appollo

Originally posted by Pin
you can clear Sidi (including apoc) with 3fg in 4 hours

(no cabby required)

Can you enlighten me/us how then?

S

Sibanac

Sidi focus pulling is getting silly, I've been offered respec stones, gold and all cabby drops to respec to matter and do a sidi raid.

Whish people would stop nagging me about it.

X

xplo

To bad sidi items are worth shit when toa comes xD

(except for Apocalypse sword ;d )

K

Kagato.

You do not need a cabbie to do a sidi raid with small numbers, you can kill just as much with the same amount of people and no cabalist.

And im sure they'll be more Open raids once Apoc is nerfed next patch.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Appollo

As Pin suggests I guess its do-able without cabi, but the cabi only bookings will slow down soon for obvious reason :)

Bit gutted because I suck with my matter cabi, I keep getting my PL'ee killed.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by -yoda-
book yourself a raid :)

u can kill the mobs that drop the chest pieces, i know of one grp who has gotten as far as the 2nd horseman.

and they are trying for all 4 horseman tonight.

takes a long raidto do it but its possible :)

hope ye meant last night - since we'll be in there tonight ;)

and I doubt our raid will make it to the horsemen.

K

Khalen

Originally posted by xplo
To bad sidi items are worth shit when toa comes xD

(except for Apocalypse sword ;d )

Maybe that's why a lot of people trying to sell their stuff before it's too late ^^

(smells good opportunities to get some stuff cheap)

K

Kagato.

Problem is a couple of sidi weapons are good and the rest are all just mediocre with nice graphics.

And even then its usually only the procs that make the weapon uber, not the stats.

If you take a good look at the drop lists utility value a well crafted MP has better stats then anything in there. My own old mp polearm has better utility then any sidi poles and its only a 4 point O/C (was first try at SC and had no idea at the time on limits). If it wasn't for the cool factor I wouldn't bother switching.

Funny thing is the Apocolypse only thrust pole has worse stats then the standard Keylord 4 drop pole (60 utility rather then 62) and the proc is a stupid AOE heat DD that doesn't work yet.

Then you get items like the Spectral Soul Anchor with endurance proc's worth rediculous amounts. How could Mythic not see the problem with giving uber procs to some items and then leaving the rest with common procs you can craft?

Given the hassle that Sidi is, post TOA it'll only be used by groups wanting to get somewhere uncamped for MP items.

However a key thing to remember is, Sidi items can be replaced (even if at a huge cost) whereas the 'Legendary' items and many more TOA items cannot.

N

necrofill

Originally posted by kirennia
It's a case of as 1fg focus, you can get upto but not including apocalypse. Okay so 40 drops minimum between 8 people for 14 hours :)() work once every blue moon. No fuss, everyones very happy and it's a laugh.

You go to sidi as a zerg, you are constantly pmed asking what the last item was, where to go, if you can wait for lds etc etc thus mroe stress. You can kill 1 mob more then 1fg can. Okay so 50 items split between 100 people IF you manage to kill apoc.

Thas kinda why

alittle selfish said, but i still agree!!
and another thing is some guild dont belong to a big alliance or got a caba or theur (if u want to pull with 2 palas) in guild (like my guild)... yes i know we just can invite some but thats easier in a big guild there u maybe dont know the rest of the members very well, like we do!! and inviting a stranger u dont know into small guild is not easy :D

K

kirennia

Originally posted by necrofill
alittle selfish said, but i still agree!!
and another thing is some guild dont belong to a big alliance or got a caba or theur (if u want to pull with 2 palas) in guild (like my guild)... yes i know we just can invite some but thats easier in a big guild there u maybe dont know the rest of the members very well, like we do!! and inviting a stranger u dont know into small guild is not easy :D

Why selfishly said though? As it was, there would be aproximately 1 open sidi raid every fortnight at its peak in which 100 people would attend. In that time, 50 drops get dished out. Okay then, well now there are 14 raids in a fortnight and thats a silly amount more drops and a LOT more people happy.

As for the cabalist part, our focus group has used 6 different cabbies, none of which are currently in our guild. As long as you have something promising to offer (being able to go far into sidi or quickly do it) then they will come.

Originally posted by Kagato.
You do not need a cabbie to do a sidi raid with small numbers, you can kill just as much with the same amount of people and no cabalist.

And im sure they'll be more Open raids once Apoc is nerfed next patch.

You've gotten upto apoc as a 1fg tank group?

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Kagato.
Then you get items like the Spectral Soul Anchor with endurance proc's worth rediculous amounts. How could Mythic not see the problem with giving uber procs to some.
Although I agree with most of what you said I have to say an endurance proc sounds pretty gimp to me :) maybe its useful solo but if I go ooe I use an end pot, in most fights you can use a end regen pot before the fight even begins, allowing you to use a heal pot later if you need.

I use Azure Slicer myself, of course the damage add proc is useless in a group with a wiz or a theurg but then its rare I group with those classes. On the other hand I always group with a paladin :) Every proc has its advantages's and dis-advantage's but I hate dot procs cus they can break cc, the instant damage procs do very poor damage, damage add seems a nice compromise and can easily add up to 300 extra damage to my target before it runs out :) str/con debuff proc would prolly be the best I guess, but then I have barely looked at the TOA items yet.

Your point about some items getting boring old alchemy createable procs and others not is definately a good one. I miss the times before SC though, when every item you had counted, nowadays so few items cannot be created through SC and alchemy :( ah well it does make things a lot easier when you have several level 50 chars :)

Users who are viewing this thread