Open beta

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
you're a moron. stereotype 4tw, i'm a long time daoc player and i have no beef with WoW, you dont see me comming in here shouting about only EQ players hate DAOC

"Go play the grind and o the wtfpwnd nerfed me again ever QQ boring imo tbh but i wont voice my opinion because its a proven high quality game so my opinion means shit just like yours does kthx" :eek:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Moona said:
Yep daoc player :fluffle:

So your one of them cry babies who like everything on a plate? dont you like any sort of challenge?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
<coughs> I've read enough amateur flames in the DAoC RvR forums and frankly, I don't want to see WoW degenerate to that level while it's still in beta!

Anyone posting any kind of abuse, pro-wow or anti-wow will be personally flamed by me without restraint! I will not pay for your therapy or help you overcome your fear of the internet after said abuse :x

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
So your one of them cry babies who like everything on a plate? dont you like any sort of challenge?

yeayea cry baby
Next !

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
you're a moron. stereotype 4tw, i'm a long time daoc player and i have no beef with WoW, you dont see me comming in here shouting about only EQ players hate DAOC

"Go play the grind and o the wtfpwnd nerfed me again ever QQ boring imo tbh but i wont voice my opinion because its a proven high quality game so my opinion means shit just like yours does kthx" :eek:

thats why i dont like the community in DAOc, to much hate imo :fluffle:

i post one thing and im a morron and a cry baby lol , thats what i call a "nice" mentality ^^

well :kissit:

i only speak for the EU daoc ofc, US peeps are much nicer :eek:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Aada, calm down.

Take a deep breath and realize that not everyone is out to get you. The personal attacks are seriously uncalled for.

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Aada, calm down.

Take a deep breath and realize that not everyone is out to get you. The personal attacks are seriously uncalled for.
Amen ! ^^

mts

Fledgling Freddie
WoW is awesome. Easy levelling is cool.

That is all.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
mts said:
WoW is awesome. Easy levelling is cool.

That is all.
id have to disagree the whole lvling experience is quite a bore as ud expect.. the quests r medicore at best.. the story well who plays for a story?!?! read a book for that;x (i bet the majority of u are gonna disagree with this but then again this is only my oppinion)

if i was blizzard id of given the player a chance to insta lvl a chr to a lvl for a pvp experience .. so that the player wouldnt be just playing the game because it was made by blizzard... because tbh its just as boring a lvling grind as any other mmporg out there for eg. daoc, eq, etc etc..

ive pld a druid to lvl 6 in about a hour by just doing quests and a mage to lvl 8 in about 2 and abit hours.. and tbh i wish i spent my time outside getting wasted...

yes i am disapointed maybe i was one of those ppl that was swayed by the hype.. i was expecting sumthing diffrent new and unique.. of course i got what i thought would never happen a cosmetic cartoony daoc.. although i'll carry on lvling it till i get to a pvp stage so that im not to hastey to diss it... although so far id give this game a 6/10 .. if i still enjoyed daoc this would have been moved up to 8/10

i dont expect anyone to read this but if u do .... this is only my oppinion try the game out and decide for ure self(if u r still w8ing to get into beta:p)

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Aada, calm down.

^^future mod ;)

Mysteriax

Fledgling Freddie
PPL who dont like WoW and are in the beta, should give people wanting to test it out like me there key :D.
Now on a more serious note (though i will accept yer key :D)
Why is everybody flaming everyone. Most people have valid points, for example that leveling is easy, fast or whatever you call it in WoW, its a well known complaint.
I wont post about EQ because i havent read enough about the game to say anything about it.

There will always be people who hate a game or like a game about a certain feature. Just respect other peoples opinions, dont go flaming away.
Oh well this is the BarryWhine forum oh no FreddyWhine now, maybe its hopeless.....

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
lol give a way a key that is considered quite a rare commodity my good man are u mad? my friends ave already offered to buy it off me for a pritty penny lol.. im being swayed i must stress :)

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
id have to disagree the whole lvling experience is quite a bore as ud expect.. the quests r medicore at best.. the story well who plays for a story?!?! read a book for that;x (i bet the majority of u are gonna disagree with this but then again this is only my oppinion)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the quests I have seen and done in WoW (as both alliance and horde) are there best I've seen in any MMORPG. Ever. The stories are very immersive and sometimes funny, drawing you further into the game. You talk as if reading a book is a bad thing. If it hadn't been for some authors the very genre of MMORPG wouldn't even exist.

Sweet thing is, even if you don't like doing all the quests out there you can always grind away old school and still do levels alot faster than certain other MMORPGs.

Conchabar said:
if i was blizzard id of given the player a chance to insta lvl a chr to a lvl for a pvp experience .. so that the player wouldnt be just playing the game because it was made by blizzard... because tbh its just as boring a lvling grind as any other mmporg out there for eg. daoc, eq, etc etc..

Insta level = bad idea. If this option is given to players they might as well remove the entire concept of levels and levelling.

This is of course, my opionion.. like what you just wrote is yours. I'm not hammering down on you, just reflecting on what you wrote.

I was out tonight getting hammered and have spent the last 30 minutes writing this reply, so please be nice :]

Peace!

Signed,

One who is enjoying WoW immensly.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Farming quests are tedious and there're quite a few of those. The mobs respawn rate is slow enough that if two people are on the same quest, it becomes a contest of who can pull the mob the fastest when it spawns. On busy servers with several players working on the same quest, it's impossible!

Saying that though, it's not as bad as daoc. At least you can do several quests at the same time while you XP on mobs!

Insta-level up would not be good, specially not during the beta-test on a pvp server. It's worse than ebay players on daoc. Someone insta-level a warrior, runs out into the combat zone screaming his warcray and gets nuked to shit by a druid... while the warrior is trying to find his attack key! 2mins later, he finds the official whine board and "OMG!!! Druids are soo overpower3d" and 5 mins later the Druid population increases by 30% - Not the best way to test class balance :p

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Item collection quests are a double edged sword. "Quest item" quests are generally a high drop rate, sometimes even 100%. However if it requires you to get items that are basically vendor/tradeskill items, the drop rate can be pretty low. However you can buy/trade them at least.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
aye u know the scarlet quest where u gotta collect 20 bands jesus talk about camped about 10 ppl all trying to kill 20 mobs and the spawn rate is sooo slow talk about mob stealing

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
I would also like to point out the following section of the Code of Conduct that is in effect here on Freddyshouse:

"if you use the forums to wage virtual war you aren't just a very sad individual who probably likes to bash the bishop to streaming goat pr0n but you will also not be welcome here. "

Starting a flame war between WoW and EQ2 would fall into that section. And furthermore; we aren't interested in such a war. If you want to play EQ2, fine - do it.

Im not trying to start any flamewars.. You are on the other hand. I just said something bad about wow and you go all out.. Ohwell..

Im in both wow and eq2 beta and as stated earlier in a post in this thread. I wont be buying any of them for various reasons.

wow: too many youngsters/immature players-too easy-graphics not in my liking-most quests of the standard->go there kill x amount of y mob, go deliver/collect this and that etc.. Although they are wrapped with "stories" and "text" they basically fall under those categories-Geared to mmorpg newbies etc
eq2:Just don't like the game I guess. Repetitive-Class system not to my liking-small zones-same quest issues as with wow I guess.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
izikiel said:
Im not trying to start any flamewars.. You are on the other hand. I just said something bad about wow and you go all out.. Ohwell.
Hmm...

Whisperess said:
This alone makes me disregard your entire post.

You are ofcourse entitled to your opinion, but spewing it in here won't help you in any way, unless you're seeking warmth from flaming.

Teenager? Left that label about half a decade and a university degree ago. The only one acting childish around here is you, sir. (boy?)

Farewell, you won't be missed.
Yep, definatively going "all out" and "starting a flame war". :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom