Open Beta.. "Open" or just for preorders?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I was wondering, seeing all those "Preorder war now!!" adds, then hearing people talking about the open beta..

Does anyone know if open beta will be open for everyone, or only the ones preordering?

Thinking they would need to stress test, id guess they would want as many people as possiple.. but honestly i would like to know this :)

Tanks

peo

Fledgling Freddie
The open beta in Europe is for the CE preorders, people already in the closed beta, some extra people from the pool that doesn't have the CE and also from their partners in some way (I havn't figured that one out so far...)
So no it isn't for anyone.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Open beta is not for everyone, You cant just register and then download the game right away. Pre orders will get you in 100% tho im sure once open beta start a hell of alot of invites will be sent to almost everyone already registered anyway

peo

Fledgling Freddie
Open beta is not for everyone, You cant just register and then download the game right away. Pre orders will get you in 100% tho im sure once open beta start a hell of alot of invites will be sent to almost everyone already registered anyway

Only CE pre-orders. Which for the most part are already soldout since long ago. A normal pre-order gets you into live headstart but not beta.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Open Beta in this case means the NDA will be lifted.
There will be waves of more beta testers invited, but there wont be a downloadable client for everyone, his nan and her dog.

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
i think there were 55k CE box's sold and a lota ppl in beta already that will stay in till the end ..

they said they would be inviting more from the pool that signed up but i cant see it being many of the 700k+ ppl that has signed up

i would estimate open beta to be around 70k accounts ..

I was always in the thinking like most ppl that "open" ment any1 can play it but it seems they are calling it "open" because it wont have a NDA ..

i hear rummors that 15th is the date it will start but i very much doubt that tbh unless someone can post me a link were they have stated this etc

pikeh

Resident Freddy
i think there were 55k CE box's sold and a lota ppl in beta already that will stay in till the end ..

they said they would be inviting more from the pool that signed up but i cant see it being many of the 700k+ ppl that has signed up

i would estimate open beta to be around 70k accounts ..

I was always in the thinking like most ppl that "open" ment any1 can play it but it seems they are calling it "open" because it wont have a NDA ..

i hear rummors that 15th is the date it will start but i very much doubt that tbh unless someone can post me a link were they have stated this etc

theres several threads in which Devs have stated that the 15th is the day that US people can download the beta client. Its got nothing to do with starting the beta, and we have been informed several times that US and Uk OB start times will be synchronised.

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
theres several threads in which Devs have stated that the 15th is the day that US people can download the beta client. Its got nothing to do with starting the beta, and we have been informed several times that US and Uk OB start times will be synchronised.

yeah just read through all the posts ... its a lota copy and paste qq going on .. :) best just give goa a chance to prove what they say as so far it seems they have done no wrong

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
I kinda assumed that only people holding CE pre-order box codes would get to test the open beta. I am prolly wrong as i am not in the Closed beta so my info comes from unreliable source. Maybes IainC can shed some light?

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
It has been stated publically at many levels that open beta will include all the current closed beta participants and CE pre-order box holders (not SE pre-order box holders in the EU). Also they will let the press in or at least fully activate existing press accounts. For that last reason they will also let in the people who clicked the wrong option in the NDA pop-up that effectively made them into press members or people who work in the game industry etc as they are technically in the beta but not active. They will also invite bucket loads of people from the existing beta signup pools.

Cosyra

Fledgling Freddie
Okay im not going to go through all the posts to copy and paste but this is what i understood.

EU CE pre orders have an open beta key. This is starting on the 16th, im guessing this is one of the reasons the EU website is down at the moment. The beta is avail for download on the 15th - gives you 24hrs nearly to download about 10gb (thank god for 16mb broadband ;p). Not sure how this download is going to happen but i have read that its either going to be a torrent file or poss download the install manager which downloads kinda like a WoW patch.

We will have to see.

i found the link

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49602

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Okay im not going to go through all the posts to copy and paste but this is what i understood.

EU CE pre orders have an open beta key. This is starting on the 16th, im guessing this is one of the reasons the EU website is down at the moment. The beta is avail for download on the 15th - gives you 24hrs nearly to download about 10gb (thank god for 16mb broadband ;p). Not sure how this download is going to happen but i have read that its either going to be a torrent file or poss download the install manager which downloads kinda like a WoW patch.

No, like it said before, that is when US players can download it.
the 15th, as of yet, has nothing to do with euro.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

We will have to see.

i found the link

The Press Release of August 6th - Warhammer Forums

it says nowhere when the open beta will start, 16 august is as far as i know just wishful thinking of you part.

quoting from the link you post :

>>>>>>>>>>>>
6) Regarding the start of OB, we are still working out all the details and when we are 100% locked into a date, we will be happy to confirm it unequivocally. As the history of MMOs has shown, a bad OB can hurt both the long-term and the short-term the success of a game just as surely as a great OB can help the game succeed and we need to make sure that we are ready for OB on the day it begins.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

unless you have better info and can post it here, stop formulating your wishes as truth which will just disapoint a lot of people who take the stuff you say for the truth.

AS OF YET THEIR IS NO OFFICIAL DATE FOR WHEN THE OPEN BETA STARTS.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Yes let me also say it again THERE IS NO DATE ANYWHERE FOR THE START OF OPEN BETA.

15th August is for US ONLY and even that is only a date for when the US customers can DOWNLOAD the client.

Also there has to this moment been NO date set for EU download.

There is no "We will have to see." Cosyra just plain fact as has been clearly stated already by Mythic and GOA and people before you in this thread.

B

bl00dYNine

Just to Answer the Topic in Question

from war-europe: pre-order faq
edit: f upped the first post

Pre-ordering any version of Warhammer Online gets you an invitation to our open beta, but does not increase your chances of getting into the closed beta. Prior to March 26, 2008 no pre-order programs have been supported by EA Mythic. If you have pre-ordered before the above date please contact your retailer.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
from war-europe: pre-order faq
edit: f upped the first post

Pre-ordering any version of Warhammer Online gets you an invitation to our open beta, but does not increase your chances of getting into the closed beta. Prior to March 26, 2008 no pre-order programs have been supported by EA Mythic. If you have pre-ordered before the above date please contact your retailer.

Just to clear this up, that quote is from the warhammeronline.com site not from WAR-Europe as stated.

Here are the relevant links to show the difference: Mythic FAQ (click on 'pre-orders and collectors edition' then on 'how do I get into the beta if I already pre-ordered')

GOA FAQ (see the answer to the question 'what if I already had a pre-order for the box before the 28th March).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom