OoKT/PL/Dragon senate Sidi raid 6/3/04 ongoing weekly.

Trancer

Fledgling Freddie
Please be advised that our alliance has organised Regular weekly Sidi raids on Saturdays, Starting at Midday GMT. I thought this to be fair, as other people might like to hunt there in the evenings, and this should provide ample time for the walls to bleed -(hopefully not on us)- before their arrival.

Atrius

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
TBh i dont tink any Big Guild or Allience should be able to claim regular non Public sidi raids specialy during the Weekend. Not excatly fair other raiding parties for which sidi is a nice cash earner. Prehaps opening it up to everyone once every 2 weeks would be a better idea

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Trancer said:
Please be advised that our alliance has organised Regular weekly Sidi raids on Saturdays, Starting at Midday GMT. I thought this to be fair, as other people might like to hunt there in the evenings, and this should provide ample time for the walls to bleed -(hopefully not on us)- before their arrival.

Atrius
i hope that didnt start today given delks public apoc raid thats been advertised for 2 weeks is tonight :eek:

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
No PL as yet were informed about Alliance weeklies.. and i personally dont think any one should have spot for themselves only on weekends. And nope BC, as i type this im trying to gather the fg i promised Delk for ffa apoc.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Garok said:
TBh i dont tink any Big Guild or Allience should be able to claim regular non Public sidi raids specialy during the Weekend. Not excatly fair other raiding parties for which sidi is a nice cash earner. Prehaps opening it up to everyone once every 2 weeks would be a better idea

agreed, only public raids should be able to claim weekly

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Garok said:

Other raiding parties who go to farm drops are mostly fixed groups for limited people(1fg). They aren't exaclty fair on other players either and an alliance raid will spread loot more evenly, then a select few having a CM full of sidi drops ;)

I'm sure if someone wants to use Sidi on Saturdays they can speak to the guilds involved and come to some arrangement. But until that happens, there's no need to accuse them of unfair play.

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
think this is the stupidest thing i ever heard... claiming all saturdays for "alliance raid" :kissit:

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Escape said:
Other raiding parties who go to farm drops are mostly fixed groups for limited people(1fg). They aren't exaclty fair on other players either and an alliance raid will spread loot more evenly, then a select few having a CM full of sidi drops ;)

I'm sure if someone wants to use Sidi on Saturdays they can speak to the guilds involved and come to some arrangement. But until that happens, there's no need to accuse them of unfair play.

Im not accuseing them of unfair play just suggesting a rethink of it.

Saturday is Peak time tbh and would mean all other guilds and alliences would have to run raids on sundays.. not just Fg raids

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe you should check if there were any raids there first ?

Dystre has planned a Sidi raid next saturday for 7pm, and you have one planned for Mid-day, so that makes it 10pm before repop.

Trancer

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:

Here Here!! I have read through all your thoughts and while I understand that this might be problematic as far as sharing the dungeon is concerned. I see no problem with someone, who wants to plan a raid, in contacting me and saying Please can we go raid sidi this week, you guys have had it booked for a while and we wanna have a turn. I see no problem with that to be honest. COMMUNICATION is the key!! Also, one might find that many of the people who raised issue against this time will be toying with the Joys of Toa, remaining almost unaware that a raid is taking place (food for thought).

The main gist of what I am saying, is that arrangements can be changed with good communication. I know this will stop a random group from deciding on random impotus that they might like to go to sidi, but those sorts of raids are much more exclusive than alliance raids. Finally I like the idea that the raid can be opened up to be a FFA raid. What a pro-active suggestion! I'd like to try that!!

Please note that i am not trying to answer every issue raised by this post. If you feel that i have dodged a comment you have made, I haven't. I just feel that any possible issue that may occur, could be sorted out with communication, hence the creation of this post.

Ta

Atrius Majora

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Trancer said:
Here Here!! I have read through all your thoughts and while I understand that this might be problematic as far as sharing the dungeon is concerned. I see no problem with someone, who wants to plan a raid, in contacting me and saying Please can we go raid sidi this week, you guys have had it booked for a while and we wanna have a turn. I see no problem with that to be honest. COMMUNICATION is the key!! Also, one might find that many of the people who raised issue against this time will be toying with the Joys of Toa, remaining almost unaware that a raid is taking place (food for thought).

The main gist of what I am saying, is that arrangements can be changed with good communication. I know this will stop a random group from deciding on random impotus that they might like to go to sidi, but those sorts of raids are much more exclusive than alliance raids. Finally I like the idea that the raid can be opened up to be a FFA raid. What a pro-active suggestion! I'd like to try that!!

Please note that i am not trying to answer every issue raised by this post. If you feel that i have dodged a comment you have made, I haven't. I just feel that any possible issue that may occur, could be sorted out with communication, hence the creation of this post.

Ta

Atrius Majora

A good answer tbh...

Answered any critisims i might have had ..

Good Luck with your raids :cheers:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can I suggest that you create separate posts to announce the raids rather than relying on one sweeping statement. This way other people could announce their own raids and as time goes on you can check none clash?

I'll happily stick raid announcements provided the date and time are in the thread title..... ;)

Trancer

Fledgling Freddie
Good Idea

Aye sounds good Jupitus!!

I'll do that instead of expecting this post to remain here for ages, getting crusty etc. (or something)

All the best.

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Ivan said:
No PL as yet were informed about Alliance weeklies..

Am I the only one to spot they booked it for an alliance hunt but forgot to tell the alliance? ;o

Think Jup has the right idea.. just keep it how it was, posting when you want to go not booking for good :twak:

Pelinore

Fledgling Freddie
No Templars were informed about this either, to my knowledge. Nor do I really expect us to be raiding Sidi just after the release of ToA, or indeed as an alliance in the foreseeable future.

I'm sure we'll discuss this with Atrius and let people know if we go ahead with alliance raids on Saturdays.

Trancer

Fledgling Freddie
Atrius

Indeed despite what has been said, information regarding this raid has been available to view on both the guild and alliance website for almost a week now. Irrespective of that FACT, i will move the day of these raids to a weekday, which is currently being decided. The main problem we had with the weekend is that so many would not have been able to make it, as well as the fact that we would have to change the day occasionally so that others could raid on a saturday afternoon.

Thankyou those who provided me with constructive imput. It has helped me to better organise these raids

Atrius

Trancer

Fledgling Freddie
Speeedy said:
Am I the only one to spot they booked it for an alliance hunt but forgot to tell the alliance? ;o

Think Jup has the right idea.. just keep it how it was, posting when you want to go not booking for good :twak:

It is an interesting point speedy makes. You would also be interested to know that notification of this raid was posted on the alliance web site before it was posted here. Which means all those who thought that they were not told and have made mention on freddys house, actually dont read their alliance web site as regularly as they do freddy's house. Either that, or have not the intuition to work out how to register properly with the alliance web site.

:touch:

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Trancer said:
It is an interesting point speedy makes. You would also be interested to know that notification of this raid was posted on the alliance web site before it was posted here. Which means all those who thought that they were not told and have made mention on freddys house, actually dont read their alliance web site as regularly as they do freddy's house. Either that, or have not the intuition to work out how to register properly with the alliance web site.

:touch:

:eek7: Really ??? Post the information here please, as i have no access to www.thedragonsenate.net and there is nothing on new alliance boards. :eek7:

Trancer

Fledgling Freddie
Ivan said:
:eek7: Really ??? Post the information here please, as i have no access to www.thedragonsenate.net and there is nothing on new alliance boards. :eek7:

No worries Ivan. The new alliance website may be found here -CLICK HERE-

You must register here and ask to join the alliance via a link which can be found at the top of the main page, after registering.

Hope this solves all your problems.

I am surprised that there is no mention of the new alliance forum on the phoenix legion web site. I do know for certain that there is such a mention on the temporary alliance forum, hoseted by the Dragon Senate forum.

Trancer

Fledgling Freddie
Please Note....

Please note that I am recheduling this raid, and all future raids in the series will be posted on a weekly basis, instead of one post specifying an on-going series. Thanks again to all those who provided constructive criticism. Even if it was awful (joke).

Ta

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
There is mention of new alliance forums on PL webby, just no trace of the fact that you actually have to tell someone to give you full access, take me for example, i made a few posts ... people know for sure that i am in PL and yet ive either not been granted access or the information is simply not there :( Pass on info more efficiently :) oh and forgot to say, with ToA here it will be tough to muster a decent size force.

Trancer

Fledgling Freddie
Ivan said:
There is mention of new alliance forums on PL webby, just no trace of the fact that you actually have to tell someone to give you full access, take me for example, i made a few posts ... people know for sure that i am in PL and yet ive either not been granted access or the information is simply not there :( Pass on info more efficiently :) oh and forgot to say, with ToA here it will be tough to muster a decent size force.

Aye Ivan, it sux. It took me about three days of surfin the web site to find the information about registering and acquiring permission to join the site proper, in order to see the restricted posts. You're not the only person who's had problems with it.

I hope you have got it all sorted now. Oh and with regards to people turning up. Aye I understand, but you only need one full group, and although this may be difficult for a few weeks. The ToA fever will subside after a while, when people have done their respective master levels etc. So i'm hoping for more interest after that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom