Ooh! New Ninty portable

babs

Can't get enough of FH
If it is it was supposed to be unveiled at E3.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Scooba da Bass said:
Is this the third pillar thing that they've been talking about for a while now?

I believe so, but if it plays GC to their full potential it might actually be worth buying. The price tag isn't too unreasonable.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Blah and i just Bought a damned GameCube too! :eek:

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
And now, considering the remake of MGS (Seen the video yet peeps? It's outstanding!), the GC may actually appeal to a slightly larger audience e.g. me. :)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Miyamoto and Kojima together. Oh suit you. There's no way it can be anything but great.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Close with the timing, just off with the details it seems....
EDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 20, 2004--An unprecedented approach to video game play -- holding two separate game screens in the palm of your hand -- hits the scene later this year when Nintendo introduces a new portable game system, code-named Nintendo DS.

From information made available today, players can look forward to being able to manage their game progress from two different perspectives, enhancing both the speed and strategy of the challenge. For example in a soccer game, users can view the whole game on one screen while simultaneously focusing on an individual soccer player's tackle or goal on the other screen.

Players will no longer be forced to interrupt game play to shift perspective, such as moving from a wide shot to a close up, or alternating between a character's ongoing battle and a map of the environment. Nintendo DS makes it possible to perform the tasks in real time by simply glancing from one screen to the other.

Today's announcement is but a glimpse of the additional features and benefits that will be shown in full at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles in May. Once fully revealed, players will see innovative advances in game interaction.

"We have developed Nintendo DS based upon a completely different concept from existing game devices in order to provide players with a unique entertainment experience for the 21st century," explains Satoru Iwata, Nintendo president.

Nintendo DS features two separate 3-inch TFT LCD display panels, separate processors, and semiconductor memory of up to 1 Gigabit. It's scheduled to launch worldwide before the end of 2004.

In addition to Nintendo-developed software, the company is in discussions with third-party game developers around the world.

Nintendo DS will be marketed separately from the company's existing Nintendo Game Boy® Advance portable system and Nintendo GameCube(TM) home console.

I think it sounds great, RPG and strategy games would be great on this.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds pretty much exactly like what Nintendo have been doing with the GBA linkup on the Cube.

Dubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Great, all you then need is independent use of each eye as per fighter pilots in lynx helipcopters! They train for years to achieve that! :)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Shame Nintendos gimmicks never attract mainstream gamers, they have done a bunch of crazy stuff (read genius) but noone really uses any of them. So they dont sell. This smells of gimmick again, how many of you actually bothered with GBA and Wind Waker link up? I wanted to be arsed but i couldnt.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Dubbs said:
Great, all you then need is independent use of each eye as per fighter pilots in lynx helipcopters! They train for years to achieve that! :)
Rubbish, in a film they strapped some underpants to aguys head and put a periscope on one eye while blocking the other one out. He learned in an afternoon ;)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Sar said:
I did.

It worked well. :)

Wasnt it a little yellow twat who popped up on the GBA when you sailed across something worth getting in the ocean? I forget the little guys name. Not too similar when Ocarina of time had the rumble feature (if you spent £14.99 on the Rumble Pack exclusively by nintendo) if you ran anywhere near something hidden.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Doomy said:
Shame Nintendos gimmicks never attract mainstream gamers, they have done a bunch of crazy stuff (read genius) but noone really uses any of them. So they dont sell. This smells of gimmick again, how many of you actually bothered with GBA and Wind Waker link up? I wanted to be arsed but i couldnt.

I agree 100%. I expect not only a Virtual Boy style failure, but also every 3rd party game having a map/status screen on the second display and nothing else.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
The reason i couldnt be arsed is made evn worse when i do have 2 GBA's (still need an SP), Link cable (MArio Kart at work :p) and a GC and zelda. That may just be lazy tho.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Scooba da Bass said:
I agree 100%. I expect not only a Virtual Boy style failure, but also every 3rd party game having a map/status screen on the second display and nothing else.
Nail. Hit. Head.

All the way through reading the report I was thinking "Sounds like another Virtual Boy".

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I think I'll reserve judgement til I've 1) seen it and 2) seen how the second screen (which will be vertically aligned) works in practise. It's daft to write it off when noone knows anything of value yet.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
babs said:
I think I'll reserve judgement til I've 1) seen it and 2) seen how the second screen (which will be vertically aligned) works in practise. It's daft to write it off when noone knows anything of value yet.

Oh ill buy it ok! Just maybe wont use it very much if at all :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
Tingle popped up on your GBA, and it allowed you to find artifacts in the game. It also allowed you to fill up your health and weapons at any time in the game as Tingle was a mobile merchant, dependant on whether you had enough Rupees to pay for them of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom