Onyxia killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Lagnard said:
I don't see anyone here blaming a country for what has happened, if you read koreans they probably mean the group of koreans who did this, I'm still waiting for the blue post to make a judgement on this matter

if it is a cheat or bug abuse then the group who did it deserves to be flamed and get punished for their actions, korean or anything else

the level 60 in 3 days is done by a leveling bot, that's a fact and this being a fact makes the whole onyxia thing very suspicious

Bug abuse is seen in some coutries as a weakness in the game, its only euro and yanks who see it as cheating. The game environment is dictated by rules, as long as the rules are adhered too then anything goes (i.e. not using third party programmes, hacks etc). The only people who can be blamed for bugs is Blizzard, not the intelligent players who spot them and turn them to their own advantage....BLIZZARD create the environment, we only play there.

Also, if you read the thread, you'd see that Koreans didnt level their toons to 60 in 3 days, they lvled them during beta and there was no wipe.

60 in 3 days is, apparently, impossible, there is no such thing as a "level bot".

I do agree that killing the toughest mob in the game after a few days is ludicrous.

Lagnard

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Bug abuse is seen in some coutries as a weakness in the game, its only euro and yanks who see it as cheating. The game environment is dictated by rules, as long as the rules are adhered too then anything goes (i.e. not using third party programmes, hacks etc).
we have a perfect example why it isn't ok to use bugs, mage floating in the air (image this on a pvp server or battlegrounds)

some say it's a bot others say it's only an exploit, anyway read this http://www.blizzhackers.com/viewtopic.php?t=248741 if that doesn't piss you off then I don't know what will, this is why I assumed it's a bot and still am http://www.inven.co.kr/bbs/data/image_box/1106584001/346_roman.jpg

I'm still not saying Onyxia was taking down by hacks or exploit, the mage however can't be legit, impossible (they even have a screen to prove it)

btw really hope blizzard does something about those forums, it has 100.000 registered users and it's full of this stuff :(

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Also, if you read the thread, you'd see that Koreans didnt level their toons to 60 in 3 days, they lvled them during beta and there was no wipe.

60 in 3 days is, apparently, impossible, there is no such thing as a "level bot".

I do agree that killing the toughest mob in the game after a few days is ludicrous.

1. If YOU read the thread i.e. the original post you would have seen:

"And they just needed 3 Days to level a Mage up to lv60 thats also a new Record but check the pictures...

http://www.inven.co.kr/bbs/data/image_box/348_roman.jpg
http://www.inven.co.kr/bbs/data/image_box/1106584001/347_roman.jpg "

2. There are lots of level bots but none of them are any faster than levelling yourself, it's not particularly hard to code a bot that will afk level, you can even code it to detect PM's and reply with "i am not afk" :p

3. Not really considering they didn't get char wiped, their beta started same time as US retail and they've been at retail themselves for quite a while; I'm skeptical whether it's even worth the bother, 3 item drops and 40+ people? The items don't seem all that uber either.

Edit: Ah you meant a 3rd party program as a bot, well yes, that's not what a bot means but it was always pretty clear that this was done using some form of hacking tool.

Lagnard

Fledgling Freddie
yes sorry about the confusion there, I was told the program teleports you to a location with good xp and uses the floating bug when you arrive at the spot, kills a few mobs at that location and then teleports you on to the next location, etc, etc

this is what makes it so much more efficient then player leveling, not like those AFK bots that you thought I was referring to

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Lagnard said:
we have a perfect example why it isn't ok to use bugs, mage floating in the air (image this on a pvp server or battlegrounds)

some say it's a bot others say it's only an exploit, anyway read this http://www.blizzhackers.com/viewtopic.php?t=248741 if that doesn't piss you off then I don't know what will, this is why I assumed it's a bot and still am http://www.inven.co.kr/bbs/data/image_box/1106584001/346_roman.jpg

I'm still not saying Onyxia was taking down by hacks or exploit, the mage however can't be legit, impossible (they even have a screen to prove it)

btw really hope blizzard does something about those forums, it has 100.000 registered users and it's full of this stuff :(

Ok, this shit is well beyond me.....does this mean, if its true and not a hoax, that WoW could end up like games such as CS where everyone either cheats, or accuses people of cheating?

Pretty serious stuff really for Blizzard either way.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Im playing on a US server, doesnt have koreans but we have alot of chinese people. there is atleast 3 chinese guilds, they play alot. They probably put up 50% of everything that is usefull on AH. They sell enchantments for 10-20% of normal price. (bind on pickup items probably). These people isnt Farmers tho. we have our share of those also tho. Even tho im playing on the smallest server we have 8 confirmed farmers 4 in each faction.

(They suck at playing, and have such high latency they cant do anything in grp, that said they still manage to get items somehow :eek7: )

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Browsing around a little and here is some "evidence" that the Korean raid wasnt by the rules.

http://www.pristontale.de/onykill.jpg
Korea: Onyxia is hovering in the air.

http://www.netdesign.net/~kitae/onyxia/onyx.jpg
US how it supposed to look. onyxia on the ground.
onyxia has been killed twice and you havent even been there and you know how he is supposed to die? He is supposed to hoover while alive, maybe he is supposed to stay hoovering while dead or maybe he not. However even if it is a bug that causes onyxia to stay hoovering, it certainly doesnt proof anything. As I have had mobs die and disappear in the ground, cause somehow their position was a little under the ground so when they die they fall underground, but that "bug" didnt help me kill the mob at all (it does make it slightly harder to loot/skin the mob though :/).

Also they might have used bugs, but just found it stupid that you used those screenshots as proof that they cheated as it really proves nothing.

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
It was valid, both of them were.

The korean kill was with some extra bugs which got hotfixed, the US kill was post-hotfix.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Sh33p said:
It was valid, both of them were.

The korean kill was with some extra bugs which got hotfixed, the US kill was post-hotfix.
but the US kill still had some bugs left in that will get fixed. So neither were without bugs.

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
but the US kill still had some bugs left in that will get fixed. So neither were without bugs.

Is anything in this game?

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
~Insert whine about koreans using h4x and killing dragon~

~Insert whine about americans using h4x and killing dragon~

~Insert whine about people whining too much~

~Insert random QQ~

:m00:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Elvo^Rylu said:
~Insert whine about koreans using h4x and killing dragon~

~Insert whine about americans using h4x and killing dragon~

~Insert whine about people whining too much~

~Insert random QQ~

:m00:

~Insert :twak: for such a content-lacking post~

Guys - lets keep this forum constructive and take petty 'QQ' shite elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom