Only at Portals ?

Weap0rz

Regular Freddie
Why does my camelot close down sometimes whenever i go near the SI portal in goth? Got 512 mb of Ram and everything needed for recommended specs? Anyone know why?

it just closes the window and exits me to desktop!

Thanks

:( :(

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
Your not the first person that has this sort of problem..Should have looked other threads aswell lots info in those, but update all your drivers ^^Motherboards,graphics,sound etc..

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Weap0rz said:
Why does my camelot close down sometimes whenever i go near the SI portal in goth? Got 512 mb of Ram and everything needed for recommended specs? Anyone know why?

Thanks

same kinda used to happen to me near the same portal (SI portal)

the screen would just turn black and get occasional flashes of whats happening.

and what the other person said update your drivers, get your latest graphic card drivers

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Also do a full file check next time you start Camelot. The portal graphic file, or another nearby, may be corrupt.

Darzil

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Thing i am not getting is that this isn't a one of. It seems quite frequent and there has not been a single response (that i have noticed) from a member of the games staff. So either they are turning a blind eye and denying all knowledge of the fact theres a potential flaw in the game code which is resulting in problems for a lot of people, or they are aware of it and are currently reviewing it, or simply dont give a flying f00k. For me personally its a royal pain in the ass as its only occured since NF, this includes with me trying:

1) Fresh install
2) new ram
3) new hdd
4) enlarging swapfile
5) ensuring windows is upto date
6) running ram checks to ensure ram isnt faulty
7) reinstalling game

And to be honest, i cant be fucking bothered to fire up a game for 5 minutes only for it to crash. Then again, if i wasn't in a semi drunked state i reckon id have done the smart thing and kept my mouth shut. But as it is... to the game staff: start reading these forums, and start contributing some advice and suggestions cause this 'problem' has resulted in myself at least not wanting to play the game due to the frustration it causes with constant crashes.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Sneakies

Pm me on irc ill help you.

Nick is naffets on quakenet.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
sneakies said:
Thing i am not getting is that this isn't a one of. It seems quite frequent and there has not been a single response (that i have noticed) from a member of the games staff. So either they are turning a blind eye and denying all knowledge of the fact theres a potential flaw in the game code which is resulting in problems for a lot of people, or they are aware of it and are currently reviewing it, or simply dont give a flying f00k. For me personally its a royal pain in the ass as its only occured since NF, this includes with me trying:

1) Fresh install
2) new ram
3) new hdd
4) enlarging swapfile
5) ensuring windows is upto date
6) running ram checks to ensure ram isnt faulty
7) reinstalling game

And to be honest, i cant be fucking bothered to fire up a game for 5 minutes only for it to crash. Then again, if i wasn't in a semi drunked state i reckon id have done the smart thing and kept my mouth shut. But as it is... to the game staff: start reading these forums, and start contributing some advice and suggestions cause this 'problem' has resulted in myself at least not wanting to play the game due to the frustration it causes with constant crashes.

Or they take the line that they rightly arent responsible for whatever software/hardware you have badly installed or not up to date. Why should they hang around here to sort out people who cant setup their PCs properly?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Weap0rz said:

Thanks

Check other threads, if i remember correctly this is usualy caused by network card drivers, though it could be viruses, video card drivers...

andree

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Or they take the line that they rightly arent responsible for whatever software/hardware you have badly installed or not up to date. Why should they hang around here to sort out people who cant setup their PCs properly?

Why shouldnt they? :)

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
boni said:

I think that Mythic/GOA or which ever runs this circus should poke their noses in here and offer help because this is 'their' game, and this is a 'technical' issue with it. Obviously i cant speak on behalf of weap0rz, but i dont have any problems when i play Counter Strike Source, Halflife 2 or Quake 3 and if i did, id be able to get technical support. As such, i can claim that its a 'technical fault with DAOC' as such, i feel compelled to state that as a company, they should support their game, and attempt to resolve any issues with it, and to me, this is an issue with the game... Until proven otherwise.

And in my defence, i wouldnt class myself as a novice, nor would i call myself an expert. Id say i know my way around a PC, hardware and software wise. Im not completly imcompetent, and the only thing you could do to show my comupter ignorance, is to go into technical jargon such as the finer points of coding, cisco networking, or the way hardware and software performs its functions from electrical components and software code.

Gwenne

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt it is much help, but I had a similar problem in certain areas of Atlantis, and in some bits around Domnann. It started when I installed Atlantis, I was fine in Domnann until then. My graphics card was supposed to be suitable for SI but not TOA. My theory was that when I hit special graphics used by some areas of Atlantis I crashed, and there were changes to Domann graphics because the boat to Atlantis leaves from the docks there.

Anyway the PC with a suitable graphics card for Atlantis didn't have the problem.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
In your network card properties, disable the option for Hardware Checksumming (may also be called Checksum Offload). That shoudl solve the problem and is mentioned in any of the threads in this forum about the same problem.

As far as tech support is concerned, we only offer basic advice as we cannot possibly offer specific advice without detailed info on your system and software environment. If you want us to help with a problem then you should go through RightNow. I don't check this particular forum all that often as this isn't an official channel. As the forum title says, this is where players help players with technical problems. I stick my nose in from time to time but asking for help here is not guaranteed to get a reply from any of us at Goa.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
sneakies said:
And in my defence, i wouldnt class myself as a novice, nor would i call myself an expert.

Im not really trying to imply that you personaly do or dont know alot about computers, just that the majority of problems are down to users installing stuff badly/wrongly/not at all..., if poor mr Requiel had to appear in a puff of smoke every time someone got their graphics card drivers in a twist or forgot to install DirectX then he would have no time to do anything else would he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom