Music Onlline mp3 store

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Whats the online mp3 store of choice these days ..

Im looking to get old albums from the 80's that i lost and i found some on some russian sites like gomusic.ru and such just wondered what people use.

I dont think i want to be burdened with iTunes as its just going on to my Archos player and pc

Thanks for your help maybe if you dont flame me too much

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
7Digital isn't half bad, and the tracks are DRM free

nath

Fledgling Freddie
DRM free tracks on Amazon too as far as I know.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Amazon are currently £3 per album, but i think they're a bit limited with stuff atm while they get there library uploaded

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
yeah i found amazon quite limited atm ... where as 7Digital wants to still charge me 8 quid for a 20 year old album hehe

what happened to allofmp3.com .. did that get shut down ?

Litmus

Resident Freddy
yeah i found amazon quite limited atm ... where as 7Digital wants to still charge me 8 quid for a 20 year old album hehe

what happened to allofmp3.com .. did that get shut down ?

yea, that went over a year ago, wasn't a legit download site.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Using Amazon & iTunes personally as 7digital don't seem to good for special offers / deals. Dunno if eMusic is still about and but I think they were subscription rather than pay per track.

Sar

Part of the furniture
eMusic is still about Meg, because I keep getting bloody emails from them shouting about "75 FREE DOWNLOADS IF YOU COME BACK AND A BLOW JOB!".

The blow job bit may or may not be actually true.

Personally if I really like an album I'll buy the physical CD and rip it myself. But I refuse to buy music I've already bought in another format.

IE: If I have bought a CD years ago and have lost it then I'll acquire the mp3's online.

And the RIAA have given up suing file sharers, so it's only a matter of time before the BPI does the same!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
yeah i read about the RIAA giving up ..

i wouldnt mind paying 3 or 4 quid for an album but when i bought them on tape and lp originally they only cost 5.99 or so for an album and they dont even have the cost of the media and transport costs on it buying on line .. seems silly to charge so much :/

Sar

Part of the furniture
Yeah but you do have server and bandwidth costs to cover off though, plus artist and label cuts too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom