Online shopping

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I wondered if we could start a thread on good online retailers people have used over the years. I'd like it to remain positive because EVERYONE could talk the hind legs off a donkey about their bad experiences. I'd like a thread people can easily search through for reputable companies.

One company who have consistently performed extremely quickly for me is Crucial. I ordered a stick of memory around midday yesterday and it was delivered this morning about 8:30am. I've used Crucial on several occasions and their service has always been this quick.

Anyone else got any exceptionally good experiences?

The-Don

Loyal Freddie
Komplett (www.komplett.co.uk) have always been pretty decent for me. Speedy delivery times, well packed, good prices and an excellent RMA system.

Dabs (www.dabs.com) have been ok. I only tend to use them when I am really desperate and need items delivering next day.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
I'll second Kenny about Crucial - I've ordered from them a couple of times and their service has always been exemplary. Cheap too :)

Dabs have also been good for me - their prices aren't the best around, but their delivery is pretty good.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
ebuyer, I've lost count how much stuff I've ordered from there.

Clown

Part of the furniture
E-Buyer seconded. Ordered many a time from there and got my stuff within the date set. Also, people have ordered stuff for me and they managed to deliver the stuff to my house on time also.

I've also never had a problem with Broadbandbuyer, Microdirect and some obscure shop that I can't remember the name of.

*touch wood*
I hope I never have a horror story to tell.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Expansys.co.uk
But only order if your items show as in stock, otherwise you could wait months for something that says stock in 3 days.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Overclockers.co.uk , ive never had any trouble from them
Dabs.com
overclock.co.uk , very nice place, gota mobo off em that had a broken transistor and it was replaced by them within a couple of days.
crucial.com/uk nice service but for some daft reason, instead of having Mr on the parcels they stick on Mrs :/

Tom

I am a FH squatter
~Yuckfou~ said:
Expansys.co.uk
But only order if your items show as in stock, otherwise you could wait months for something that says stock in 3 days.

Funny that, because I'm waiting for 2 incar phone chargers, in stock in 4-5 days. That was nearly 2 weeks ago.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Hello People,
I have to agree with Crucial and ebuyer.co.uk have used both and had no problems.

Later

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.aria.co.uk

Always order perfectly fine for me, excellent customer service, if something breaks send it back and they will send a new one to you straight away. :)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Just thought I'd dig up this old thread again to put another good word in for Overclockers.co.uk. I ordered a new gfx card around 3:30pm yesterday and it was delivered this morning. PDQ.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
And there was I thinking that xane had popped back. Anyway, I would think that most reputable companies trade with similar principles to the major outlets on the high street - good stock levels, good service, competitive pricing, and the odd freebie/voucher every now and again.

mank!

Part of the furniture
overclockers.co.uk have always been superb, as have Scan.co.uk, ebuyer.co.uk and crucial.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Acer.co.uk ... dont recommend them, I had to send back a mb, took 3-4 weeks to get it back then the one they gave me was broken already :| another 3-4 weeks.... I was without my main PC for almost 3 months in total. :eek7:

I use dabs and ebuyer loads, dont forget dabs give you points to get free gifts! :D
I just used dabs to buy a tablet, I got a free wireless router AND 0% interest for 1 year :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom