Online Pirates

A

adams901

This looks like a good game, I have been waiting for something like this to be released for some time. Lets just hope that it turns out as good as it sounds and looks.

http://www.piratesoftheburningsea.com/index.php

Pirates of the Burning Sea is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game set in the 18th century Caribbean Sea. Players will assume the role of ship captains trying to work their way up as privateers, merchants, traders, or naval officers. Some of the game's features include 3 nations to join, skill based advancement with no leveling, and the ability to customize your ship. Beta is scheduled to begin at the end of 2003.

B

bigfoot

A trailer for it featuring in-game footage is on our FTP somewhere, from what I recall it wasn't that impressive but yarrrr never know :p

S

Swift^

Just what the online gaming scene needs: ANOTHER MMORPG.

Really.

Give us more.

T

Testin da Cable

arrrr!!! I hope it features real-time sailing!! ;) I have to admit a piratey game is refreshing. no wizards or plasma weapons for a change!

S

Swift^

Ooo, a new variation on the same old tired theme that doesn't work and dies as quickly as it came.

B

bigfoot

It can't be any more lacking-in-skill-all-spam than planetside is

T

Testin da Cable

if you put it that way then yeah, it will suck eventually. I still give it 7/10 for effort though (that is without playing it mind)

S

Swift^

I give my ass 7/10 for effort. It puts in a lot of time, and brings new ideas forward.

Does that mean I want to play with it though?

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Swift^
I give my ass 7/10 for effort. It puts in a lot of time, and brings new ideas forward.

Does that mean I want to play with it though?

WARNING: link takes you to something strange, that I seriously never have seen before. if I'm breaking a rule please let me know :(

S

Swift^

That is wrong.

Don't make me look at pages like that at work again, that defies belief (on first glance).

T

Testin da Cable

it seems that it actually is alive too. read the FAQ. I'm not sure if it's a hoax or not heh :eek7:

A

adams901

Originally posted by Swift^
Ooo, a new variation on the same old tired theme that doesn't work and dies as quickly as it came.

simple soloution is dont play it, that way you will have nothing to complain about :).

Testin da Cable: from what I have read, it will involve real time sailing, the screenshot section on the site has some pretty good shots... Shame they havent got any pictures of Ships Of The Line yet.

S

Swift^

I didn't particularly want to read the FAQ... at home I would for a laugh, but here I think that's probably just a tad too dodgy.

And adams: I have no intention of playing it. I'm complaining about the new "trend" of games to come out - 99% are shit samey MMORPGs that get a following for all of about 2 weeks, then die out.

T

Testin da Cable

it seems to have dissapeared, for the best I'm sure :)

as to the game, I'm having second thoughts about the playability of a pirate tinged game. there will have to be a serious amount of action going on to keep player interaction at anything like an acceptable level...and there's always the strange sight of 3000 man'owars docked at the same port heh.

*goes off to read the actual webby* ;)

S

Swift^

I'd like to see 3000 ships drop anchor in your poo bay too actually andy.

I'm beginning to like the sound of this game actually...

T

Testin da Cable

careful you, or I'll send my pet lump 'round!! :eek:

S

Swift^

was hoping your pet lump was it, and you were sending it my way :(

T

Testin da Cable

I've got mind pics of Lumps crawling about my flat leaving snail-like trails of goo. it's not fun :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom