Online electrical retailers?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Quite possibly the wrong forum, but meh.

Anyone know of any good online electrical goods retailers - specifically I'm after a Panasonic Lumix FZ30 digital camera. Empiredirect.co.uk has the cheapest but doesn't have it in stock. So basically - anyone who has any good sites for getting something like this would be fluffled lots.

(btw, I've tried pricerunner, kelkoo and froogle).

Ta!

edit: price I'm looking for is sub £350.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nath - I've moved it because I DO think you will get a more considered and educated answer from peeps in this area for what you are looking for - If you don't get enough feedback I'll move it back if you PM me...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
YOU BASTARD DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

('sok :))

Cheers clown - saw them, thing is I know I can get it cheaper than that somewhere. And somewhere soon, I guess if I just wait a couple of weeks EmpireDirect will get it in.

Plus, silver - icky :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
That's including VAT though. I like that shop too :)

Gemma the Dog

One of Freddy's beloved
a word of warning

Clown said:

only used pixmania once - bought a car mp3 player bundled with a 2gb usb hdd - only to find that a) it wasn't in stock even though website said it was, b) when it arrived (late) the usb didn't work in the car radio - and no amount of calling to explain I thought it might be incompatible helped and c) they are based in FRANCE - so if you have to send anything back it's a tad expensive!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
looking more like I'll wait for the couple of weeks til empiredirect get it in. £334.76 inc VAT. I was just hoping someone had an idea of another place that'd sell it as cheap.

Clown

Part of the furniture
eTailors often do that though. They lower the price while they have no stock, so you can order now and wait however long you wait, or wait and then pay more :)

Empire are ***** when coming round to getting stock in. I could probably tell you the story tomorrow as I'm going to sleep now.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Whelp - I've just checked empire direct again and it's gone up to 368. Clown - pixmania worked ok for you?

Clown

Part of the furniture
Yes. They have shops in England too, so you don't need to speak French :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Nice, they've got a pick up at store option in Fulham - that's 15minutes from here :D

Clown

Part of the furniture
I used to be down at Lillie Road, West Brompton.
:)

They make you pay an extra 5 quid if you pick it up in store, which they forget to tell people.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Um, so either have it delivered and pay ~5quid or drive down there and pay 5 quid extra. That's pretty lame :\

Thanks for pointing that out, I guess I'll just get it sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom