Online albums...

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Having owned an F707 for a couple of years, and now the rather awesome Canon EOS 300D I've accumulated a few gigabytes of digital shots to say the least.

I'm just wondering if there are any reputable sites out there which will host albums of your work, I'm tempted to put some on Deviantart but I'm also a bit worried about having material stolen or even worse ending up hosting images with a site who inadvertently claim rights over the imagery once uploaded.

As we've got very limited space here on FH I don't fancy attaching full shots from my canon, in fact a 6MP TIFF converted directly from the RAW format is around 36Mb, so in short, I can't!

Any ideas, anyone?

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Xavier said:
Having owned an F707 for a couple of years, and now the rather awesome Canon EOS 300D I've accumulated a few gigabytes of digital shots to say the least.

I'm just wondering if there are any reputable sites out there which will host albums of your work, I'm tempted to put some on Deviantart but I'm also a bit worried about having material stolen or even worse ending up hosting images with a site who inadvertently claim rights over the imagery once uploaded.

As we've got very limited space here on FH I don't fancy attaching full shots from my canon, in fact a 6MP TIFF converted directly from the RAW format is around 36Mb, so in short, I can't!

Any ideas, anyone?

I use
this for my printing and they do public albums as well. Not used them myself for public albums but any other service ive had from them has been good.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Rubric said:
I use
this for my printing and they do public albums as well. Not used them myself for public albums but any other service ive had from them has been good.
Not quite what I'm after, but thanks - I'm not really one for processing my digital shots either.

Think I'll pitch the question to the rabble over at DPReview :)

Rubric

Part of the furniture
How you finding that EOS300D.

I want one of them bad but theres no way i can afford one at the moment. I got an EOS3000 35mm which was my first camera and i got a FinepixS304 as my digi. Wish id never brought that though been real disapointed with it.
What did you get with you EOS and how did it set you back?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Rubric said:
How you finding that EOS300D.

I want one of them bad but theres no way i can afford one at the moment. I got an EOS3000 35mm which was my first camera and i got a FinepixS304 as my digi. Wish id never brought that though been real disapointed with it.
What did you get with you EOS and how did it set you back?
I got the EOS about a month, maybe 6 weeks ago.

So far I've bought:

EOS300D Kit (+18-51mm EF-S series lens)
28-135mm EF series lens with Image Stabilisation (rox!) (Canon)
52mm Lens Hood for 28-135mm EF IS lens
50mm f1.8 prime lens (Canon)
550ex Speedlite flash gun (Canon)
Stofen Omni-Bounce OM-EZ
1Gb IBM Microdrive
256Mb Sandisk Compactflash 40x

and a Lowepro bag...

all of which has cost around £2k

and I'm planning to buy in the not too distant future:

Battery Grip
Filters
70-200mm L series f4 zoom lens

amongst other bits.

At first I found myself going back to the 707 for any macro work I was doing (check http://www.tecnation.co.uk/article.php?id=51 for examples of the 707's output, I shot all of those myself) as the 300D onboard flash is terrible, in the end Bym convinced me to sell the Sony (got to love eBay, we made a killing, enough to pay for the IS lens above).

With only the Canon I was forced to sort my skillz (and kit) out, and after buying the 2 lenses and flash I feel I've got a setup capable of handling everything except maybe the long-range wildlife photography we're planning for the spring.

I'm glad I got the kit with the lens (it's available as a body-only option too) as it let me get straight into using the camera, and the £70-90 difference is well worth it for a lens which will cost you £300 or thereabouts. It's one of the widest-angle lenses you'll find, 18mm might sound too shallow but remember that in 35mm terms you have to consider a 1.6x factor, bringing it up to 29mm effective.

I'd get the IS and prime lense if you're considering the 300D, they really round the bundle off nicely, the prime is a bargain at around £80 for a fixed focal length f1.8 and the IS will let you take sharp shots in some really dodgy conditions.

eep, gotta scoot out, will post more when I return :)

Xav

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I got some lenses that will fit it from my EOS 3000 to start with. I'm looking for a decently priced bundle that comes with that lens your talking about and maybe a microdrive as well. How does it do on batteries? And also when your taking shots do you still get much of a delay as i do with my S304 or is it like using film?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
best thing you can do is read this - Phil Askey did a really nice review of the camera a couple of months ago.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Xavier said:
best thing you can do is read this - Phil Askey did a really nice review of the camera a couple of months ago.

Thanks. That will give me something to read at work today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom