News One NHS G.P. is earning £475,000 a year!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
This is pure insanity, how can a bog standard G.P. be earning over 20 times the national average wage??!!?!

BBC News - 9,000 in public sector get more pay than prime minister

As most of you know I am very much against some of the drastic cuts the new government are planning to introduce but this is one area where I would back them 100%. No public sector worker, no matter at what level should be earning that kind of money, I don't care how many hours per day they put in or how skilled they are. It is utter madness and can you imagine the index linked pension we are going to have to pay these people once they retire??

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Like I said in the other thread. They don't need to slash staff, they need to slash costs. This being a fine example of wastage.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Like I said in the other thread. They don't need to slash staff, they need to slash costs. This being a fine example of wastage.

That wage would take an average call centre worker 40 years of work to earn, it is utterly barmy and yes it is the perfect example of wastage from the public purse. They could employ 20 nurses for what it costs for that single doctor, hopefully someone is going to put a stop to this rampant abuse.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Taken from the BBC website, and fuck me.. 38,000 people on over 100k/year.

PUBLIC SECTOR SALARIES

38,045 earn over £100,000
1,000 earn over £200,000
9,187 earn more than PM
10 GPs earn over £300,000
1 GP in Hillingdon PCT earns £475,000
17 teachers earn more than PM
331 BBC managers earn more than £100,000
362 local council employees earn more than PM

ileks

Part of the furniture
Not exactly surprising is it. Bob Crow and the likes will still be going on about "bankers bonuses!" non stop however (even tho that **** earns about 100k a year).

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Not exactly surprising is it. Bob Crow and the likes will still be going on about "bankers bonuses!" non stop however (even tho that **** earns about 100k a year).

You'll get no arguement from me on that point, the union leaders are scum as well. Without fail they all retire wealthy men with positions on quango's, MBE's and such plus occasionally they make the house of lords which is another big gravy train.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
This is a really difficult one, without knowing what their jobs entail or their skill sets then you cannot judge someone on salary alone.

You need a comparison with the private sector here, and while I am gobsmacked by some of those salaries, I'm not going to call for blood without proper justification.

You can't attract the best and brightest into any role if you aren't paying the going rate for that job. Why should people earn less because they aren't working in the private sector?

However the key bugbear for most in such a comparison will be that in the private sector people will get paid based on performance, and the recruitment of the company will be lead by need and performance. This clearly is not the case in the public sector, which in recent years has served as nothing more than a way to reduce un-employment figures.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Guys the cut should be in every salary at the politician class in Europe, in Spain is about the same shit, controllers gain too much but they want to focus on that instead on their own frikkin ridiculous salary (i.e. Marbella's townhall major earned 6.000€/month 5 years ago)

controllers salary

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Guys the cut should be in every salary at the politician class in Europe, in Spain is about the same shit, controllers gain too much but they want to focus on that instead on their own frikkin ridiculous salary (i.e. Marbella's townhall major earned 6.000€/month 5 years ago)

controllers salary

These aren't our politicians, the current government all took a 5% wage cut, and the size of parliment is still due to reduce by 10% -although I don't know what the timeframe for that is.

These are people working in the public sector, so doctors, people working for government departments and admin roles.

The pay of MP's is hardly unfair in England. These people for the most part could make much more money in the private sector. You have to be careful to not political roles un-attractive as a way to make a living, or you'll end up with even worse politicians than people seem to think we have now!

edit:// Just checked your link, I misunderstood your post as you said "politician class"

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
np, just politics earn too much speaking in general terms in the whole europe

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They really need to rethink the doctor. most get around 80-100 grand I think and to be honest that's about right for the responsibility, in fact you should get that for having to look up one fat old hairy woman's ass.
My Doctor actually has PC on his desk and Googles the problem, and I'm leaning over him showing the sites I looked at.
They are basically just filters for the hospitals, the Doc Martin 'expert on everything' is a fantasy, if your complaint is unusual and looks like something more ordinary he will miss it anyway.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
So many of these stories leaking out into the press atm, you would think that they were trying to get some justification for cutting the public sector down a lot without causing loads of strikes.......

oh wait.....

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So many of these stories leaking out into the press atm, you would think that they were trying to get some justification for cutting the public sector down a lot without causing loads of strikes.......

oh wait.....

So did you check the source of this story? It's a panorama documentary, with the figures obtained under freedom of information. So it's leaked political spin for the coalition from Labour loving auntie beeb is it?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So did you check the source of this story? It's a panorama documentary, with the figures obtained under freedom of information. So it's leaked political spin for the coalition from Labour loving auntie beeb is it?

Doesn't matter where it has come from, it needs fixing and I don't care who fixes it as long as someone does. I can see a couple of billion pounds in sensible cuts right away based off this report. Why should nurses take a pay freeze when these fuckers are earning more than most nurses earn in a decade?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Cho, we don't have any real facts except for their wages, see my first post.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Cut trident
Bring our troops home from Afganistan. The conflict is unwinnable & Al Quaeda will carry out attacks whether we're there or not
More doctors, nurses & beds. Don't care which country they come from. If they're competent & fully qualified, who cares if they're not english
More bobbies on the beat & cut out all the paperwork.
More money for schools.
Cap of £150K on public sector wages
Less middle management & beaurocracy which New Labour ushered in with Elf & Safety & the Nanny State
Massively overhaul & streamline the welfare system
Tax the rich more (IHT & IT)
Tax bank profits (CGT & CT)
Take everyone earning less than 10K a year out of tax

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If you throw in legalising, taxing and regulating drugs and prostitution I would vote for lamp :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If you throw in legalising, taxing and regulating drugs and prostitution I would vote for lamp :)

Me too, especially the bit about legalising coke and getting your cock sucked by prozzies! :D ;) :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
The problem with this country is that the people who know how to run it are all posting on internet forums.

Seriously, though, if that salary is correct it is completely barmy.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Do they give a full breakdown of the GP's earnings. Most GP's are now freelance and get paid based around fulfilling targets and patient list sizes.

"#Most UK general practitioners are independent contractors with the National Health Service. They own their own premises, hire their own staff, and supply general medical services.
#Remuneration is based mainly on capitation (ie, a payment dependent upon list size), supplemented by fees for certain specific services (eg, maternity care) and for achieving certain “target” levels of service (a complex system, although it only involves childhood vaccination and cervical cytology). Payments are also made for seniority and postgraduate education activities.
"

So he could well be raking in that amount but then have to cover the cost of the building and all ancillary staff. I doubt very much they will be taking home even half of that money as salary.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
the best part of it all is most of these doctors are underqualified peons that either bribed their way to a degree or bought it online.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I heard all doctors are them foreigners that you read about in the daily mail and they all sign on. Bloody cancer causing scroungers.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Looks reasonable enough to me. Tory I notice.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Blimey i'm really surprised how low those are, but there are only 12 sheep and a disgruntled farmer living in Rutland

Don't forget Albert the donkey, he works bloody hard and only gets paid a bag of carrots a week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom