Help One Month Mobile Contracts

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Just asking if anyone has one of these ? Do they automatically renew with the same options every month, or do you have to do something to keep them going, the specific provider I'm interested in is Vodafone.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
They keep going on a rolling basis, you have to give 30 days notice to cancel. You can change your options by giving notice, to take effect the next month.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
They keep going on a rolling basis, you have to give 30 days notice to cancel. You can change your options by giving notice, to take effect the next month.

Is it easy to change options (in effect change contract), if you stay with the same provider I assume there's no problem with keeping the same number, debit details, etc ?

How do people rate these type of contracts, is it better to have a short term one and get a new mobile elsewhere than get a long term contract and shiny new phone ?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I went for a 30 day rolling contract because I didn't like the idea of being locked to any contract for 18+ months. Turned out to be a very good decision too as T-Mobile, who I was with initially, turned out to have shit reception and slow data access. I moved after about a month and a half to O2.

Overall I think it'll probably work out more expensive if you go the 30 day route but I find it much safer all things considered.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As long as you're happy paying for a handset you'll have no issues.

I've moved my iPhone to a 1 month £20 tariff and everything is spinky but I know if I want an upgrade going forward it will require signing my life away for X months (if not years).

Aada

Part of the furniture
As long as you're happy paying for a handset you'll have no issues.

I've moved my iPhone to a 1 month £20 tariff and everything is spinky but I know if I want an upgrade going forward it will require signing my life away for X months (if not years).

Yup i quite like the fact i bought my iphone outright and i'm not tied down but for future phones would i do the same again? Not sure shelling out half a grand wasn't pretty but at the same time mobile phone companys are trying to tie people into 24 month contracts these days and it pisses me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom