Help one for the networkers on the board

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
small office connects to my firm via BT broadband internet and vpn (getting a 10.x.x.x) network ip range

the computers and 2 printers are connected into the BT business broadband box and are dhcp assigned a 192.168.x.x range, problem is the users cant print unless they drop the vpn connection

printers are HP so have jet direct cards in them.

basically i need to work out how to get both computers talking to both printers whilst the computers are still connected via vpn.

the traffic goes up the 10.x.x.x network atm instead of the 192.168.x.x network

if i just had one printer and one pc i would add the printer locally and that would work but there are a few pc's

any ideas ?

Kryten

Old Cow.
add a second IP in the same 192 range for the VPN connection.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bridge the network connections if it's Doze?

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Add a static route so all 192.x.x.x traffic goes to the 192.x.x.x defaut gateway and any other traffic goes to the vpn Or ask who ever in charge of the vn to enable split tunneling so local lan traffic stays local.

Route Add 192.168.X.x Mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.X.x Metric 2 If Y

do a "route print" and find the number for your local interface. change Y to that number or use the IP number for the local interface(think that works, been a while).

Next if its not there.

Route Add 0.0.0.0 Mask 0.0.0.0 10.x.x.x Metric 4 If Z

Z is VPN interface number or IP.

This should keep local traffic local and all other traffic should go via vpn.

Could change this so only traffic for 10.x.x.x network goes via vpn tunnel and all other traffic goes via local gateway. But not sure how you are required to accs inet. Some places require all but local traffic to go via vpn, if they don't. then add a static route for 10.0.0.0 to go down tunnel and 0.0.0.0 to go to local gateway.

Edit: Will have to add static route on all machines. Write a script if its loads.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
they wont turn split tunelling on so i am trying to get a wlan router thing thats connected to the vpn and we can then route all port 9100 traffic to the local network

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom