One for the maths bods

S

specialdave

Hi

I was wondering, does anyone know if there is a way of working out if you are maxing your exp cap on a pull? I guess what I am after is either some equation or a list of the max exp acheivable per lvl (probably ignoring additional factors such as camp and grp bonuses).

What I am trying to see is when pl'ing a toon if I could be doing it more efficiently, eg will he get more exp if i hunt higher lvl mobs or will his be capped due to the large gap in lvls between 2 chars.

Thanks

E

eben

http://www.daocweave.com/daoc/general/experience_table.htm

I'm not sure how accurate this is with the XP changes in a recent patch for levels 35-50.

I *think* solo exp is capped at the xp of an orange con one level above your level.

For example suppose you are lvl 10. You will need 256,000 XP to ding. You can do high yellows (lvl 10 mobs) worth 5,120 XP, ie 50 yellows (ignoring camp bonus), or you can try low oranges (lvl 11) worth 7,240 XP meaning 36 mobs. The cap per mob is 7,240 XP in this case.

I tested this at lower levels and it seemed fine.

Perhaps someone can confirm my comments.

You can also work out an enemy player level using this if you solo them.

A

**Aligro**

time in combat with a mob definately affect the amount of xp- i.e more time= more xp..

i found that i got my cap at 50 of 77 mill or summat on a yellow con mob when i killed it after engaging for 5 minutes

A

Archeon

if you pull a mob and you get lots of XP, then pull a higher mob and get the same ammount of XP thats your cap. Sorted, who needs mathamatics :)

S

Solarius

Bear in mind though that if you are hitting cap (and not getting pl'd), downtime will be pretty high, since cap is usually orange to red mobs. Also, danger is that much greater. Better usually to get an easy (blue) camp where mobs are weak to your armour and your damage is strong to them, then chain pull 'em!

{edit} corrections

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom