new quests

bit of eye-candy that's about it sort off

bad :
stealth-bug still in
RP-bug still in
Quests are ... don't really deserve the name 'Quest'
lag ? business as usual ... still there
and of course did they nerf Doublefrost again :rolleyes:

overall bit disappointed about this patch ...

what's do you think about SI ?

D

Diddyman

I cant even play the fooker.

Cant even register the fuking thing, been trying on and off for 3 fuking hours now

So far I think its pretty fuking shite

The following is now permantly etched on my brain:

Dark Age of Camelot subscription

The registration page is momentarily unavailable, please try again in a few minutes.

We are sorry for the inconvenience

Like fuk are they, they must foreseen extra volume of traffic and done feck all about it.

Diddy
A very fuked off person
GOA/Mythic = Wankers

D

Diddyman

Oh if anyone hasnt realised I'm pretty fecked off at the moment :)

A

Ardrias_Mid

It would be good if all these fuckers pleveling their alts with their buffbots would sod off and die. kthx

F

farathorn_nexus

I think SI is really awesome! Like Hellskor said it has it´s downsides with some bugs and other not completly satisfying stuff but that always tend to follow along new patches and programs unfortunately. It will probably get sorted out as time goes.

The good sides are the stunning enviroments, the new beautiful graphics and areas. I must say it was a total rush to just travel around in the new areas and just look at all the new stuff. SI definitelly got my motivation for DAoC alot higher right away!

O

old.mattshanes

The best pc add on i have played so far it's awesome,love the music and the scenery,the new zones seem to be bigger than alb itself and they are a nice challenge.

E

Elrond/Ruffting

Pretty crap all in all, though I haven't really explored the new zones yet. The graphics look worse, yes worse than before...it's probably because I have a gf2mx, fair enough I didn't expect any real improvement but it looks twice as bad as it did , textures are far more blurry and lack definition, colours are dull and bland, generally it looks like the old games I had on my first 3dfx card. The only good thing I can see from this patch is the fix of the memory leak and the IP nerf for assasins. With regards to SI, I'm most dissapointed.

R

Rathe.

Can't believe you guys are saying all this whilst playing a game that's about 2 months old on 2/3 year old technology and haven't visited the new zones yet :)

DAoC, a fairly fun game with a lot of issues
DAoC SI, prolly the best MMORPG I've played so far.

Go check out the new zones with their much more immersive and well thought out adventuring environments. Even just out of Caer Gothwaite and past Caifelle, the full scale NPC war that's going on with the Drakoran, the NPC taking keeps and forts, the raiding parties in the camps actually sieging the avalonian strongholds. If you really want some fun, grab a full group and go adventuring, don't use a map, wander around, get yourself lost and have to fight your way out of it. :) oh, and 1.59 fixes a shedload of stuff that isn't in the patch notes, I'm guessing they don't like admitting that their patch version was riddled with bugs :/

K

klavrynd

and of course did they nerf Doublefrost again

what the hell?
what the fuck?
wtf?
what the fukk?
vaddelfugg?

nono seriously, please do explain

S

Slinker

My two pet hates so far

1 the crappy Diablo music
2 the crappy Diablo item generator

Fed up of finding unique magical items with bonuses , but no stats , apart from that very nice , I'm sure its a bit choppy though .

T

Tiwaz

Well, the so called ambient 'music' got annoying after an hour, and the water effect looks a bit out of place. So these things has been disabled on my computer:)

The new zones are awesome however. Doesn't look at all like the rest of Midgård. At least not the ones I got to see yesterday:)

All in all, I'm a happy Midgardian:D

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by klavrynd

what the hell?
what the fuck?
wtf?
what the fukk?
vaddelfugg?

nono seriously, please do explain

Take a close look on how much Endurance you use per Doublefrost... it's more now.

First few RvR fights I thought I had sprint on or something, tried it on some mobs. Think it's more, the endurance drain is crazy.

S

Svartur

Si might be good. GOAs way to handle it is way worse.

I have had the game for 2 days and still havnt been able to activate my SI on their site. Not like I refresh the site all day cause I dont.

Tried 09:00 pm CET from my work. Still down.

GOA sux monkey azZz. ;)

C

Cush

Works like a charm for me. Only down point was the 30 min waiting to get to register the SI acc. Else then that been no problems at all.

M

monkeynutter

just playing normal chars things didnt look that much different apart from things like the water when going to camelot. but when going to new zone with new char thats when i think it looked more different since its new stuff from the start. what i thought was strange was amount of people that had the new chars running around mithra and camelot area.
Still had a little lag in camelot but nothing compared to old version,new spell effects look pretty good and fit the new chars from what little ive seen of them. I got lucky and was able to activate mine last nigth after trying for ages and ages.
who ever had bright idea that you should activate the game on a web site should be put in stone henge for 300 years. If you have a cd key anyway why not just use that when you install in first place and then not have the 3000 odd fed up players trying to play the game.

Also was good to see people helping when i was totaly lost with
my little necro on what the hell i was meant to do.

N

naetha

Overall I think its OK, not as good as I'd hoped because my gfx card falls over every time I look at more than 3 people or try to tun around in Cam :(
New areas seem good, although would have been better if they weren't pretty much restricted to 50+ groups. Would be nice to have another couple of level 20-40 dungeons maybe than three level 50+ ones.
New chars are OK, nothing amazing.
Nah generally not impressed, patch itself was better overall, and I have to go back to using my old client anyway if I want to be able to craft in Cam.

Nae

S

Shike

I took the opportunity to start all over again in new SIzones with a zerker and so far i really like it, nice looking mobs, lots of eyecandy, better sounds and so on. Cant complain really, it took a while to activate it for sure, but what can one expect when thousands of people want to access the same service at once? To expect immediate service and get pissed off because it doesnt work... well, let me put it this way, come down to earth please ;)

All in all, I'm happy with SI. And yes, I am happy with GoAs handeling of it, it took me several hours to activate, but I dont complain.

Elrond, I think that blurriness you have is some sort of bug or driverrelated, I have the same problem with a highendPC.

O

old.ivan

All in all SI is a typical add-on, which will be fed to us one at a time ala EQ. But as long as the game IS actually improveing im ready to spent my money on that.

- Improved Engine = less lag at keep takes/defense which is prety much all the RvR i do, thus this alone is a great motivator.

- New zone and additional quests = not a questor myself, but still would be interesting to explore a well-planned zone.

- Race + 2 Classes = would rather see more classes than races tbh, as it does get annoying when only necros and reavers running about, would also love to see a heal/CC class in Albion for example <both skills not as good as primary Healers/CCers ie Cleric and Sorc>, as it would greatly improve current RvR groups.

.... what would also be good is if they finally introduced 'capital' punishment for 3rd party program users ....

Can give SI a 7/10 by my standards.

S

SilverHood

we get to start a whole new char with a whole new race!

Then we get to do the whole leveling threadmill again, but with eye candy!

:puke:

R

Rathe.

The new zones cater from level 1 onwards, it's not just for level 50's :rolleyes:

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I like it so far.

Nice new zone with some fun mobs.

And nice diablo music ;)

And I must say I love the necro, really fun class.

So all in all Im happy with SI so far.

R

Rathe.

Originally posted by SilverHood
we get to start a whole new char with a whole new race!

Then we get to do the whole leveling threadmill again, but with eye candy!

:puke:

feh, well I see ya point, but for anyone who was expecting a fundamental overhaul in game mechanics, I'm not sure why you were pinning your hopes on an expansion pack :)

Imo, SI is how they shoulda done the original, much more interactive well thought out areas. especially the higher level zones, in the SI realms :D. I can see how the whole concept of the game could be real tired by now for those who've played it non-stop since release :) short of a new game I'm not sure how they could get around that now. I kinda like the expansion :)

Tbh the thing that got me most interested in it, was playing on Gaheris, I had to give up my RvR for a bit, but having the game suddenly get 6 times bigger, and not having to be worried about getting pWn3d by bored highlevellers on Camlann while I'm levelling is great. It's nice being able to constantly move your XP group around and not even have to repeat an area for days. :) c'mon GOA, bring on the carebear server :p

Users who are viewing this thread