On the cluster...

Poox

Loyal Freddie
When the server's cluster.. will people from Excalibur ever be able to join guilds from Prydwen?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I take it from that they they cannot join Alliances either.

What about BG's and CG's? Presume the answer is yes so some co-ordinated attacks can take place

Poox

Loyal Freddie
Why can't they join guilds from the other server? it's supposed to be a cluster, not a short dance together.. its stupid.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
No.
Guess it's because of database problems, like duplicate names in the same guild and so on.

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
Poox said:
Why can't they join guilds from the other server? it's supposed to be a cluster, not a short dance together.. its stupid.

It's because it's a cluster and not a merge. And they want to be able to break the cluster if they feel like it.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
dont see how people cant grasp that there will still be a prydwen and a excalibur server, just that some zones will be shared

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
Bag said:
It's because it's a cluster and not a merge. And they want to be able to break the cluster if they feel like it.

cluster is prema i believe. When servers are clustered, they can never be seperated again. Xalin wrote this ages ago, or was it Req

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Wilburn said:
cluster is prema i believe. When servers are clustered, they can never be seperated again. Xalin wrote this ages ago, or was it Req

Mythic have said they have made something in case deblustering is required

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
Wilburn said:

I don't know if GOA screw things but as far as Mythic...

Mythic said:
Q: Is de-clustering something that Mythic has planned for?

A: Yep. That's why servers aren't merged, but rather, clustered. If the situation called for it, we could break them back apart without more than a day of downtime. Some of the changes we're currently discussing (in response to feedback asking for some player-friendly features on the clusters) might make breaking the clusters apart a little more challenging, but it could still be done.

Clicky

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom