OMG Response??

H

halgaard

copy/paste from daoc-europe Xcal news..

Excalibur downtime
[2004-5-01]

On Saturday evening we encountered some technical problems with Excalibur and Avalon. We met the same problems on Stonehenge a few weeks ago, and to prevent it from escalating the two servers were taken down on Saturday evening.

We are currently working on getting the servers back up and running normally. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this downtime may have caused, and the lack of information. The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.

Zargar

Wohooo Compensated... did goa build a time machine and plan to go back in time ?

WE DONT WANT FREE DAYS, WE WANT A FUCKING SERVER THAT WORKS!!!!

G

Galiryn

Originally posted by halgaard
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this downtime may have caused, and the lack of information. The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.

Thats just not good enough!

V

VodkaFairy

WHY was there a lack of information. why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why

give answers pls :x

O

old.yaruar

muppets...

they were dealing with the problem, fine.

however it would have taken 5 minutes of their time to just update the news section of the excalibur webisite.

the fact that they didn't is 100 percent unnaceptable.

F

- Fedaykin -

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
WHY was there a lack of information. why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why

give answers pls :x

i think VF is going mad :(

H

halgaard

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -

cant blame her.
She havent been able to login and eat any shrooms since saturday:)

V

VodkaFairy

nah :)

i can't play either way, server down or not

im just bored, and bw is suffering the consequences im affraid.

F

- Fedaykin -

nah :)

i can't play either way, server down or not

im just bored, and bw is suffering the consequences im affraid.

would you like a game of chess?

Knight to e4

your move

V

VodkaFairy

would you like a game of chess?

Knight to e4

your move

get sum website to play chess on

but cba doing it with numbers alone :)

F

- Fedaykin -

get sum website to play chess on

but cba doing it with numbers alone :)

i'm not actually bored enough to play online chess :/

just trying to think of more things to spam while i wait for servers. I suppose i could load up good old IRC but that would be tedious very soon

V

VodkaFairy

i'm not actually bored enough to play online chess :/

just trying to think of more things to spam while i wait for servers. I suppose i could load up good old IRC but that would be tedious very soon

bah :p

i havn't played chess in ages , itd be fun to see if i can still play well oO

A

Asq

The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.
Like there are just UK players on excal. I think the stress is getting to them.

S

'Shy

copy/paste from daoc-europe Xcal news..

Excalibur downtime
[2004-5-01]

On Saturday evening we encountered some technical problems with Excalibur and Avalon. We met the same problems on Stonehenge a few weeks ago, and to prevent it from escalating the two servers were taken down on Saturday evening.

We are currently working on getting the servers back up and running normally. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this downtime may have caused, and the lack of information. The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.

Zargar

Huh?? So they knew about it all along ffs?!!

R

rose

Thats bullshit they didnt know about this all along.

They have just found out this morning when they turned up for work. Dont believe what they write on their website, they are just saying this so you dont know that they have done sweet FA over the weekend. Anyone who believes this is a fool.

GOA have done f**k all.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by rose
Thats bullshit they didnt know about this all along.

They have just found out this morning when they turned up for work. Dont believe what they write on their website, they are just saying this so you dont know that they have done sweet FA over the weekend. Anyone who believes this is a fool.

GOA have done f**k all.
by all accounts they were updating about the german server avalon over the weekend which was having the same problem (and coincidently was updated at the same time as excalibur a few weeks ago)

coincidence.... I doubt it.

F

freakyphil

The statement GOA have made regarding the Excalibur Server is frankly offensive to all players.
:eek:
I (like many others I suspect) was happily playing online until the early hours of Sunday morning. When I finally logged off there were roughly 100 non-anon Hibbies still playing....

HOW were we all still playing if the server was taken down on "Saturday Evening"!?!?!?

Why can they not simply admit they f*cked up? I think we would all have respected them (almost) if they had. Instead all GOA do now is p*ss us all off more as we KNOW they are lying...

And if they KNEW about the problem (as they claim) why the heck didn't they update us...

*grrrrrr* If there was a better mmorpg available I'd cancel my subscription to DOAC right now, I am that angry. :(

C

chronictank

all i can say is...
i cant wait for WoW to come out :p

S

'Shy

Originally posted by freakyphil
The statement GOA have made regarding the Excalibur Server is frankly offensive to all players.
:eek:
I (like many others I suspect) was happily playing online until the early hours of Sunday morning. When I finally logged off there were roughly 100 non-anon Hibbies still playing....

HOW were we all still playing if the server was taken down on "Saturday Evening"!?!?!?

Yerp, good point. I went LD a couple of times but managed to get back in. I finally logged properly about 1am but there were still some guildies online even then. Next morning, however, it told me my account was still logged in, even tho I'd quit properly. Some that went LD could at least go play on Prydwen.

G

gorff

Sorry my ass that cursory apology means less than nothing.If anyone here thinks for one moment that they were working on that over the weekend and it just happened to be done for Monday morning,they are kidding themselves.
The server probably shuts itself done after a number of repeated crashes and when they came in Monday morning they rebooted it.

Sorry not excepted in any way as your actions say it is far from sincerely meant.
I feel even more angry and offended than ever.

Y

yurka_polearm

Excalibur downtime
[2004-5-01]

On Saturday evening we encountered some technical problems with Excalibur and Avalon.

More like, the traffic on excal server was to high for our systems (but this isn't a free service so it SHOULD be able to handle it since it's what we are paying for)

We met the same problems on Stonehenge a few weeks ago,
Excuse ?! - Since where is the news saying of coming downtime to Excal server due to technical problems of the sort that affected Stonehenge ?!

and to prevent it from escalating the two servers were taken down on Saturday evening.
The servers were taken down , ermmm, where was the warning on the europe-camelot site...? where was the warning ingame with the normal you got 10 mins till server is taken down (but then take it down in 5 mins not 10 mins which ends up giving you an XP death). Or was it due to the fact a large scale RR took place, and your system crash/network failed because it couldn't handle it...

We are currently getting up and rebooting the servers, since we haven't looked at excal since 5:30 on Friday. We are so sorry we didn't even do an off site , website update telling our paying customers of the loss of service and that it should be back up when we can be arsed.

Ramble over, but tbh that post by them looks worse than a 3rd years "dog eat the hard drive" excuse ..

S

Sibanac

Re: Re: OMG Response??

Originally posted by Asq
Like there are just UK players on excal. I think the stress is getting to them.
maybe, just maybe, they mean players with chars on the english servers.

G

greenfingers

now it seems that Logres got the same "bug" ... strange ...

Mythic plz save us from the non-informing french GOA staff !!!

and I soooo agree with the go home @ 17.30 on Friday, and come back Monday, and w000ps servers are down :(

W

wichtel

Originally posted by yurka_polearm
where was the warning ingame with the normal you got 10 mins till server is taken down (but then take it down in 5 mins not 10 mins which ends up giving you an XP death).

Avalon got an ingame warning...

Wichtel

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by yurka_polearm
The servers were taken down , ermmm, where was the warning on the europe-camelot site...? where was the warning ingame with the normal you got 10 mins till server is taken down (but then take it down in 5 mins not 10 mins which ends up giving you an XP death). Or was it due to the fact a large scale RR took place, and your system crash/network failed because it couldn't handle it...
There was a warning message... but everyone had gone LD, due to the other network issues, at the time it was displayed! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by chronictank
all i can say is...
i cant wait for WoW to come out :p
WoW has been waaaaay over-hyped and everyone is going to be very dissapointed...

S

svartmetall

Yep, another insultingly inadequate slap in the face from the people we pay money to.

Slipknot got the title of that song wrong, it was actually called "GOA = SHIT".

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by alithiel50
WoW has been waaaaay over-hyped and everyone is going to be very dissapointed...
I reckon it'll be just the same as it was with SW:G...everyone and their dog going "I'm off to SW:G it will own DAOC so much" and then they're back here 3 weeks later.

The degree to which GOA suck ass does not take away from the fact that DAOC is still a damn good MMORPG.

N

-Nxs-

The best thing you can do here is simply walk.

GOA (as a company) have proved time and time again they are unable to run the Euro DAOC servers, the only language they understand is money so you're gona have to bite the addiction and QUIT ! or start afresh on the USA servers

Moaning here, and posting the odd Rightnow call or email to Mythic will result in nothing, this has been proved many times before.

Sorry, but GOA aint gona change, if you want resonable service for your money, ya gona have to play and pay elsewhere.

I

influenza

Looks like all theyve did is translated the warning that was on the german site and added the word Excalibur to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom