Omg Alb Loving!!!!111

T

Tilda

SPELL NOTES

We've taken a long look at Albion's spellcasting classes with an eye towards making them more functional, as well as more fun to play. These changes are now up for testing, please let us know what you think.

Cleric Changes

- The Smite spec Holy Anger line has had its range increased to 1500 and casting time reduced to 3 seconds.

- The Smite baseline stun (Stunning Flash line) has had its range increased to 1350.

Theurgist Changes

- Theurgist elementals can no longer be rooted or mezzed.

- Theurgist Confusing Gust line has had its radius raised to 350.

- Increased range of Theurgist summons to 2000.

Wizard Changes

- Reduced casting time of Burst of Steam line to 2.5 seconds, which matches the Spiritmaster and Enchanter PBAE cast times.

Friar Changes

- Increased duration of all Friar self buffs to 15 minutes.

Sorcerer/Cabalist Changes

- Increased value on L48 self shield Nullify Offense to 250.

Sorcerer Changes

- Sorcerers can now charm any monster type. This should strengthen their Mind spec considerably, and facilitate better charming in dungeons (where many monsters are undead).

- Added Minion Control to the Sorcerer RA list.

- Increased radius of Fog, Blanket and Cloud of Senility to 350.

- Added a power regen buff to Mind spec list so that all three realms have a version of this spell:

5 Comprehension of Power
15 Perception of Power
26 Perspicuity of Power
36 Cognition of Power
46 Lucidity of Power

- Instead of adding more crowd control to any realm, Sorcerers are getting two new ways of dealing with crowd control.

1) Added a self mez-duration reduction buff to Mind Spec.

16 Shield Mind
27 Harden Mind
35 Steel Mind
45 Invulnerable Mind

2) Added group mez-duration reduction chant to Mind Spec.

29 Solidarity of Mind
39 Unity of Mind
49 Brotherhood of the Mind

General Magic Changes

- Increased duration of all self-only buffs that had 10 minute timers to 15 minutes.

- Fixed a delve bug that affected the "cast time" print. Spells with fractional cast times were truncating the fractional component, so spells with 2.5 second cast times (for example) were listed as 2 seconds. Unless noted elsewhere in the patch notes, no cast times actually changed, they just print correctly now. Please note that spells on the Camelot Herald have always included the fractions of a second; it is only the delve print function that is being updated.

========================================

Well i know im impressed, it seams an impressive un-nerf. :)

Tilda

A

Apathy

Tilda, you so TOTALLY made this up! STOP LYING!

But if it's true...I'll have to respec to full mind...oh my God.

I'll actually be a PROPER SORCERER!

I hate you, Mythic.

a.

S

Speedo^

And mincers doesnt get anything new !!

Bah, Bah and Bah

(Bah!)

B

belth

Originally posted by Speedo^
And mincers doesnt get anything new !!

Bah, Bah and Bah

(Bah!)

Instead you lose some of what you had. Now you're just speeders.

GREAT GOING MYTHIC, LIKE MINSTRELS NEEDED THAT! FFS.

O

old.Fangrim

Since I started playing I have been praying...

Please... GOD-Umm-GOA... Please spray some lovin' on theurgs...

And it finally came true!

Now I might bring Fang out of the drawer and dust him off...

A

Apathy

Mind you, whilst it makes sorcerers stronger in RvR...not all sorcerers are created as lvl 50. :p

It will make them a little less versatile PvE if they spec mind...shoddy nukes, less debuffs, no AoE root. But I expect the pets will even that out a bit.

Charming giants! Hohoho.

a.

J

Jiggs

i'm actually crying

w00t FEAR US YOU HIB SCUM

A

Apathy

If it genuinely happens and isn't nerfed into oblivion by the time it goes live, I will be going full mind. :D

Will miss my DD nuke (For 171(-280).), my AoE root (Constant resists.), my resist debuffs (Never enough time, really.), low variance on life taps (I actually will miss that. Grrr.).

But constant power song 5! Instant mezzes that last 5 seconds! MASSIVE pets that will clog screens all over the server! Amazing mezzes!

As a sorcerer, I already rocked but now EVERY sorcerer can rock thanks to Mythic. :D

a.

S

stinkie

theurgists can now spam pets at longer range than Bolts!!!

I take everything back I LOVE MYTHIC !!!

This is going to be so much fun I cant wait for us to get this patch. I've read this thread, the herald and vnboards and still cant get the insane grin off my face.

hmmm wonder how long a range ice pet nukes will have ? could be fun finding out.

p.s NERF OUTLAW :p

A

Aule Valar

/em bows to mythic and kisses their toes
thankyou oh great gods
its been a long time coming, but finially some love for the alb casters, although the therug should get the mana regen :p after all theres gotta be something to whine about even in the most uber patch ever :D

O

old.Odysseus

Anyone fancy starting a mincer now?
They have been royally butt****** by that power regen buff.

Other than that:
YAY YAY YAY!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

A

Apathy

Number of non-50 minstrels - 775

Number of non-50 sorcerers - 445

Only butt-humping of minstrels is that they can't just slap on PS and go AFK. They will have to DO something. And the chances are groups will get a minst since there are more of them around.

a.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
Tilda, you so TOTALLY made this up! STOP LYING!

But if it's true...I'll have to respec to full mind...oh my God.

I'll actually be a PROPER SORCERER!

I hate you, Mythic.

a.

Mind me: The next step is to give sorcs the ability to 'remember' mobs and they can summon them at any time (solves the zoning-problem and you can bring any pet you want). Probably at some cost of your manapool.

Not that I know anything about it, ofcourse :)

T

Tilda

im considering starting a Sorc alt just to go on a keep take with a sailsbury giant. :)

Tilda

A

Aule Valar

they think they have nasty archers and tanks, take them granite pounders and outlookers to rvr
ooh and charming stealth mobs like beans and cyhraeth ought to be naughtily fun, think i'll be starting a sorc then
oh, pity they don't mention if this can be done at any lvl, or just comes with the higest lvl charm, though i assume its all levels from the wording :)

T

Tiarta

Originally posted by Tilda
im considering starting a Sorc alt just to go on a keep take with a sailsbury giant. :)

Tilda

/em gonna bring a cyhraeth for those filthy mids and hibs invading our keeps :D

S

Simius

This has to be one of the following

a) Mythic are working with GoA to ensure that this patch will go live in Europe on 1st April

b) Someone hacked the herald

c) I suddenly forgot how to read, and instantly relearnt but with the completely wrong words, so the patch should read "more love to hib".

d) I died and went to some kind of sorc heaven where we get lovin'.

---

Finally some proper mind spells for the mind spec.... bagsie first spot in the dragon raid for the respec orb. To be serious, if alb wants to now see it's full CC protection realised then it finally has a chance, making the sorc almost unmezzable rather than adding instas is a fantastic way to go about it, as for power song, I would have hoped but never actually thought we'd get it. Of course it has yet to go live, but mythic dont just pull entire spell lines from chars do they?

This has seemingly pissed minstrels off no end, and understandably, the only thing they really offer a group now is speed and the occasional stun. This is why i think that by the time 1.59 goes live, either the sorcs will have their goodies taken away (please no for the love of alb), or mincers will get a nice big bonus in 1.59c/d/e.

So, if you want albion to turn the tide of the CC war, donate a respec orb to your local sorc today! (when they get introduced that is ;) )

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Simius

This has seemingly pissed minstrels off no end, and understandably, the only thing they really offer a group now is speed and the occasional stun. This is why i think that by the time 1.59 goes live, either the sorcs will have their goodies taken away (please no for the love of alb), or mincers will get a nice big bonus in 1.59c/d/e.

So, if you want albion to turn the tide of the CC war, donate a respec orb to your local sorc today! (when they get introduced that is ;) )

Thats a load of crap imo, a mincer may not get groups like they used to in pve, woopdey doo, now they will be on a level with infs and scouts, they may actually have to do some work for their exp and learn how to play their char, is a very good change imo.

K

K0nah

well lets hope this is the "alb love" patch and more is to come. cos more is needed.

S

Simius

I'm not denying that there are far too many afk-mincers around, in fact far from it. Yes, maybe this patch will teach them to learn a little versatility, and that is good, but is does seem to me that giving another class the only completely unique spell minstrels had is a little harsh. Maybe the way forward is for mincers to get some good stun practice in, that and the fact they still have speed 5 ;)

V

vindicat0r

It should be interesting to say the least. Unmezzable tanks with Theurgs , a clint in ur eye , raising ther little mini zergs. yes good times ahead , at least now we have a chance to win :)

As for minstrels well yes its bad now that sorc can offer the same mana regain but there's not so many sorc's and I dont think there is going to be a huge influx of sorc's anyway so I wouldnt worry minstrels will still get grps.

O

old.Wildfire

I think it'll be interesting to see. The theory that alb should move away from mezzing and towards AE and DoT tactics may prove to work properly with these new spells (specifically PBAOE, AM and GAM (note: new acronyms for antimezz and group antimezz, you saw them here first :p)) and might just bring alb onto par.

Sorcs will of course still need purge and QC-mezz to get albs demezzed quickly, but albion's strength is almost undeniably going to be in being extremely difficult to use CC on.

K

kirennia

difficult to use CC on once every tank has the perfect gear and perfect group etc tho : /

The problems still here lie about lack of certain classes, wait for reactivating of a silly amount of smite clerics tho ;)

S

swords

yup 3 second cast time and increased range.....
Barrows will be swarming with them farming away......
i will be 50 by then (.em fingers X'ed) so it woulnt bother me too much :)

D

Deskiziado

It will balance minstrels and sorcs. now we start groups without sorcs, but we need minstrels always. with that patch we'll need minstrel or sorc or both, not only minstrels.

H

heath

My sorc hit a brick wall at about lvl 27...i think it is time i dusted him down a bit and statred to have a bit of fun !!!. Those Mids and Hibs just will not know what hit them..

For a long time i have wanted a Glacier Giant as a pet !!!.....who needs stairs for a keep raid now .....i can see the lord getting punched through the window !! (o:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom