News Omg a good american beer!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Bought a couple of bottles of Samuel Adams Boston Lager from Aldi as they have an American week on at the moment. I am quite shocked to say that it is actually quite bloody good! Light years ahead of the other American piss they have a cheek to call beer.

Anyone else tried it yet? At 99p for a 355ml bottle it isn't badly priced either and is miles better than most of the generic piss we call lager and sell in supermarkets in the U.K.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
It's a general misconception that american beers are all = Bud

To name a few.

Goose island, Flying dog, Three floyds, Brooklyn, AleSmith, Hoppin Frog, Dogfish Head

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You never see those over here though, just the generic shite which all taste the same, i.e. crap! :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
just need to look in the right places ;)
they are plentyfull in dk at least, and I'm sure they are gettable in the UK as well

Influenza

Part of the furniture
I saw them in Aldi today but didnt have much cash on me , ill get a few when im in on saturday , i like trying stuff i havent drank before.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
this is one of my current favorits,
it's got mal, it's got hops, and well balanced..thus also drinkable on it's own..
nothing big or massive, just really really pleasant.

harvest-ale.jpg

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
It's pretty good. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is worth a try but pricey. However, it's on offer at some Tescos, 4 quid for 3 atm (365ml bottles, 5.6% iirc). Yanks do have some decent beer, but it's not generally worth it here with fancy export ale prices and plenty of local stuff.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Yeah I've had it a few times. My Gf is from the states and she is obsessed with the sam adams "summer ale"

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It's pretty good. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is worth a try but pricey. However, it's on offer at some Tescos, 4 quid for 3 atm (365ml bottles, 5.6% iirc). Yanks do have some decent beer, but it's not generally worth it here with fancy export ale prices and plenty of local stuff.

Aldi or Lidl have the Nevada Pale Ale in atm as well, will have to grab some!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
sam adams was my regualr brew when i was in the USa was the best beer apart from the micro brewers i found :)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Sam adams is a pretty nice beer, but by far not the only good american beer. Try for instance Blue Moon if you get the chance. Really nice on a warm summer's evening :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Sam Adams is nice, as is the Graffenwelder from Lidl.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
i always thought goose island was a holiday resort

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom