TV Omfg, Twin Peaks returns!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
That's pretty damn awesome news. Twin Peaks was the first modern TV show and the start of the trend of movie directors and stars doing high quality television. The first season is still one of the best things ever to appear on the small screen.

It was also the only TV show to ever scare the absolute bejesus out of me :D That Lynch could sure do creepy.

More details: http://deadline.com/2014/10/twin-peaks-series-showtime-david-lynch-mark-frost-845804/

sayward

Resident Freddy
Didn't see it before so have been recording it. On SyFy HD.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Funny enough never watched twin peaks, but still knew about laura palmer :p

WAsn't a show for my age then and afterwards i just never took enough interest in it. Should relly load it all.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The last episode was truly weird. But this will never be anywhere near as good as the original.

Zarjazz

But this will never be anywhere near as good as the original.

Possibly. However with Lynch confirming he's directing all the new episodes, all the first season and that season 2 finale were by him, we are guaranteed something weird and wonderful and horrifying and beautiful. Typically all in the same scene.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yes but it was definately of its time. I don't think it would do as well now if it was starting.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
@Big G are you roughly 35ish?

I ask this because I missed the Twin Peak wagon but my wife was obsessed with it and she's younger than me (I started dating her when she was nine......no......still not ready for paedo jokes?).

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Aye, 34 to be exact - me and my mates had older brothers and sisters who were into things like Wild At Heart, Blue Velvet, Dune etc. so were naturally obsessed with anything David Lynch. When Twin Peaks came along, it fucking blew my mind, we were all obsessed with it and had frequent Tohtoriesque arguments about who BOB was. We couldn't wait for the next episode each week.

It wasn't just the murder mystery, it was the psychological bizarreness of Lynch's style tapping deep into our brains dealing with things like incest, rape, drugs, small town America, mental illness, ghosts and all the weirdness that came with that.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Aye, 34 to be exact - me and my mates had older brothers and sisters who were into things like Wild At Heart, Blue Velvet, Dune etc. so were naturally obsessed with anything David Lynch. When Twin Peaks came along, it fucking blew my mind, we were all obsessed with it and had frequent Tohtoriesque arguments about who BOB was. We couldn't wait for the next episode each week.

It wasn't just the murder mystery, it was the psychological bizarreness of Lynch's style tapping deep into our brains dealing with things like incest, rape, drugs, small town America, mental illness, ghosts and all the weirdness that came with that.
I just cannot get my head around Lynch's stuff, I may be too thick, I can't watch a film and treat it as a feeling like he wants, I just can't connect. Mulholland Drive hurt my everything :(

Zarjazz

... I just can't connect. Mulholland Drive hurt my everything :(

The thing about that one is that it's actually one of his more straight forward plots once you understand that
everything before she opens the box is her delusions about her being a great actress, her life is wonderful, her girl friend loves her. After that it shows her guilt ridden & suicidal over killing her girlfriend.
It's just the fact it's all wrapped up in his usual dark surrealist style.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Omgz00000r!!!!!!!

Just started re watching the original about 10 days ago. It's free on Amazon Instant if you have prime.

Loved the show first time round. Proper chuffed!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Might have to download it, I think I watched a couple of episodes but wasn't much into TV shows before being able to watch several episodes back to back in your own time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom