Help Old Xbox Questions.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I have dug out my old Xbox from the loft today and I want to use it as a media streamer from my main pc.

I have done a walkthrough but it didn't seem to *take* the files I FTP'd over. The walkthrough I did was a start to finish including the softmod and a linux type thing. I did none of that seeing as my Xbox is already modded with a chip.

I have Evo X dashboard on I think, or is that the chip, I dunno.

Anyway is there a program I can put onto disc, put in the Xbox and then load the files?

I have tried to play files from my PC using the dash I have on but it brings up no results, it does have the option there but finds no videos. Am I missing something here? My share folder is on my NAS is that the problem, do I have to somehow enable that for the Xbox somewhere?

This is the guide I used - http://www.productwiki.com/microsof...-xbox-to-xbox-media-center-in-30-minutes.html

Question 2, is there a component lead for the old Xbox, I have heard they can play stuff in HD through component?

Help appreciated.

Trem

Ok I have sussed it out now, fuck me its bloody great for streaming :D

I don't suppose the 360 video lead works on the old Xbox does it? I have one of those somewhere.

When I tried to play a HD file from my PC it stuttered like a bastard, is the CPU on the XBOX just not capable of playing HD stuff or is there something else causing this issue? It is a wired connection from the router to the XBOX and other consoles don't seem to have this problem.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
When I tried to play a HD file from my PC it stuttered like a bastard, is the CPU on the XBOX just not capable of playing HD stuff or is there something else causing this issue? It is a wired connection from the router to the XBOX and other consoles don't seem to have this problem.

Yup, its feeble celeron processor can't handle HD at all so not a lot you can do about that as far as I know.

Trem

Yup, its feeble celeron processor can't handle HD at all so not a lot you can do about that as far as I know.

Thats a shame tbh :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Trem do you not also have a ps3? Why not use that to stream?

Trem

Trem do you not also have a ps3? Why not use that to stream?

Yeah and I do and thats the daddy tbh but we have the PS3 in the front room which is the grown ups room (I aren't allowed in) and we have another telly in the back room which I wanted to stream stuff in for the boy to watch. But to be quite honest I just wanted to use the Xbox for something, it seemed a shame and at least now I can play my SNES emulator :D

nath

Fledgling Freddie
When I get my new tele I'll be getting my old sexbox going again and playing my Megadrive emu. Streets of Rage 2 motherfuckers!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
trem i have and old multi lead, ie takes 360,xbox,ps2 to one component socket you can have it for nowt just pm me yer addy

Trem

trem i have and old multi lead, ie takes 360,xbox,ps2 to one component socket you can have it for nowt just pm me yer addy

Wow cheers Yaka!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom