Old Threads

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know about that, my kills:solokills ratio is something within the region of 33000:80 which is 412.5 kills for every solo kill.

I'm actually quite proud of the ratio because over the years the solo "I have the moral high ground" players claim they are better players than me because they can kill one /level 20 by themselves rather than 1fg of /level 20s with 2-3 people.

In essence, LE and ME are all the same and neither can be achieved without farming RoG players.
like stated earlier, those rog players has to not-have-been-killed within 5 minutes? i think. & i can't remember anything of the game really, haven't played for too long, but i can tell that it's more of an archeivement to be able to kill players dependant on your own skill, than your mates skills. knowing that you have nobody to back you up & only yourself to blame for your own death makes it a thrill ;) hence i loved my BD, easymode. agreed. but it was fucking hilarious to kill 2-3fg's solo in a keep now and then.

Lucius

Banned
like stated earlier, those rog players has to not-have-been-killed within 5 minutes?

I think that is just for RPs, on chars I have played 'xxx has been killed recently and is worth no realm points' still registers as a solo kill on your title, just like it would register as an overall kill if you zerged it.

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
I think that is just for RPs, on chars I have played 'xxx has been killed recently and is worth no realm points' still registers as a solo kill on your title, just like it would register as an overall kill if you zerged it.
if the player has been killed recently, it doesnt count as a solo kill, nor does it give realm points. i remember that

Lucius

Banned
if the player has been killed recently, it doesnt count as a solo kill, nor does it give realm points. i remember that

Maybe so, but then the achievement of getting LE and ME is still greater for the latter I think. Getting 2000 kills, albeit solo, does not compare to getting 25000.

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe so, but then the achievement of getting LE and ME is still greater for the latter I think. Getting 2000 kills, albeit solo, does not compare to getting 25000.
by the time you reach 2000 solo, you'll have reached 25000 overall kills on any visible class rly.

Lucius

Banned
by the time you reach 2000 solo, you'll have reached 25000 overall kills on any visible class rly.

Visible class is the key here. I know 2 people (probably more) on Glamorgan with LE who have about 5k kills each, they are both stealthers (a Ranger and a Nightshade).

I don't think your judgement is fair though. It varies enormously between players. As you know, I only have 80 solo kills and about 33000 overall kills so I guess I deviate a bit from the norm.

There are many factors that determine if, and if so then in what manner, a player will reach LE. A common misconception between players is that people are put off LE because it is harder to get. If anything, ME is harder to get than LE rather than vice-versa, and considering there are more LEs than MEs in Thidranki I would say the assumption is reasonible.

The many factors that determine whether a player gets LE; playstyle, type of action, perseverance, etc. Notice how these factors also determine whether someone gets ME. However, when you translate between LE and ME, these factors, I believe, increase tenfold.

You want my opinion? Probably not. I still think ME is more of an achievement.

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
Visible class is the key here. I know 2 people (probably more) on Glamorgan with LE who have about 5k kills each, they are both stealthers (a Ranger and a Nightshade).

I don't think your judgement is fair though. It varies enormously between players. As you know, I only have 80 solo kills and about 33000 overall kills so I guess I deviate a bit from the norm.

There are many factors that determine if, and if so then in what manner, a player will reach LE. A common misconception between players is that people are put off LE because it is harder to get. If anything, ME is harder to get than LE rather than vice-versa, and considering there are more LEs than MEs in Thidranki I would say the assumption is reasonible.

The many factors that determine whether a player gets LE; playstyle, type of action, perseverance, etc. Notice how these factors also determine whether someone gets ME. However, when you translate between LE and ME, these factors, I believe, increase tenfold.

You want my opinion? Probably not. I still think ME is more of an achievement.
thing about ME and LE, you gotta be twinked out if you wana be able to solo and walk around get loads of kills, we all remember our good theurgist friend Icecute who used to camp CK all day on Dyvet. he reached Bane of Hibernia & wore rog armor & did just fine, but he also zerged all day long, if he had to solo and wanted to get lone enforcer, he'd have to work on his skills and pull some decent gear together.

Lucius

Banned
thing about ME and LE, you gotta be twinked out if you wana be able to solo and walk around get loads of kills, we all remember our good theurgist friend Icecute who used to camp CK all day on Dyvet. he reached Bane of Hibernia & wore rog armor & did just fine, but he also zerged all day long, if he had to solo and wanted to get lone enforcer, he'd have to work on his skills and pull some decent gear together.

I think that for LE the main factors are skill and template, for ME the main factor is perseverance.

Which one is harder to accomplish is purely based on the player.

gohan

FH is my second home
i personaly think LE is harder as u have no control over other people adding on your fights, so need to pick your fights carefully ect, also if i just killed some1 and then they run back down from mpk i know thier worth nothing so i leave them 90% of the time, whereas u can still kill them for DB and kills

probly both take the same amount of time really, as ME in your grp u can kill like 5-6-7 while i kill 1

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
I think that for LE the main factors are skill and template, for ME the main factor is perseverance.

well, your right, it's just 2000 kills. but the add ratio in the battlegrounds = insane, real rvr, it'd be pretty much impossible to get LE for any visible class. + it takes time to get LE aswell, i know that, i hunted both, & i can tell you since i wear both titles, and both gained in the battlegrounds. LE is harder than ME ;)

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
true, depends mostly on the class your playing & the players you play with, if you run a fully set up guild group in thidranki killing 1000+ people a day, it's less than a month to get your damn title, but if your a shadowblade hunting ME. then i'd wish you damn good luck ;p

Lucius

Banned
i personaly think LE is harder as u have no control over other people adding on your fights, so need to pick your fights carefully ect, also if i just killed some1 and then they run back down from mpk i know thier worth nothing so i leave them 90% of the time, whereas u can still kill them for DB and kills

probly both take the same amount of time really, as ME in your grp u can kill like 5-6-7 while i kill 1

It very much depends on the server.

Even on the juggernaut that is Glamorgan I would say ME is still harder to get than LE. There is always enough action for solo kills but if there is little action and there are just stealthers around then they will avoid you if you are running a group.

Don't forget x12.5 more kills are needed for ME than LE and I would definatly say that a good solo char can kill more than 1 character in the time it takes a group to kill 12-13 (especially if you ran in groups of only 3-5 like me).

LE may be harder to get in the sense that you have more obstacles out of your control (for example if they have been killed recently or adds), I see where you are coming from. However, I'm saying that in terms of actually killing people - LE is much, much easier. In my case, I was in groups of 3-5 cleaning zergs and the occasional small group. Take some of the solo players on Glamorgan, all they had to do was 1vs1 - and when you are fully tweaked with buffs and pots that isn't exactly hard. As the numbers scale up in the opponents favour, these factors such as templates don't matter as much as numbers always have the advantage.

@Xythic - I don't know about 1000 kills a day. The most I got on Glamorgan was around 700 in one. If anyone has achieved ~1000 kills in Thid for one day then I salute them.

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
It very much depends on the server.

Even on the juggernaut that is Glamorgan I would say ME is still harder to get than LE. There is always enough action for solo kills but if there is little action and there are just stealthers around then they will avoid you if you are running a group.

Don't forget x12.5 more kills are needed for ME than LE and I would definatly say that a good solo char can kill more than 1 character in the time it takes a group to kill 12-13 (especially if you ran in groups of only 3-5 like me).

LE may be harder to get in the sense that you have more obstacles out of your control (for example if they have been killed recently or adds), I see where you are coming from. However, I'm saying that in terms of actually killing people - LE is much, much easier. In my case, I was in groups of 3-5 cleaning zergs and the occasional small group. Take some of the solo players on Glamorgan, all they had to do was 1vs1 - and when you are fully tweaked with buffs and pots that isn't exactly hard. As the numbers scale up in the opponents favour, these factors such as templates don't matter as much as numbers always have the advantage.

@Xythic - I don't know about 1000 kills a day. The most I got on Glamorgan was around 700 in one. If anyone has achieved ~1000 kills in Thid for one day then I salute them.

i recall traiten telling me he got 950 kills one day on dyvet, if he can get that in that so called hellhole, then so can you get ~1000+ on Glamorgan, and yes, we can both agree if you played a good solo class such as hunter, shadowblade, etc etc. or a heavy tank, then it'd be way way way easier to get LE than ME, but for casters & lightweight tanks without too much HP or chance of survival it would be a hell if there's 40-50 people in the BG at daytime. no matter where you go, you'd die solo.

Lucius

Banned
i recall traiten telling me he got 950 kills one day on dyvet, if he can get that in that so called hellhole, then so can you get ~1000+ on Glamorgan

Although when I get 700 kill in a day on Glamorgan I only played for about 6 hours I think he was maybe exaggerating. I don't believe him tbh. Sustaining 500-700 kills a day was hard enough but to get 950 in one day just isn't posssible. Even when I started on Glamorgan it had more action in Thid on a daily basis than I had ever seen on Dyvet.

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
Although when I get 700 kill in a day on Glamorgan I only played for about 6 hours I think he was maybe exaggerating. I don't believe him tbh. Sustaining 500-700 kills a day was hard enough but to get 950 in one day just isn't posssible. Even when I started on Glamorgan it had more action in Thid on a daily basis than I had ever seen on Dyvet.
according to his title it was true, he had just beneath 1000 kills and it was the day where he redid his warlock. but he was there from the afternoon till around midnight afaik. so.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Wouldn't really want to come back, came to thid made a name on my ns and has stuck. Nothing more to really prove. Plus I don't really have the time these days.

Attachments

• sshot106.jpg
    sshot106.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 19
  • ff.JPG
    ff.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 20

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldn't really want to come back, came to thid made a name on my ns and has stuck. Nothing more to really prove. Plus I don't really have the time these days.
good times back then :\ shame it's all dead now and not worth coming back to.

Lucius

Banned
100 deathblows is quite nice. My best on the BD was 122 and about 118 on the Eldritch - great memories. I may renew after my exams.

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
100 deathblows is quite nice. My best on the BD was 122 and about 118 on the Eldritch - great memories. I may renew after my exams.
i had 300 once but that was because i leeched deathblows from the rest of you guys all day ;P (dinged Battle Enforcer same day)

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Well on a nightshade I was pretty satisfied with that. Although this isn't bad on my druid either:

Attachments

• sshot405.jpg
    sshot405.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 19

Lucius

Banned
Nice stats. I lost all my old stats pics from way back on Avalon cos I got a new PC but got one from my Eld:

That turned out to be a great night but I didn't ss the stats later on.

I remember having 90k healed from about 2hours .. but Avalon is different to Dyvet, the action is insane.

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
Nice stats. I lost all my old stats pics from way back on Avalon cos I got a new PC but got one from my Eld:

That turned out to be a great night but I didn't ss the stats later on.

I remember having 90k healed from about 2hours .. but Avalon is different to Dyvet, the action is insane.
not hard to get loads of hp healed if your in a decent group with loads of action ;) especially around CK where you can hide around, but if it's open battles, then it's harder.

Logi

Part of the furniture
not hard to get loads of hp healed if your in a decent group with loads of action ;) especially around CK where you can hide around, but if it's open battles, then it's harder.

you can compare those open battles with our duo in pvp eden, alot of fun on our RM/druid duo, but it was hard trying to keep u healed as u have no cover. so :iagree:

although we did pretty well i remember ;)

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
you can compare those open battles with our duo in pvp eden, alot of fun on our RM/druid duo, but it was hard trying to keep u healed as u have no cover. so :iagree:

although we did pretty well i remember ;)
our heretic duos were fucking hilarious aswell xD we owned everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom