Old Threads

Lucius

Banned
I must admit it was quite refreshing to see all the old threads brought back into the Battlegrounds subforum. This has of course compelled me to, perhaps excessively, read through all of them again. I would encourage others to do the same, because there are some fantastic threads there that I thouroughly enjoyed reading.

I did not envisage the Battlegrounds subforum to be like this even whilst the population which contributed to it started to decline. I was hoping, a lot like the off-topic subforum has successfuly done, for it to become a place where Thidranki players, old and new, could share past memories and talk about the present.

If any old Thidranki player remembers me then do not hesitate to contact me via Freddyshouse as I would be happy to catch up. Also, if anyone is playing Thidranki or Molvik on the German supercluster then I would greatly appriciate it if you could inform me regarding what the action is like. Since I retired my Eldritch at the start of February I have contemplated returning many times as I hope to achieve 25,000 Albion or Midgard kills on it before I retire completely.

Thanks for reading and take care everyone =).

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
How the hell did you activate all them? You mean the forum mods did it or is this a cyclic thing?

Lucius

Banned
I did nothing, they just appeared. I'm not sure why.

How are you anyway? Shame you never considered coming to the German servers with a lot of the players from Dyvet, it was great fun whilst it lasted (although the servers are still going strong - so resubbing is a possibility).

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
I am okie dokie. Been reading through some of these posts. Lots of mad ones when I was MKJ. Real good laugh I must admit.

German servers? I can't see me playing Daoc again. I had an active us account which I logged into a bit. I would rather just level up and kill monsters than bash players. Started playing a bit of UO - Ultima Online - to relax lately. Half an hour game play now and then and I am satisfied. I tend to watch films a fair bit now instead. Am getting too old for gaming I suppose.

You seem a lot calmer now? You ain't playing Daoc now I take it. Can get a grip on you can't it. Forum posting is mightily adictive too as you found out. Still as long as you had fun is the main thing. You did provide entertainment which is what forums are all about.

I have goals but becoming a good sb again isn't one of them. Been there and got the tee shirt. I want to wear other tee shirts now. 'Time and tide waiteth for no man'. Still got a few poems in me though somewhere. Will probably use them for retailiation should the going get rough on these forums again.

Logi

Part of the furniture
I am okie dokie. Been reading through some of these posts. Lots of mad ones when I was MKJ. Real good laugh I must admit.

German servers? I can't see me playing Daoc again. I had an active us account which I logged into a bit. I would rather just level up and kill monsters than bash players. Started playing a bit of UO - Ultima Online - to relax lately. Half an hour game play now and then and I am satisfied. I tend to watch films a fair bit now instead. Am getting too old for gaming I suppose.

You seem a lot calmer now? You ain't playing Daoc now I take it. Can get a grip on you can't it. Forum posting is mightily adictive too as you found out. Still as long as you had fun is the main thing. You did provide entertainment which is what forums are all about.

I have goals but becoming a good sb again isn't one of them. Been there and got the tee shirt. I want to wear other tee shirts now. 'Time and tide waiteth for no man'. Still got a few poems in me though somewhere. Will probably use them for retailiation should the going get rough on these forums again.

Gratz on the Activity Award!! <3 my hero :D

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Damn I can see now why I was 'King of Thid' . Absolutely amazing. I taunted and taunted and no-one could take me out. Never lost to an unbuffed inf for 2-3 years! Wish I had silenced one or 2 others though whilst I was in the mood. Otherwise an unblemished career. If you do a search for 'Thugs' on this forum and then scroll to the last page and work your way back there are some great and very funny topics. If you search for 'MKJ' there are lots and lots of pages. Damn stuff will have you in stitches. Hillarious. Good old days for sure but hell I glad they are behind me. Couldn't take the hassle now and wouldn't want too. Fun fun fun!

Lucius

Banned
I guess you're right, playing Thidranki was stressful sometimes, especially on the German servers where the action was quite intense. Although I am having a great time without it, I am considering resubbing during the summer providing the action is still good. What about you Logi?

Logi

Part of the furniture
I guess you're right, playing Thidranki was stressful sometimes, especially on the German servers where the action was quite intense. Although I am having a great time without it, I am considering resubbing during the summer providing the action is still good. What about you Logi?

no idea m8, recently got accepted for a new job = money = maybe resub, will see hehe

Lucius

Banned
After my exams in the summer I would seriously consider resubbing, if we can bring back a couple of those who went to the German servers with us who knows? Maybe we could finally run a 5 man group.

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
fuck yew logi! :( i just got fired from one of my jobs, so now i'll have spare time, idk if i'll consider reopening any accounts, but if i do, it'll be my US ones. and your coming with me.

Lucius

Banned
I would consider going to the US servers if it wasn't for the fact that there is less action and the quality of action is not as good. Although I must admit, had I not gone to the German servers I would definatly have gone to the US ones. I made the right choice though.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I would seriously consider resubbing if there was any action in Thid Us cluster. Nothing beats a good Thid run.

Lucius

Banned
I would seriously consider resubbing if there was any action in Thid Us cluster. Nothing beats a good Thid run.

Do you already have characters on the US servers? If not, then in my opinion it is worth resubbing your EU account, that way you have your old Dyvet characters but get to play in Glamorgan Thidranki, where there the action is more abudant and of a higher quality than in the US. Plus, if I renew, I could help you out.

Logi

Part of the furniture
fuck yew logi! :( i just got fired from one of my jobs, so now i'll have spare time, idk if i'll consider reopening any accounts, but if i do, it'll be my US ones. and your coming with me.

hmm tempting, im missing rvr alot aswell and i would love to try rvr on a new realm (midgard). will see hehe

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Do you already have characters on the US servers? If not, then in my opinion it is worth resubbing your EU account, that way you have your old Dyvet characters but get to play in Glamorgan Thidranki, where there the action is more abudant and of a higher quality than in the US. Plus, if I renew, I could help you out.

Nope, no characters on any US server. But my mains are on Pryd / excal. But i do doubt there is any Thid action at all there.

Lucius

Banned
Nope, no characters on any US server. But my mains are on Pryd / excal. But i do doubt there is any Thid action at all there.

There is no action on Dyvet, but there is a lot of action on the German servers, far more so than on the US servers. If you want to play Thid I reckon Glamorgan is the way to go.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
There is no action on Dyvet, but there is a lot of action on the German servers, far more so than on the US servers. If you want to play Thid I reckon Glamorgan is the way to go.

Interesting. With this, i can smack two flies in one.... smack. Need to refresh my german some, but reading a book would be too obvious. Will resub one account this weekend probably. Please tell me you play Albion!!! But judging from your avatar >:

Lucius

Banned
Interesting. With this, i can smack two flies in one.... smack. Need to refresh my german some, but reading a book would be too obvious. Will resub one account this weekend probably. Please tell me you play Albion!!! But judging from your avatar >:

Well, my account isn't even open yet because I have exams coming up so no DAoC until then. I play all three realms because all 5 German servers are now clustered, although mainly on Hibernia. I wouldn't be so hasty in going there because it can be quite daunting if you don't know anyone ...

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Well, my account isn't even open yet because I have exams coming up so no DAoC until then. I play all three realms because all 5 German servers are now clustered, although mainly on Hibernia. I wouldn't be so hasty in going there because it can be quite daunting if you don't know anyone ...

Well, i´ll roll a thid character on alb while i wait for you ;D Maybe buy some plats and start crafting some.

gohan

FH is my second home
thid on US was quite active when i quit a month or so back, was palying my inf alot was tryna get LE lol, ill probly resubb somewhere down the line but us isnt too bad action wise, and it porbly won be long before all toa servers are clustered so will be like 15 servers in 1

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
thid on US was quite active when i quit a month or so back, was palying my inf alot was tryna get LE lol, ill probly resubb somewhere down the line but us isnt too bad action wise, and it porbly won be long before all toa servers are clustered so will be like 15 servers in 1

Hmm, sounds promising. I will give the german servers a go first before i dismiss it.

Lucius

Banned

There are quite a few Lone Enforcers on Glamorgan ... I don't think title is very difficult to get though as long as there are a lot of solo level 20s around.

Jesmin

Loyal Freddie
There are quite a few Lone Enforcers on Glamorgan ... I don't think title is very difficult to get though as long as there are a lot of solo level 20s around.

The problem with solo kills and thid is alot of the times, those level /20s are rezz sick and not worth solo kills. But like anything in thid, be dedicated enough and you'll get whatever goal you want to achieve.

gohan

FH is my second home
whats glamorgan? that the german cluster?

also ye its not really about skill like anytitle its about time played, ive never been gung ho about it tho, ill maybe whore thid for a week then wont play it for a month or 2

and ye the ressick thing is a pain in the arse, im always solo and i manage to get most my kills without adds but my title is something like 1100 kills 950 deathblows 500 solo kills lol

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

also ye its not really about skill like anytitle its about time played, ive never been gung ho about it tho, ill maybe whore thid for a week then wont play it for a month or 2

and ye the ressick thing is a pain in the arse, im always solo and i manage to get most my kills without adds but my title is something like 1100 kills 950 deathblows 500 solo kills lol

you still play melee scout? ;P

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

mt.....

Lucius

Banned

That's a pretty nice ratio, I'm sure you would be disgusted to learn of my kills:solo kills one.

I think LE and ME are pretty much perseverance and lots of time /played. Especially in Thid where the action isn't as good or sustainable as in 50 RvR.

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
That's a pretty nice ratio, I'm sure you would be disgusted to learn of my kills:solo kills one.

i lolled, but what hurts even more, is that i zerged more than you did, at the start where i hunted my titles, until i started soloing :(

gohan

FH is my second home
you still play melee scout? ;P

i do have one lol rr6 but i specced to sniped to do DR's ect and my melee temp (which was awesome) was on my armsman, and my account got hacked and alll cash/ items where taken which is why i cba to renew as it would take like 4-5 months farming jsut to get back to where i already was (got 4 albs 3 mids and 6 hibs all fully dragon templated)

so if i did renew id purely be a thid whore

Lucius

Banned
i lolled, but what hurts even more, is that i zerged more than you did, at the start where i hunted my titles, until i started soloing :(

I don't know about that, my kills:solokills ratio is something within the region of 33000:80 which is 412.5 kills for every solo kill.

I'm actually quite proud of the ratio because over the years the solo "I have the moral high ground" players claim they are better players than me because they can kill one /level 20 by themselves rather than 1fg of /level 20s with 2-3 people.

In essence, LE and ME are all the same and neither can be achieved without farming RoG players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom