Old subs, password and email address not in GOA database

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Good luck with your recovered account mate, just hope someone is on the server when you log in :)

you know the most exciting bit about coming back to this server will be sorting the account details out, your in for one serious shock my friend.

Eble

And who said my account had been recovered? Ehm, i've no word to that effect at this time :(

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
You do wonder how hard it would be for them to find an account I mean really, about 2 years ago my BB acct went unpaid for like 5 weeks or something, kept waiting for it to be closed.

Eble

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
i am interested to know how they lost it in the first place, and as this if your personal data there could also be a privacy issue around it

from there general conditions tab at the chronicles

"in accordance with the law number 2004-801 dated 6th of August 2004, related to the protection of physical persons regarding the treatment of personal data, and modifying the law number 78-17 dated 6th of January 1978, you have the right to access, modify and oppose all personal data about you at any time. To do so, simply write to the following e-mail address subscription@goa.com, or at the FAQ via the help section of the official site, indicating your surname, first name, address, CD key and the identifiers of your Player Account (there is no need to communicate us your game or subscription password)."

Seems like they are breaking the law by not giving yo the right to access it or have lost it. Send a report to the French information commissioner about them, and there lack of data protection:

CNIL - English version

:m00:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Also don't forget that they're not only liable to French and EU laws. Since they're selling tangible products in various countries they're bound to local laws as well.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
GOA's legal bod probably has as much gumption as the marketing dude in that video, the one where he claimed to have spent loads on a massive marketing campaign for DAOC (down the pub probably)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
GOA's legal bod probably has as much gumption as the marketing dude in that video, the one where he claimed to have spent loads on a massive marketing campaign for DAOC (down the pub probably)

He was networking mate :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
The last I heard, Roaken was working on it. I trust him to get the job done ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom