old returning player - whats it like?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Yours is animated faster than mine, I reduced it's size and slowed the animation years ago when I joined the site :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Ouch no characters on either of my accounts on any archived servers :(

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Appears I've remembered my brothers old account (which he hardly played) and my bot account but not my main one.. no idea what it can be :) I do seem to have two 49 characters though so it's not all bad.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Did you renew UO too? :p Im eager to find out if anyones left on Europa

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I renewed it a long time ago, they still over 14 day trial if you enter billing info (can cancel before). So tempted.. but last time I was on Europa it was full of Koreans! This would have been 4 or so years ago !

Adari

Part of the furniture
Oh dear. I read on uch boards its dead now. Might try the uo vengeance shard.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Should level metal working on my friar then.. I just cba :D

Are the mobs here to stay or are they going away with the winter event?

No idea tbfh, I really should go farm some plat on hib before they remove or nerf it tho.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Was holding an entire camp earlier when a matter cabalist, clearly frustrated that I was camping where he was about to farm, started spamming aoe dots on all my agro. Told him that if he ever did it again I would report him. The next second a necro charged in and started doing the same, so I left the camp.. The greed is immense

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
hardly surprising tho tbh, i'm surprised the chinese farmers havent discovered the camps yet.

DeSlisser

Fledgling Freddie
hardly surprising tho tbh, i'm surprised the chinese farmers havent discovered the camps yet.

Was just wondering that myself as well. Did my first camp yesterday semi-afk with a guildie and indeed the amount of gold you are able to farm via item sale is quite high. How long are these camps staying or does it indeed end with the MOH event (winter something)? THe economy is broken anyway so likely the impact won't be big, but if it would stay I can imagine inflation in prices on Market.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Does anyone use bots anymore for leveling or is leveling simply fast enough to not need them? Havne't had a chance to play yet but I'd rather avoid botting and group if I can, guessing that wont' be easy though

DeSlisser

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone use bots anymore for leveling or is leveling simply fast enough to not need them? Havne't had a chance to play yet but I'd rather avoid botting and group if I can, guessing that wont' be easy though

Yes bots are used. During leveling (via BG) it's not needed at all. But there are lots of BBs parked in CV and frontierkeeps. Their buffs outdo the NPC ones.

I leveled a char and bot via BGs. Normally asked if it is a problem to ahve the bot in group too. Most often it is not an issue.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
if you have self healing abilities or procs you dont need a buffbot period, just goto NF and buy a full buff token and use it :p they cap out all the way to 46-47, buffbot buffs arent better until then they're just the same.

DeSlisser

Fledgling Freddie
if you have self healing abilities or procs you dont need a buffbot period, just goto NF and buy a full buff token and use it :p they cap out all the way to 46-47, buffbot buffs arent better until then they're just the same.

Hence, as i said to.. very easy to level without one. but you can if you wish to level two chars at the same time, which will both be usefull level 46+

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Are these camps only for an event?

I dunno, they've been around for a month or so already. AFAIK they aren't with the midwinter event, they're part of a series of events for the 10th anniversary. The incoming 1.111 patch has some more pict camps in the frontiers as part of a quest. I had a mess around on pendragon and they drop the same loot. I didn't check if the camps were still up in the PvE zones, but I'm guessing yes. If they're not permanent, hey'll be around a while yet IMO.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Quite a few new things since I last played, atlantean glass etc. Takes a while to get use to the old UI but the sound effects and style is still the best.

Eternalist

Regular Freddie
Its taking me a while to get used to the pvp style again, so used to the bullshit battleground style that wow has plagued the world with. So glad this awesome game is still going :)

Everz

FH is my second home
I dunno, they've been around for a month or so already. AFAIK they aren't with the midwinter event, they're part of a series of events for the 10th anniversary. The incoming 1.111 patch has some more pict camps in the frontiers as part of a quest. I had a mess around on pendragon and they drop the same loot. I didn't check if the camps were still up in the PvE zones, but I'm guessing yes. If they're not permanent, hey'll be around a while yet IMO.

It's funny.. the fact I could farm a camp for hours on end has made me want to play :|. Funny in a way.

DeSlisser

Fledgling Freddie
It's funny.. the fact I could farm a camp for hours on end has made me want to play :|. Funny in a way.

Your comment reminds of the article that Richard Bartle on his QBlog where he comments on the Star Wars MMO saying: "Campbell's theory: once you can treat the virtual world as a place like any other, you return because you like it there, not because you have a purpose there".

When I returned a couple weeks ago I found out I like it in the DAoC world. Because I like it there, farming a camp for hours on end is perfectly fine.

Everz

FH is my second home
Gaheris man, remember zee gaheris ho ho ho.

And made history killing Iarnvidur with friar/necro/bot combo.

We didn't ever manage to hit up Krondon however.. that I would resub for, still have my gaheris account.

Everz

FH is my second home
Your comment reminds of the article that Richard Bartle on his QBlog where he comments on the Star Wars MMO saying: "Campbell's theory: once you can treat the virtual world as a place like any other, you return because you like it there, not because you have a purpose there".

When I returned a couple weeks ago I found out I like it in the DAoC world. Because I like it there, farming a camp for hours on end is perfectly fine.

I agree, my gaming circle has me returning to the same 2-3 games each time, anything new just leads me back to where I began.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
And made history killing Iarnvidur with friar/necro/bot combo.

We didn't ever manage to hit up Krondon however.. that I would resub for, still have my gaheris account.

Cant be fucked tbh, havent touched Gaheris in ages :x last time I logged in there was only 21 players online @ USA prime time.

Everz

FH is my second home
Cant be fucked tbh, havent touched Gaheris in ages :x last time I logged in there was only 21 players online @ USA prime time.
Truly died eh? Shame, the alternate servers (pvp and pve) were my favourite, yet the first to pop it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Dinna, might have just been the day I was on :p not been on since so really dunno.

Everz

FH is my second home
Dinna, might have just been the day I was on :p not been on since so really dunno.
Ah well, least had some good times on there. Never enjoyed the seal farming much but the ability to go world over and the interesting combos are what appealed to me.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Gaheris would probably still have a decent population if they showed it more interest/patch loving.

Everz

FH is my second home
Yeh, theres not much to do once you've 'pve'd' everything. The relics/keeps were interesting however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom