old returning player - whats it like?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aye but mythic never updated the items so no one did them anymore or very few did :p I think Nith was farming for Apoc shield and thats about it.

Adari

Part of the furniture
I have a returning-player question if any of you have a moment!

Ive resubbed now and read about most of the changes (cv, atlanthean glass and so forth). I didn't quit that long ago - im ml10 on all my chars, leveled artifacts, etc.

I'm not too sure about the changes for gear though. I understand leggies are still okay to use for stealthers, but my old template seems to be out of date. People are wearing lots of ml10 stuff now? How does that happen? Is that the norm nowadays?

Also, whats with the dragon-items? How do you get them?

Love to hear from you. RIght now im trying to remember stuff like /qbind and mxn ui etc. :p

Adari

Part of the furniture
Its very nice hearing the camelot music again btw.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I never got to do the whole Gaheris thing. Got a warrior(dunno why I made a warrior as a first char on a pve server, lolz) to level50 and then it pretty much ended for me. I was in a really great pve mood at the time, but the low pop and not really knowing what to do killed it for me again. Everyone just seemed to have logged 2-8 chars on at the same time and did their own little things

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I never got to do the whole Gaheris thing. Got a warrior(dunno why I made a warrior as a first char on a pve server, lolz) to level50 and then it pretty much ended for me. I was in a really great pve mood at the time, but the low pop and not really knowing what to do killed it for me again. Everyone just seemed to have logged 2-8 chars on at the same time and did their own little things

Tanks and Pbaoe is key on Gaheris, almost every single player you see is a shield user of some variation (Wardens and valks seem the most popular) tho alot do like warriors aswell because of their 2handed damage when knocking keep doors down with HoA up (horn of agramon, removes keep doors defence so you can hit them for full damage)

Everz

FH is my second home

In its heyday it was pretty fun, I'd hop around all the server types depending on what event and Gaheris used to have something going on most nights. As Blood said though, most did run such a setup and it made things an absolute doddle. Still would like to do that myself on a live server, most I've managed is 5 on the D2 server :D.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I have a returning-player question if any of you have a moment!

Ive resubbed now and read about most of the changes (cv, atlanthean glass and so forth). I didn't quit that long ago - im ml10 on all my chars, leveled artifacts, etc.

I'm not too sure about the changes for gear though. I understand leggies are still okay to use for stealthers, but my old template seems to be out of date. People are wearing lots of ml10 stuff now? How does that happen? Is that the norm nowadays?

Also, whats with the dragon-items? How do you get them?

Love to hear from you. RIght now im trying to remember stuff like /qbind and mxn ui etc. :p

Lot's of tanks use ML10 weapons as non-Mid tanks have become mostly interrupt bots :(. ML10 weapons aren't as op'd (dmg wise) as they were so you can get away with legendaries on a stealther. ML10 cloak is common amongst stealthers for the shear - and yes ML10 gear is quite popular for others as there's no real cash sink in DAoC so people can afford lots of shiny stuff after all this time.

Dragon items - do you mean from the quests or the dragon drops? Dragon drops can be bought from a merchant in the capital cities. The currency is dragon scales which drop from mobs in the dragon zone (the higher the mob the more that drops). Dragon quest.... well you could do it if anyone else was doing it but it's hard to solo. You can buy a weapon token and single armour token from the same merchant I've just mentioned. You will need to go to the dragon zone to exchange these tokens and you will need faction to get in.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I used to play Lab a lot but my guild went inactive on there and it was impossible to get a PUG. I gave up :)

I keep thinking about going back tho got loads of temp'd chars and tbh every MMO that comes out now is a flash in the pan piece of shit.

Rudor Dwarf

Loyal Freddie
Very tempted to return, having some issues remembering my account details though and I don't even know if I have access to the e-mail address I used to register it all those years ago! :D
Strangely enough I remembered my Ultima Online details to link to my EA account straight away.. last played 2001..

Eyy I think i remeber you Kami :).
I'm very tempted to give daoc a shoot aswell, can't remeber much of my account details either after X years away from daoc.
So I sent an e-mail to support@darkageofcamelot.com and hope they can help me :).

Chosen

Resident Freddy
me and my brother tiac will also be returning to mid today =)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Thinking of resubbing for some casual play, how is the game lately?

Everz

FH is my second home
Thinking of resubbing for some casual play, how is the game lately?

From what I hear, very active with a decent pop.. German servers got moved I think? That said I've not logged in for a year or so.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
From what I hear, very active with a decent pop.. German servers got moved I think? That said I've not logged in for a year or so.

It's not that long since I played really, probably early autumn or so, think they already clustered with ze germans and le french by then. Think im gonna give it a go, there is nothing else to play anyways :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Population is fine, playing it myself atm on a casual basis since SWTOR turned out to be a massive fail. Still zergy as hell however but if you can stomach that then its fine.

Apart from the above there are some things that are fucking retarded at the moment (Reavers with charge being the main one, whoever thought that one up wants punching in the face repeatedly)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Seems like that is the place where most of the 8v8 goes =) You should tag along with me, my brother and himse on small man groups :D

Sounds like fun! They should just make Cathal the main rvr zone tbh, like they did a while back with that event. Was tons of fun! It still 45-49 though? Not sure if I have any chars that levelrange.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Population seems very good actually, over 850 online on alb. I know its sunday, but its not too shabby.

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
Does it matter which Ywain server I choose for xfer, if I xfer nowdays? Heard something about Ywain 1 housing is full etc ... but that might have been old info?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Go to one of the higher ywains and you won't have trouble finding a house lot. Ywain1 is full afaik

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
The login server list has recommendations based on which servers has the most lots available I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom