Old Prince Charlie

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
fair play to him
im sure scouse made some high brow intellectual comment, but sadly hes on ignore so i wont have to point out how much of a mongoloid he is ^_^

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
God.

I'm no royalist, but I'm proud in the fact that we've had a monarchy for so long in comparison with other countries, its fantastic, other countries such as the US wish they had a monarch, I'd much rather have the Queen than a politically influenced President 'in charge' of the Country. Personally, as I do history, I look at the other old ex-monarchy countries and it's amazing to think that all these monarchs have been pushed out due to lack of reforms, and never had a monarch return, but look at Britain, they've been around for ever, sure, Cromwell fucked it up for a bit, but it's great, the fact that the Royal Family is the beacon of our Commonwealth and it brings so many countries together in terms of respect for the Royal Family. (Australia etc)

So Stfu, and fuck off to North Korea! :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I thought it was funny to watch and good on the pair of them. Whilst I am not a royal fan I am happy that they now have to dip into their own funds and we don't fully fund them. Plus they bring the tourists in.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I've always wanted to see the Queen do something awesome. She's not subject to the law in theory so she can do pretty much whatever she wants :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
I wonder if he still sends two moaning letters a day to the Prime Minister - hes widely known as a bitter old crank by those who should know.

Edit - they actually had to do this to cover it up:

http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=13774
Frankly Im glad someone with nothing at risk is in a position to give the cabinet a hard time. There's no one else rich and powerful enough to do it who isnt persuing some dodgy personal wealth creation agenda.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Frankly Im glad someone with nothing at risk is in a position to give the cabinet a hard time. There's no one else rich and powerful enough to do it who isnt persuing some dodgy personal wealth creation agenda.

This is one of the things I like about the Royal Family, Charles in particular. I dont nescessarily agree with what he says but at least he says it.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Good lad. Far more respect for him as a result of this :)

Jeros

Part of the furniture
He speaks so well, but not in the way I would expect a person of his "breeding" to speak.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd watch that weather guy over any other, perfect voice really and manners. Is he doing something else 'cause he sure should switch to this.

rynnor

Rockhound

The Royals have about as much experience of real life as an alien does though so on what basis should they be advising governments? Its like Michael Jackson advising on child protection :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
God.

I'm no royalist, but I'm proud in the fact that we've had a monarchy for so long in comparison with other countries, its fantastic, other countries such as the US wish they had a monarch, I'd much rather have the Queen than a politically influenced President 'in charge' of the Country. Personally, as I do history, I look at the other old ex-monarchy countries and it's amazing to think that all these monarchs have been pushed out due to lack of reforms, and never had a monarch return, but look at Britain, they've been around for ever, sure, Cromwell fucked it up for a bit, but it's great, the fact that the Royal Family is the beacon of our Commonwealth and it brings so many countries together in terms of respect for the Royal Family. (Australia etc)

So Stfu, and fuck off to North Korea! :)

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit there.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Fairly sure that research had been done that suggested if we got rid of the monarchy we wouldn't lose tourist money, or any loss would be negligible. Can't recall where I read it now though.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Fairly sure that research had been done that suggested if we got rid of the monarchy we wouldn't lose tourist money, or any loss would be negligible. Can't recall where I read it now though.

Agreed and if we nationalised the assets held by the monarchy we would be many billions of pounds in the black.

As hereditary sovereign, the Queen owns the crown estate - almost 120,000 hectares of agricultural land, plus the seabed around the UK. Its statute includes some archaic rules: through the crown estate, for example, the Queen can claim ownership of all whales and sturgeon that are washed ashore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Estate

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
The Royals have about as much experience of real life as an alien does though so on what basis should they be advising governments? Its like Michael Jackson advising on child protection :p

and our dear prime minister does ?

Chilly

Balls of steel

Perhaps, but they all work pretty much every day of the week in public and charitable service. I bet you any sum you care to wager the queen has seen more pain and suffering than any PM of ours in her years of travels around the place. I think her and her family are absolutely ideally placed to be a strong moral voice in an increasingly morally desolate government.

rynnor

Rockhound
Morality from the royals? The whole institution is immoral - hereditary state parasites - not to mention the bodyguard of lies that surrounds them. The Queen's not so bad but the rest?

rynnor

Rockhound
and our dear prime minister does ?

Compared to a normal person no - compared to a royal yes tons :p

Can you imagine how it would warp you to be born into the royal family?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom