Old Player

R

Raistlin

Dear All,

I used to play DAOC, untill about a year and a half ago i quit... this was when ToA came out because... well i really didnt get along with that expansion and nobody seemed up for much else but that.

Now i started playing WoW recently, which is a bit of fun, but i dont think it is as good as DAOC was... I remember having such fun! I leveld a sorcerer to 50, then a runemaster, then a healer, the game was great but the new patches etc just did ruin it for me a little bit.

Anyway... I have been looking at daoc again recently and I was wondering if it has changed much, i see they have made the dungeons instances... but thats all i really know...

I just have a few questions...

Is it still such a bloddy pain to get to level 50? is ToA better now or is ther a NO ToA Server? like in the US. Are the EU servers still quite active?

Also... i dont have an account anymore... with the /level 20 command will there be nobody for me to play with during my first 20 levels?

Anyway, the game WAS great and looking at it now brings back good old memorys of DAOC, so just wondering if you can convince me to come back...?

Also does anybody know if the "Red Guard" Guild is still around (Mid, Excal) :) i used to be a GM for them with Mikhail.

Many thanks!!

Ex Player

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
classic server open 7 or 8 dec wich means buffbots have a limit buff range no /level 20 no toa :)

The Normals servers just suck hard. no low level groups, buffbots, toa etc..

R

Raistlin

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Cant Wait... CDs on order now haha :)

Perfect solution!!!

What updates do i need for clasi server?

Catacombs?

Edit: Typos

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
bottler said:
classic server open 7 or 8 dec wich means buffbots have a limit buff range no /level 20 no toa :)

7 or 8 dec gonna be like end of july for cluster?

and...

ToA>Classic

if you are getting a new account. for the love of god! go US servers

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Raistlin said:
BEAUTIFUL!!!

Cant Wait... CDs on order now haha :)

Perfect solution!!!

What updates do i need for clasi server?

Catacombs?

Edit: Typos

Yeah, you'll want catacombs since it speeds up lvling, and you'll be left out if you don't have it :) That's the way it works on us servers pretty much.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
bottler said:

if u think there arent gonna be any buffbots on classic u are mistaken im afraid :|

Narkokrig

Fledgling Freddie
IMO ToA got alot better, its gotten easier to get artis and MLs. And with the 18.1b patch its getting even easier..

The reason i dont like the classic servers is becaus of cata.. How many hibs do you think will make a vampiir? 90%?

And the toa bonuses will still be there through cata items..

Only positive about the classic servers imo is the no /20 command and the buff bot range..

If you have some old mates still playing then the process to 20 wont be that hard.

Cheers mate and good luck!

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Raistlin said:
Is it still such a bloddy pain to get to level 50? is ToA better now or is ther a NO ToA Server? like in the US. Are the EU servers still quite active?
Nope, level 50 is easily reached with catacombs nowadays. Freelevels help loads too. TOA is awesome and will get a fair bit easier soon enough. EU servers are quite active.

Raistlin said:
Also... i dont have an account anymore... with the /level 20 command will there be nobody for me to play with during my first 20 levels?
That depends really. I never had too much trouble finding groups. But then again, I know how /who 20 25 works and how to ask people if they want to group. ;) Something that seems to have been lost on a lot of people lately.

Raistlin said:
Anyway, the game WAS great and looking at it now brings back good old memorys of DAOC, so just wondering if you can convince me to come back...?

Also does anybody know if the "Red Guard" Guild is still around (Mid, Excal) :) i used to be a GM for them with Mikhail.
Don't play Mid Excal much I'm afraid. :p

Game still is great, I don't get why people hate TOA so much. I mean, yeah, it takes a while, but it's not as bad as most people say it is. It's greatly exaggerated by a lot of people. Most raids take 3 hours at most really. Heck, even my mum manages to get around doing ML raids. But eh, better not have this thread fly into another Anti-TOA vs Pro-TOA flame. ;)

R

Raistlin

Heta said:
if you are getting a new account. for the love of god! go US servers

For the love of god... there is no way i would want to play on a server full of Yanks... i would rather play a single player game!!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Raistlin said:
For the love of god... there is no way i would want to play on a server full of Yanks... i would rather play a single player game!!!
:clap:

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
P*ss off to VN if you love the US so much :wanker:

I can post on many forums, I'm not as limitied as you aparently are and only able to post at one

R

Raistlin

Deepflame said:
Nope, level 50 is easily reached with catacombs nowadays. Freelevels help loads too. TOA is awesome and will get a fair bit easier soon enough. EU servers are quite active.

Game still is great, I don't get why people hate TOA so much. I mean, yeah, it takes a while, but it's not as bad as most people say it is. It's greatly exaggerated by a lot of people. Most raids take 3 hours at most really. Heck, even my mum manages to get around doing ML raids. But eh, better not have this thread fly into another Anti-TOA vs Pro-TOA flame. ;)

Could you explain what "Freelevels" are? I guess these were not about when i was last playing the game...

Why is catacombes so good for leveling up? and if TOA is going to get easier i may well play the non-clasic servers... depending on population etc.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Raistlin said:
Could you explain what "Freelevels" are? I guess these were not about when i was last playing the game...

Why is catacombes so good for leveling up? and if TOA is going to get easier i may well play the non-clasic servers... depending on population etc.

by saying toa will be easy, they mean IF YOU HAVE 150p-200p its going to be easy.. you have to buy the scrolls, mps, very expensive jewellry if you want to play.. toaing is easy, getting the money for it is not. imo.

edit: oh and freelevel means you get 1 level free every week. for example if you dinged lvl 29 at september 7, at september 17 you can click on your trainer and insta ding 30. pretty useful above lvl 40.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
by saying toa will be easy, they mean IF YOU HAVE 150p-200p its going to be easy.. you have to buy the scrolls, mps, very expensive jewellry if you want to play.. toaing is easy, getting the money for it is not. imo.

Or you accept that you'll not have a perfect template, and have a good enough one based on slightly lower quality, and whatever stuff you find.

Best way to get scrolls I've found is find some friends who also need to train, and hunt in Oceanus from 35-40 odd, Stygia from 40-45 odd, and then Volcanus / Aerus. Get lots of scrolls, and also train. Perfect combination !

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom