old frontiers

gohan

FH is my second home
met up with some friends this weekend i met through daoc, none of us have played for a year or so, one of my mates was convinced that you can now get into OF on normal servers as an rvr zone

surely not? i'd of heard about that SURELY??????

gohan

FH is my second home
probably means cathal valley?

thats what i said, but he said you can port directly to it from a guy just off the portal stone, then he bet me a weeks wages and i thought he must be certain of it......

i should have taken his money but i got scared

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
its very simple for mythic to add OF back into the game... all the have to do is! add teleporters and presto... works again... hard work? think not.

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
other month there was a sort of weekend zerg in there where you could port into it from a guy near the portal in dl, but it was a special event and happened about a week later for a 2nd time, since then not sure if it stayed and is regular thing i havent been on in over a month.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
its cathal not of... big diferance.. lag was insane as it was a zergfest..

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Think you are a weeks wages better off Mikey, cash it in m8, hes talking plops!

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
its very simple for mythic to add OF back into the game... all the have to do is! add teleporters and presto... works again... hard work? think not.

Worse thing is they dont even want to do a Old Frontier event week or something like that...

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I take it the plans for OF server went down the toilet then? origins wasnt it?

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
OF is still there on the server. When I logged my sorc in after what must have been 4 or 5 years he was in old frontiers.

Himse

FH is my second home
They never removed the old frontiers, just kinda, stopped people from porting there / cut bits out to make them inaccessibile.

really sucks to be honest, i think for a while they should put the OF zones back in, and switch off NF, see if they get an rise in subs being reactivated.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah like giving PvP servers would bring people back, and making TOA soooo easymode you could buy it rather than doing MLs and artis....oh wait, it didnt.

Himse

FH is my second home
Yeah like giving PvP servers would bring people back, and making TOA soooo easymode you could buy it rather than doing MLs and artis....oh wait, it didnt.

i said do it as a test ;] not just purely implement it.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
i said do it as a test ;] not just purely implement it.
/yawn

You cant test something like that, its like beta testing any game, take WAR for example, every man and his dog signed up for open beta, 30 servers were filled, come launch they did well, a month later everyone fecked off again. Everyone goes FOTM then buggers off when they get bored leaving behind wasted time anf effort and empty servers, pointless.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
They should re-implement the zones for events. Fix up the keeps so they actually work for claiming, so rams work etc. - but obviously don't bother with relics.

Why? Because players get bored of seeing the same thing over and over again. It could be a cheap way of giving players something different to do for a week/weekend event.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
/yawn

You cant test something like that, its like beta testing any game, take WAR for example, every man and his dog signed up for open beta, 30 servers were filled, come launch they did well, a month later everyone fecked off again. Everyone goes FOTM then buggers off when they get bored leaving behind wasted time anf effort and empty servers, pointless.

I think the hardest thing to replace is the mentality of players.

Back in the day - opted groups were quite a new concept - most people, apart from the "leet" guilds would run groups that were no way opted. I remember running in groups with my merc, a scout, 3 wizards, 1 mini, 1 sorc and an armsman - no healer! :clap: I don't recall anyone really caring what you were - the fact you were in the group it was good enough :worthy:

Nowadays - you have people worried about whether you RR is high enough, opted gear, templates, arti, cl's, ml's, assist trains, OP classes etc. I don't think people could go back to playing it the old school way - I think people are conditioned to want to play the game as "best" as they can with their character. In the OF - those concepts were relatively new :cheers:

/bow

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
does anyone know HOW to get to OF :)?

Would be fun to take a run around (even tho its only the first zone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom