L.A.R.P <--- Stopped reading right there.. Didn't click the link

LARPing is shit

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
oh jesus, smurf freaks

back to Star wars klein movies 4 me

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fucking LOL, that is amazing. Quality LARP piss take :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I'd bang the birds tbh, one of them has a cracking pair of tats!!!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
As opposed to Ch3t, nice pisstake on avatar :p

On a related note, why do people hate larping so much? It's not that different from playing a MMO, just takes more effort really.

I think lapring has stayed behind from the time of nerds, while gaming, board/PC/console, has moved to the mass market, it somehow just didn't go mainstream and is still treated as nerdy.

Know a few larpers myself and they're just as regular folk as anyone else.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
gaming / roleplaying / larping / boasting about how many ppl u pwn in thid just isn't cool
there's nothing WRONG with them per se
people try to act like talking non stop about gaming is cool
Its not. Seriously. ok, inside a gaming forum, sure...but outside in the real world, umm....no lol

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
gaming / roleplaying / larping / boasting about how many ppl u pwn in thid just isn't cool
there's nothing WRONG with them per se
people try to act like talking non stop about gaming is cool
Its not. Seriously. ok, inside a gaming forum, sure...but outside in the real world, umm....no lol

Oh don't get me wrong, people who only can talk about Modern warfare 2, how they run around the woods wearing red overalls and a red cap or how they pwn in stratego are in that old school "nerd" category.

But that's with anything, i've even had the "privilage" to meet a few football/gym nerds :p

As such, larping is just an activity.

Though i would advice anyone against bloodbowl larping(if they take it serious), that makes rugby look like paddycake :eek7:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
agreed - people who talk non-stop about only one thing are bad news (IMO football fanatics are among the worst - not just because I despise football but its the way you can't get a word in edgeways and they always end up becoming ultra aggressive because their team is best and if you say anything against their team they go nuts....and health freaks - FUCK OFF - If I want to be unhealthy I will..../rantoff)

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
L.A.R.P <--- Stopped reading right there.. Didn't click the link

LARPing is shit

Damn you Amb :kissit: You be wrong.

As opposed to Ch3t, nice pisstake on avatar :p

On a related note, why do people hate larping so much? It's not that different from playing a MMO, just takes more effort really.

I think lapring has stayed behind from the time of nerds, while gaming, board/PC/console, has moved to the mass market, it somehow just didn't go mainstream and is still treated as nerdy.

Know a few larpers myself and they're just as regular folk as anyone else.

I agree Toht (god, surprising myself saying that...)

I LARP once a year - used to do it every few months but commitments etc. It's a high fantasy setting elves orcs and the whatnot. You'd be surprised - the group I do it with are all regualr folk, a lot of them holding down jobs with quite substantial pay packets, alongside those who don't. It does take a lot of effort costume and kit wise and does make it prohibitively expensive for some. A sword is £60+ for one that will last. The last set of studded leather I bought cost £120.

I agree that LARP has not moved into the mainstream (and I doubt it ever will) - Dara O Briain's tough gig set with LARP'ers didn't help because he chose Skullduggery who run out of Canterbury. I lived in Canterbury for four years and ran into quite a few of them and most of them were pretentious tosspots who don't advertise the hobby in a good light at all.

Cracking pisstake though for those in the LARP community because we all know the LARP (and I suspect standard roleplayer) archetypes of each gamer there.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
LARPies are scary. I know quite a few of them (due to my job and also because I`m still playing pen&paper and tabletops myself, so I meet them quite often at conventions etc). There are two kinds of LARPies. The kids and the bass-nerds.
The usual "costume" of the kids is a kilt, a pirate shirt with a belt, a dagger and a drinking horn, leather vambraces and jumper boots and shoulder-long hair. They´re usually very quiet and shy.
The bass-nerds on the other hand are a pain in the arse. They know fooking everything. They can tell you what chances you have if you want to survive an attack of a double-bladed 2-handed axe, although they never had such an axe in their hands.... just the latex replica. Making a mark is their ultimate goal. Highly annoying...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
larp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom