Okay, so they are changing the passwords - fine... but

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by wai
soz silly questions but:

1) how can any company that deals with ppls accounts (even if account are only worth £1) put up such poor security to protect ppl's money
2) y couldn't they have sed anything bout this earlier, even if it wasn't bout the hacker just a simple line to let us know they're still alive and acknowledging (sp?) us ?
3) last silly question wot was with the lying that the subs went down on the 21st when they came down on the 20th

also when will the subs pages be back up with meh new sub pw's :E (soz i did read the threads and all the goa stuff but not exactly sinking in atm)

No one knows for sure at the moment bud, the whole thing is a clusterfuck of epic proportions sadly :(

A

acei

Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay, so they are changing the passwords - fine... but

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
So all those people who get humped by GOA taking a week to process the 'email address' backlog can just go take a running jump right or just flush thier £8 down the shitter?
lol your expecting the worse situation possible, if the emails do take 1 day like they've suggested then 1 day gametime is sufficient if 1 day isn't enough for the passes they will increase the gametime given back obviously

C

cHodAX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay, so they are changing the passwords - fine... but

Originally posted by acei
lol your expecting the worse situation possible, if the emails do take 1 day like they've suggested then 1 day gametime is sufficient if 1 day isn't enough for the passes they will increase the gametime given back obviously

Have you ever even used NextWeek err I mean right now? They take 3 days to answer under a normal workload, how the hell do you think they will cope with 1000's of requests that they will have to verify.

Think before you post is a motto you should live by.

A

acei

Originally posted by wai
1) how can any company that deals with ppls accounts (even if account are only worth £1) put up such poor security to protect ppl's money
All internet companies have breach's... amazon, microsoft, ebay etc etc. GOA was bound to be a target at some point. imo GOA has handled this in the best way possible they removed all chance hackers had to steal accounts by shutting down the subscription service, they took down rightnow to prevent them being bombarded by hackers requesting password via that method. They planned out today's events but didn't tell us (there must be a reason for not telling us). If they wouldn't have planned out today and instead on the day GOA was hacked just pulled the servers and tried to change all passwords it would have caused even more chaos imo.

Have you ever even used NextWeek err I mean right now? They take 3 days to answer under a normal workload, how the hell do you think they will cope with 1000's of requests that they will have to verify.

http://www.legendofmir.net/ go there for ONE month and see what their service is like try it, then if you can still moan about GOA then your nuts :) Note: Legend of Mir has more hackings than any other MMORPG, it was down for a week just for hardware faults, it has NO customer services, it banned 100's of users for stuff that didn't even happen. If you want to compare MMORPG compare DAOC to Legend of Mir!

S

Shaurr

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay, so they are changing the passwords - fine... but

Originally posted by old.cHodAX

Hate to be negative but since Rightnow! is down for godknowshowlong, you really can only try praying.

N

Nivellen

Originally posted by wai
soz silly questions but:

2) y couldn't they have sed anything bout this earlier, even if it wasn't bout the hacker just a simple line to let us know they're still alive and acknowledging (sp?) us ?
3) last silly question wot was with the lying that the subs went down on the 21st when they came down on the 20th

also when will the subs pages be back up with meh new sub pw's :E (soz i did read the threads and all the goa stuff but not exactly sinking in atm)

Hehe good questions BUT I suggest you mail them to GOA/Camelot-europe.com team - because we don't know the answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom