Okay, so they are changing the passwords - fine... but

L

longshot

Isn't it possible for the hackers intercept the thousands of unencrypted e-mails that are about to be sent out?

I'm no expert on computer security, but I keep hearing over and over that you should never e-mail your credit card information since it's an insecure media... and wouldn't the same apply to game passwords?

Wouldn't it be better to force people to reactive their account over a secure webpage?

And what about those who have changed their e-mail address since then?

Oh well... one thing is for sure - it's gonna take more than 24 hours... we know how GOA operates by now.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by longshot

And what about those who have changed their e-mail address since then?

I will be blunt. They are FUCKED, they will have to try contact GOA when Rightnow comes back up and then wait a week for GOA to work through the backlog. Of course you won't be refunded for all the downtime even though this problem is 100% GOA's fault according to Mythic.

S

svartmetall

Re: Re: Okay, so they are changing the passwords - fine... but

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Of course you won't be refunded for all the downtime even though this problem is 100% GOA's fault according to Mythic.
Have you got any linkage to where Mythic say that?

A

acei

I will be blunt. They are FUCKED, they will have to try contact GOA when Rightnow comes back up and then wait a week for GOA to work through the backlog. Of course you won't be refunded for all the downtime even though this problem is 100% GOA's fault according to Mythic.
The refund is likely to be in gametime which is adequete imo and will probably be 1 day free or something like that.

C

cHodAX

Re: Re: Re: Okay, so they are changing the passwords - fine... but

Originally posted by acei
The refund is likely to be in gametime which is adequete imo and will probably be 1 day free or something like that.

So all those people who get humped by GOA taking a week to process the 'email address' backlog can just go take a running jump right or just flush thier £8 down the shitter?

S

svartmetall

Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay, so they are changing the passwords - fine... but

So all those people who get humped by GOA taking a week to process the 'email address' backlog can just go take a running jump right or just flush thier £8 down the shitter?
Shh, GOA will hire you with an attitude like that :p

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by svartmetall

It is in one of the other topics on this forum related to all this mess, basically a Mythic employee has stated that the bug appears to have used access for dev tools. She also stated that it wasn't possible on thier servers but she doesn't know how GOA have implentent it at thier end, hence GOA 100% to blame for a shitty implementation.

S

svartmetall

It is in one of the other topics on this forum related to all this mess, basically a Mythic employee has stated that the bug appears to have used access for dev tools. She also stated that it wasn't possible on thier servers but she doesn't know how GOA have implentent it at thier end, hence GOA 100% to blame for a shitty implementation.
That's not quite the same as Mythic saying, in as many words, "it's all GOA's fault" which is what I thought you meant.

Because I would have used that in the opening paragraph of aletter to the CEO of Mythic in which I would ask for DAOC to be taken away from GOA and given to company with professionalism and competence and some concern for their paying customers. Would have been the final nail in the coffin IMO.

M

maxgirth

Tbh after the last patch, and inheriting the in stealth style bug, without forewarning, how much faith can anyone have in GOA?.
A known bug passed from mythic, GOA had how many months to translate the last patch?, we are paying customers and deserve a far better service imo.

G

galdora

People who dont keep their registered email up to date is GOA's fault?

[Not having a dig at people who have not, its a bummer for sure]

C

cHodAX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay, so they are changing the passwords - fine... but

That's not quite the same as Mythic saying, in as many words, "it's all GOA's fault" which is what I thought you meant.

They are being diplomatic, what do you expect them to do to a licencee? They have made it quite clear that this hack can not happen on a U.S. server so there is without a doubt a problem at GOA's end as Sanya already stated in a round about way.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by galdora
People who dont keep their registered email up to date is GOA's fault?

[Not having a dig at people who have not, its a bummer for sure]

People who didn't forsee GOA getting hacked because they have a poor implementation? That is the customers fault?

C

cHodAX

It all boils down to this people. We PAY them (GOA) a monthly subscription to run a reliable and secure service. In the last few months we have had neither, that can not be argued with.

B

Belsameth

People who didn't forsee GOA getting hacked because they have a poor implementation? That is the customers fault?

no, not keeping your information up to date IS their own fault tho.

may I try a guess by saying you don't have a valid e-mail adress registered with GOA anymore? :)

S

svartmetall

It all boils down to this people. We PAY them (GOA) a monthly subscription to run a reliable and secure service. In the last few months we have had neither, that can not be argued with.
Agreed. And their customer service is shit, in my experience.

If I didn't have so much time and effort invested in my Euro server characters, and so many friends on Euro servers, TBH right now I'd be sorely tempted to play on the US servers, and feel glad that my hard-earned cash wasn't going into GOA's pockets.

N

ning

If your e-mail is not valide, just log with your sub password to find the game password.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Belsameth
no, not keeping your information up to date IS their own fault tho.

may I try a guess by saying you don't have a valid e-mail adress registered with GOA anymore? :)

Nice try but all my accounts are pucker :) I feel really sorry for those people who are about to be humped out of a weeks subscription though

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by ning
If your e-mail is not valide, just log with your sub password to find the game password.

They are going to change sub passwords too it seems, they will be sent to your registered email address. This is the whole problem, GOA/Kemor will not clarify and it seems Kemor is hiding under his bed at the moment rather than face 4000 angry customers. Coward.

A

Axuk

What concerns me most is the fact that GOA have pulled not only game access but subscription access also.

They are clearly concerned that the hackers have access not only to our game accounts but to our billing information.. which means our credit card info.

There is no word from GOA that the hackers do not currently have access to thousands of credit cards and are not happily on a spending spree on our cards as we speak.

Utterly unacceptable: that this is even a possibility.

:that GOA have absolutely nothing meaningful to say on the matter.

:that the paying customer has no way of contacting this crap company.

:that Mythic think it is acceptable to tolerate a licencee offering a shabby service like this.

I'll be contacting Mythic direct about this as personally I think it is time they looked at finding a competent and responsible company to represent them in Europe and handle my credit card information.

I'll also be keeping a close eye on my credit card statements in the coming months to make sure nothing appears on there that shouldn't be there and you might all like to keep your eyes peeled as well ... sigh.

N

ning

Originally posted by Axuk
I'll also be keeping a close eye on my credit card statements in the coming months to make sure nothing appears on there that shouldn't be there and you might all like to keep your eyes peeled as well ... sigh.

GOA haven't your CC number. It's bibit (www.bibit.com).

D

darbey

8£ , more like £12 quid (x2 for me in this case)

B

Belomar

Because I would have used that in the opening paragraph of aletter to the CEO of Mythic in which I would ask for DAOC to be taken away from GOA and given to company with professionalism and competence and some concern for their paying customers. Would have been the final nail in the coffin IMO.
Don't flatter yourself. GOA started off badly but has improving their service more and more the last year. They are currently doing a good job, and most of the customer base are, believe it or not, satisfied with the service. This is just a case of the empty can rattling the most, I guess.

D

darbey

Maybe it has improved but the lack of information coming from them is what pisses people off , not to mention their inadequate security processes if they have indeed been hacked.

S

Shaurr

Originally posted by ning

Hard to do when subscrition services are down.

B

Belomar

Speaking of which (since this is the subscription password thread), does anyone know if there will be a trouble if you had both of your accounts registered to the same e-mail address? I've heard something about people have trouble with this, and now that I hear about this, I'm getting worried I'll be affected. :eek: (I.e. I heard that someone was only getting e-mail from one of the accounts, the other one was somehow skipped due to both of the accounts having the same mail address.)

C

cHodAX

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay, so they are changing the passwords - fine... but

Originally posted by Belomar
Don't flatter yourself. GOA started off badly but has improving their service more and more the last year. They are currently doing a good job, and most of the customer base are, believe it or not, satisfied with the service. This is just a case of the empty can rattling the most, I guess.

One information post a week, no replys to email, RightNow = NextWeek, login server failures and servers hacked.

Hurray for you and your 'I wanna be GOA's battyboy' post!

W

Wai

soz silly questions but:

1) how can any company that deals with ppls accounts (even if account are only worth £1) put up such poor security to protect ppl's money
2) y couldn't they have sed anything bout this earlier, even if it wasn't bout the hacker just a simple line to let us know they're still alive and acknowledging (sp?) us ?
3) last silly question wot was with the lying that the subs went down on the 21st when they came down on the 20th

also when will the subs pages be back up with meh new sub pw's :E (soz i did read the threads and all the goa stuff but not exactly sinking in atm)

V

Vell

Speaking of which (since this is the subscription password thread), does anyone know if there will be a trouble if you had both of your accounts registered to the same e-mail address? I've heard something about people have trouble with this, and now that I hear about this, I'm getting worried I'll be affected. :eek: (I.e. I heard that someone was only getting e-mail from one of the accounts, the other one was somehow skipped due to both of the accounts having the same mail address.)

I had to change the email address on my second account, because although it let me register both accounts to the same one, whenever I tried to access the account pages or rightnow, it spat both accounts back out, saying they didn't exist. Kemor suggested I change the password on one, and that helped. Not sure how it will effect your emails though, tbh.

W

Wai

(I.e. I heard that someone was only getting e-mail from one of the accounts, the other one was somehow skipped due to both of the accounts having the same mail address.)

Wondering the same myself heard some stories off ppl :E

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom