ok so i've been thinking (ewww!)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
so anyway, you know ppl always go to the press and stuff when they feel they have been wrongly treated/discriminated/whatever, to force the companies to change so they wont get more bad press and stuff.

isn't it time we start doing the same? i mean, write to the bigger PC games magazines and tell THEM how the gaming companies/server providers are treating their community. yes i'm thinking of the decline of Dyvet and GOA's seemingly "ignore and it will go away" mentality, but also in a more general term but the GOA situation is what made me start to ponder it, so uum,,, thanks? :p.

would probably be something worth considering now with them hosting WAR in europe, to let the game mags know exactly what the situation will be like on warhammer (or at least the English servers it anyway).

what i'm trying to say is if a "normal" company did what GOA is doing to as many ppl there would be headlines all over that country's press. imo i think its about damn time that we start this to.

good, bad?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I like it in the sense that it is justice.

They are fucks to us - we lower their profits.

It won't save DAoC but at least you can rest well knowing you may have stopped poor innocent souls from becoming a part of one of the worse companies you can encounter ;)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Agreed, sounds a good idea.

Think you could report them to trading standards? ;p

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed, sounds a good idea.

Think you could report them to trading standards? ;p

You should be able to tbh. They said things were being done/planned for the clustre when clearly there wasn't other than letting it rot away. Think it's call false advertisement?

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Dyvet has become the 'bastard child' Mythic and GOA wish they never had.

In the run up to WAR watch out for some interesting things that might happen to the server, last thing EA will want for a new MMO is lots of shitty posts on forums from pissed off Dyvet players.

I'm guessing the days of Dyvet are numbered.

Eble

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
i dont know why GOA just say 'fuckit!! - lets cluster with ze germans - most of the remaining plyers are there anyway!'

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
so anyway, you know ppl always go to the press and stuff when they feel they have been wrongly treated/discriminated/whatever, to force the companies to change so they wont get more bad press and stuff.

isn't it time we start doing the same? i mean, write to the bigger PC games magazines and tell THEM how the gaming companies/server providers are treating their community. yes i'm thinking of the decline of Dyvet and GOA's seemingly "ignore and it will go away" mentality, but also in a more general term but the GOA situation is what made me start to ponder it, so uum,,, thanks? :p.

would probably be something worth considering now with them hosting WAR in europe, to let the game mags know exactly what the situation will be like on warhammer (or at least the English servers it anyway).

what i'm trying to say is if a "normal" company did what GOA is doing to as many ppl there would be headlines all over that country's press. imo i think its about damn time that we start this to.

good, bad?

PLZ,PLZ,PLZ

DO SO...
and if u get a petition or anything, count me in for siding along.
GOA must go DOWN !!!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
PLZ,PLZ,PLZ

DO SO...
and if u get a petition or anything, count me in for siding along.
GOA must go DOWN !!!

i don't really have a way with words when it comes to this sort of things. i always get so worked up writing the shit down it always ends up so extremely abusive theres no hope of ever getting anyone to look at it seriously.

so i'm kinda hoping someone a little more level headed then me will find the time to write up the story of Dyvet and GOA, and also i haven't been all that active in the last year so i don't really have all the juicy stuff from as of late.

but i suppose i could write something up and mail away, but i don't think me doing that would get the attention it deserves.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Sorry to say this but this thread will become yet another whine consigned to the /ignore bin. If you read the news, it seems the new team are having some problems with the translation of 1.89 and until that's done, you are not likely to hear anything about further developments in my opinion.

- English -

Resident Freddy
well alot of ppl i know already decided to play the US servers and ignore Goa... its what i will be doing...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well alot of ppl i know already decided to play the US servers and ignore Goa... its what i will be doing...

sure, but that probably wont make GOA change for the better as the ppl that played on the english servers (and later the clusters) isnt all that many relatively speaking.

granted warhammer isnt even released yet so we dont have any idea on how its gonna be, but why give them a change to keep doing what they are currently doing in that game to?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sorry to say this but this thread will become yet another whine consigned to the /ignore bin. If you read the news, it seems the new team are having some problems with the translation of 1.89 and until that's done, you are not likely to hear anything about further developments in my opinion.

i dont care what GOA has to say anymore, i didn't make this thread for THEM to reply in it. evidently they aint doing a whole lot of anything even WHEN they have the time to, no matter what they say.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I am not quite so sure that they do have the time to say anything. My bet is that all resources have gone in to War atm. Only the GM's would be doing any work on DAOC atm along with the E&E's on the test server. Skeleton crew doing a skeleton crew's job. But that's only my guess :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom