Ok so getting zerged sucked.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
But it must be nice farmming low RR alb noob grps in your opted mid/hib ggs, my friend often said that mid and hib (he was a mid) had it eaiser in some respects as there is always a lot of low rr albs to farm

what say the rest of you to this view?

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
We all start from scratch, if your good you'll still win some with a low rr group - Keep playing and less whine.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Jeros said:
But it must be nice farmming low RR alb noob grps in your opted mid/hib ggs, my friend often said that mid and hib (he was a mid) had it eaiser in some respects as there is always a lot of low rr albs to farm

Buff up and try again.:fluffle:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Jeros said:

I'd say it's defenitely easier if you're in one of the lesser populated realms, and not even due to them having better classes or whatever, but simply having more to kill, and having fewer people add on your fight/kill stuff in the same area. Sure, if it turns out to be an extreme difference in numbers and you just get to fight zergs all the time, it won't be that interesting, but it should be easy as hell to get some nice rps by simply picking people off, the way some hib/mid groups seem to do with the alb zerg. If you're running a proper group, more enemies and fewer allies = more rps.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I'm certainly of the opinion that it was true in the past..

With the latest realm point patch that advantage has probably been reduced however, since the RR2's are now higher RR normally.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Do you expect other fgs to just ignore your group, because you are low RR?

I think you would agree that have a quick RR check before every one started fighting may be a little bit impractical at Skald Speed + Sprint.

Its hard enough to see if a group is engaged in a fight already.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well in some aspects yes...

Jeros said:

Well its definitly easier with more enemies out to kill and less adding from your own side. But the problem for Alb has always been that there are such a big amount of classes that are easy to solo with. That means that a big part of the Alb population seems to choose these classes rather than the more groupfriendly ones.

Hence the Alb Zerg. And for opted fgs the Alb zerg is ripe with alot of Rps to be had. The amount of rps given to a setgroup by FGs with Albs is just a drop in the ocean compared to the amount the same group gets from the Alb Zerg in total.

So even if they are nice classes to choose, I guess Alb as a realm would have benefitted alot if they didnt have DI buffbots, Firewizzards, scouts, and sorcs. (Well missunderstand me correctly here. The range + high damage combined with the healing/added hp breeds solers!:/ And the 2 latest "make firewizzes into even more of a instantkill soloclass, instead of giving them something groupfriendly powers"-patches has just made this even more evident in my view.

/Charmangle

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
would be very fun if goa reset all teh chars and start again by 1l1.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:
not really, it would be the same situation, the people who can play most and in guild grps will always be the highest rr and hardest to fight and those who cant play as much will be low rr

doesnt mean if your low rr you wont have fun. If you want to be an uber group pwning everyone you wont do it at low rr, but if you were pwning everyone then you would be the high rr group that "everyone" QQ's about, if you don't want to die to high rr groups that are better than you, simple, dont fight them. join a zerg.... or you could roam die to some groups and win against other groups.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Straef said:
I'd say it's defenitely easier if you're in one of the lesser populated realms, and not even due to them having better classes or whatever, but simply having more to kill, and having fewer people add on your fight/kill stuff in the same area. Sure, if it turns out to be an extreme difference in numbers and you just get to fight zergs all the time, it won't be that interesting, but it should be easy as hell to get some nice rps by simply picking people off, the way some hib/mid groups seem to do with the alb zerg. If you're running a proper group, more enemies and fewer allies = more rps.
hib seems to have higher rvr population tho :eek:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
SkarIronfist said:
Aye, you seem to be having some problems with that. And I suppose it's hard to see whether they're resting or just moving off from a previous fight aswell, eh?
Huntingtons said:
hib seems to have higher rvr population tho :eek:
Yeah, but you don't reroll for rvr, do you? You reroll so you don't have to camp arti spawns and such!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
SkarIronfist said:
Do you expect other fgs to just ignore your group, because you are low RR?

I think you would agree that have a quick RR check before every one started fighting may be a little bit impractical at Skald Speed + Sprint.

Where does he say anything about expecting his group to be ignored because its a lower RR to the others?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:

Then it would be like classic server with everyone rerolling on mid/hib and the only albs you'd see would be 101 sorc's.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
this game is all about , rock paper siccors, some setups work great vs others, and TEAMPLAY is important..

so rebuff and go again:D

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Jeros said:

another gry alb cry that labs are underpowerd.... stop rolling soo meny alts then

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Kaun_IA said:
another gry alb cry that labs are underpowerd.... stop rolling soo meny alts then

Are you as clueless as this post makes you look?

Where does he talk about class strengths in that post? I'm looking but I just can't see it.

Really, wtf :touch:

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
Where does he say anything about expecting his group to be ignored because its a lower RR to the others?

If you read what he is saying, then I believe he is implying it. Since why else bring it up ?

So try and read beyond the text and understand the underlying text.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
SkarIronfist said:
If you read what he is saying, then I believe he is implying it. Since why else bring it up ?

So try and read beyond the text and understand the underlying text.

Jeros said:

why else bring it up? if you read what he posted maybe you might see that he said "my friend often said that mid and hib had it easier as there is always alot of low rr albs to farm"

As in, there's almost always low rr albs about, but low rr mids and hibs, due to the smaller population, are not as common.

Nothing at all there about wanting his group to be ignored by higher RR's.

Its a question asking if people think that mids and hibs have it easier as they can farm the low rr zerg, as opposed to albs having it harder because there is no such low rr zerg to farm. You sure its me who needs to read the underlying text?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Jeez wtf guys? i was not comparing classes to other classes or whineing in any way, it was just a question to see what you all thought!

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Jeros said:
But it must be nice farmming low RR alb noob grps in your opted mid/hib ggs

ok THAT looked like whine but it was not ment to be :p

Gnor

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Then it would be like classic server with everyone rerolling on mid/hib and the only albs you'd see would be 101 sorc's.

Does that statement mean that you think sorc`s are overpowered ? :D

duact

Fledgling Freddie
there is enough clueless ppl in mid/hib to feed you rps as alb tbh.

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
It happens all day mate... and not only to Albs.

Examples: I am playing Mid atm, was lvl37 in DF.

#1 we were at Mid X-Road and I was killed by a NS... friendly guildy came with BB-specced shaman to rezz and we had our fun trying to duo the drinkers (ora/red to lvl50). The NS came back. We spotted him behind a pillar and tried to pop him. Succeded and he fled from us!!! From a BB shaman and a lvl37 Valky! Poor guy, really - I pity him. All he did was running back to rebuff and then wait till we were in mid-fight to try PAing the Shaman - this time he didn't ran away but killed us. Yay. I looked him up - RR8 NS. /ponder At least he could have TRIED for a fight... but he just zerged, his pants still full from the first unlucky attempt.

#2 I was solo unbuffed and fought yellow/blue con to me Avernal quasits - was really on way out because Albs got DF and I expected to be steamrolled... While I was fighting (had 3 mobs on me - so took some time) a RR4 infil came, watched, stealthed and while I was still infight PA'd me.

I consider both as being zerged. In both cases we or I alone were no match, I was attacked infight and the stealthers could have easily slain me without CS stuff.

So as others said... it happens. Would be nice though if everybody would try to THINK a bit before just add and zerg, but I doubt it will never happen.

So sad.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Jor said:
Examples: I am playing Mid atm, was lvl37 in DF.

just fyi, your yellow to the hibs/albs at lvl 36+ untill your dead (then they see your real con) so cant realy blame them. except for beeing cowards :kissit:

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
@Basic_X
I didn't knew this before, but a guildie told me so some days ago. Yes - that's a problem... so thanks for the tip.

But if some1 fights grey con mobs... even if he/she con's yellow to you there are chances that that player is way lower than you (/wave at Infil).

All I wanted to show is that everybody can tell such stories here, in every realm and everybody dislikes it! Being zerged is... well... bad. In all three realms.

RvR is very fast these days... make it a little slower... don't kill/add on sight on every possible occasion - everybody can try to do something for this game and help starting/doing some NICE fights instead of insta-kills and stuff. It's like a soldier pointing a gun at you - firing and when you are dead saying "Ooop" or "Hands up". Take a look first... then engage. Only my 2 cents.

So again... it happens *passesCookiesAndTea*. I can understand the frustration.

See you ingame! /wave

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
tbh cba to read what every1 posted but the grp i ran in (on my caba) last night made 96K so .. not just the mids/hibs GGs killing
(and no i wasnt in a GG)

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i think its the same for all three realms, if your a low RR/PuG group then its hard as most of the time you will meet a high RR group or the zerg, both of which will kill you.
Chances of meeting a similar level group is poor as its far more likely they(or you) will meet a high RR group first.
Ive found its normally a lot more fun when the High RR groups head off to agramon as you have more chance of meeting a group that doesnt wipe you in 10 seconds.

Jor: If you appear yellow(36+) then you are a valid target, in your example when you were fighting drinkers with a shaman you cant really blame the NS for running when found as they were at a big disadvantage against two people.
And of course the old saying that if your in an RvR area you cant really complain if someone kills you.

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Aran Thule said:
Jor: If you appear yellow(36+) then you are a valid target, in your example when you were fighting drinkers with a shaman you cant really blame the NS for running when found as they were at a big disadvantage against two people.
And of course the old saying that if your in an RvR area you cant really complain if someone kills you.

/OOT
Sure Aran (heyas btw) I know... but he was RR8... you know? /ponder He could have easily slain us... even unbuffed. Why not run a bit, stealth and come back immediately? Maybe it's just me to /shrug and /ponder here...
/OOT off

That lvl36+ thingie is really good to know... anyway - don't want to add other stuff here really.

Sleep tight all - see you ingame!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom