OK, I need info coz I'm a complete n00b.

S

ShockingAlberto

I actually found compiling a kernal to be fairly fun :) At any rate, it didn't take as long to compile as WINE did.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by ShockingAlberto
I actually found compiling a kernal to be fairly fun :) At any rate, it didn't take as long to compile as WINE did.

Don't get out much do ya ;)

P

Predator3

Windows2000 and redhat72 work fine together and is a very nice combination.
I first installed winME then win2000 and then redhat 72
Redhat automaticly installed its bootloader on mbr...

WindowsXP and Suse74 is another story :p

S

Stazbumpa

For my next trick.......

Erm... I got Red Hat on a cover disk as it happens in 3 .iso image files. I hear that if I just copy them to a CD as per usual it will work but I'm not sure. The copying software is Nero v5 (ish), so is there anything that I need to do?

TdC, er...help!!!

T

Testin da Cable

an "iso" is a [the standard iso9660] filesystem specification that cdroms use.
You will need a burn proggy that knows what an iso is [so that it will burn the 'content' of the iso rather than the file itself.
Any proggy that upholds the standerd will do.
You will need to tell nero that you're going to burn an image or 'raw' file or something like that. you could also try doubleclicking on the isofile to see what application windows has associated with it [or not heh ;)]

if that fails, iirc, the guys over at goldenhawk.com make a fine proggy called cdrwin that works nicely

Good Luck!

S

Stazbumpa

/me rubs TdC

Cheers bud :)

Put Win 2K on my server today as a test and it took 4 attempts to get the bloody thing on. I think I got a fooked copy of Win 2K coz when I finally got everything on it took me to 2 goes to get HL on and I gave up after the 3rd attempt at sticking the 1107-1108 patch on it.

Something is very wrong.

T

Testin da Cable

hehe no prob Staz :)
btw, good luck with that server. seems skrewd to me eep

S

Stazbumpa

it is. we have discovered that the mobo appears bolloxed on the grounds that when we plug the HD into another system everything works first time round.

Need new mobo for AMD K62 500 CPU :(. Or upgrade my own sytem and stick the CPU/mobo into my server :)

O

old.©h®°n°

a) do a dual boot so you can use programs that dont run on windows.
b) the necessary preperations can be setup by using partition magic 7 (this can be "aquired" from Morpheus (www.musiccity.com) for free)

Also, just out of interest what games, that you all know run under Linux?

I only thought Half-Life and MOD's did but I may indeed be wrong.

Thanks

S

Sar

I haven't had 1 single BSOD since running XP, and that's been about 2 months now.

HUZZAH

:clap:

:D

O

old.Y-it-Earp

Nor me muhahahah it locked up once however but that was cos system resources was running low as i was pusing 128mb of ram to the limits lol

S

]SK[

win2k all the way

If you want to learn linux dualboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom