Ok, how do people want the servers?

F

FragFodder

Hi all

Just a quick post to ask...

If you could have the public servers configured in any particular way with any particular mod, then what would you like?

The way I see it is... We have servers sat there empty and most of us have subs, so why the hell aint we playing on them and why dont we take the time to get them the way we want them?! :)

FF

J

[JKoN]KOSH

omni or vadmin but ive traced my dead jk2 install to onmi :(

S

S3-FluKe

Pretty much as they are now gametype-wise.
Although the force/weapons settings could do with some tweaking, dont see me using them all that often really but I almost definately wont use em atm with things like weapons-duel that noone plays.
Only gametype I'd change is the jedi master server, probably to some other novelty crap like omnimod or something.

F

FragFodder

hehe k m8 :)

BTW if anyone from Barrysworld is reading this....

When's the community server scheme being launced? I need control (other than rcon which get reset every 24 hours or so) over those servers!

FF

B

Bazerka

Originally posted by FragFodder1
hehe k m8 :)

BTW if anyone from Barrysworld is reading this....

When's the community server scheme being launced? I need control (other than rcon which get reset every 24 hours or so) over those servers!

FF

I'll speak with Deathace once he returns from his holidays next week.

- Jase.

R

RSO:Gray

Hummm i want a duel [1] cfg to be like the uptodate duelsday cfgs
and running a duelsday_mappack that im starting work on :)
or default maps excluding duel_bespin cos that map sux

FFA [1] servers should run admin mod sabers only low force.

jedimaster server should be removed and replaced with anougher ffa server
CTF should be no force sabers only.
duel [2] should be low force default maps admin mod 0 kick dmg

all FFA servers should have kickdmg set to 3.0 only 0 is to silly cos kick wouldnt be used

we should have a lameing server with BOTS that stand around chatting so we can chatkill without suffering lamer quotes :)

S

S3-FluKe

Great idea, could be like UT2003s new invasion mode except you'd have to kill wave after wave of chatty whiners :)

Personally I'd prefer full kick for FFA (1.0) & no kick for Duel (Duels Day config server sounds good)

B

bigfoot

For now we have cut the number of servers down to 4. However, to balance this out we are giving control of the configuration of the servers over to FF & his team, this means at the moment every server is down (or was, I ran a couple of test bookings so a couple of the might be up) but over the next couple of days we will sort this out so FF & co. can set them up just as they want. So keep your suggestions coming :>.

Y

Yoni

:)

Personally with my subs head on I would prefer

1] TFFA Vadmin g_tracesaberfirst 0
g_ghoul2collision 0
jump attack defence only
kick damage taken to 0
friendly fire on
ie TFFA 2v2 league settings

2] FFA Omnimod g_tracesaberfirst 0
g_ghoul2collision 0
full force
g_privateduel 1
all commands enabled for sitting snogging
hugging etc

3] Duel Vadmin first to 3 then next player enters
change of maps regularly
g_tracesab........ 0
g_ ghoul2......... 0
no weapons
attack defend jump only force
no kick

4] CTF Weapons
FF on
full force
g_trace............ 0
g_ghoul............ 0

if we get our other servers back :p

5] FFA Vadmin as above but with ghoul2 on for those who like it

6] Sabercode server as per the old GR sabercode

right thats enough for a Saturday morning

:sex:

Yoni

R

humm 4 servers
this is a little unfair but i can see why cos of the lack of JK2 players.
but i hope when the servers pack out we get some more servers back, well i would think all servers will get a few more back cos of the money Game.net is supost to be making now.
I wonder how many game.net new subscribers there are
oh and bigfoot is there a way you can find out who the n00b game.net subs are ??? PLEASE.
i just want to turn them to JK2 asap so we can have packed servers.

man i quit q3f to play this game full time :)

F

FragFodder

Making Sticky

We have control over the servers...

What do you lot want?

FF

R

would it be cheaky to say a DD5 server running the duelsday_2_1 map all the time :)

one ffa sabers only low force [no dark/light forces or saber throw]

one Tffa bwjk2l setting
& lastly
one duel server sabers only no force [maps pit, temple, training hangar & carbon only]

anything eles is up to you @:)

F

FragFodder

Originally posted by RSO:Gray
would it be cheaky to say a DD5 server running the duelsday_2_1 map all the time :)

one ffa sabers only low force [no dark/light forces or saber throw]

one Tffa bwjk2l setting
& lastly
one duel server sabers only no force [maps pit, temple, training hangar & carbon only]

anything eles is up to you @:)

Duel1 is setup for DD config. I'll add your map to the rotation and allow client downloading.

Duel 2 is setup to duels, no force (attack defence jump only) map rotation is all the defaults except Duel_Bespin

TFFA 1 Is the BWJK2L Config, however I'm thinking of changing it to the 2v2 config which is essentially the same except for force and ghoul2

The only remaining server is the Omni Mod server, I'm looking into other settings for that. Keep the requests comming. I'm half considering making it a weapons server for those who are that way inclined.

FF

R

well that tffa is omnimod "WHY??" i mean i only downloaded omnimod yesterday and i see no point in RPG fps games
if people want a SW rpg wait for KotoR or SWG :)

outher then that frag i think all servers should run admin mod now and have all emotes disabled apart from amwave :)

kick dmg on the duel servers should be set to 0.25 but the tffa and ffa should only be set to 3 not anylower as kick is a main part of FFA as it would be borning if you couldnt kill with kick

D

Damage

I kinda agree with Yoni's settings, only I think that g_privateduel should be set to "0" cos if they want to Duel that much they can go to server 3] imo

R

"OH YEAH!"
yep damage i aggree too i missed that too
privetduels just inforce that whole saber code thing that populated the jolt servers that makes it totaly fagish tbh

remove g_privateduel
wonder if theres an anti camp comand so that if some one sticks around for more then 10 seconds they get the anticamp kill command like some quake 2 servers :)
that would stop any sort of chatting :)

S

Shaft

I believe I saw that somewhere on some JK2 server.

D

Damage

heh that sounds like Half Life: Counter Strike aswell Gray...

I dont have anything against players who chat ingame, only that if the server is set as g_privateduel "1" it screws up the FFA gametype, everyone has sabre down and some darkies start to grip you while you dont attack them cos their sabre is down.

R

yep, big problem on jolt that is :)
[/me shouldnt discuss jolt though]

STOP THE CHATTERS NOW!!

F

FragFodder

On the flip side, I like the idea of private duels.

I think we should implement some form of server rule where anyone in that server is fair game (even with saber down). So unless they're actually in a saber duel they're playing.

Chat kills will not be tollorated however, Grey your views and inclination to chat killing is a well document and often laminated fact of JK2 law. But you cant claim that noone should be allowed to chat. Granted the server isn't a chat room, but communities are built in the servers as well as in IRC. The chat box is there for a reason, and whilst they're in chat mode they cant halm anyone so leave them alone.

Finally to be 100% blunt, if anyone maliciously chat killed me in a server where I had the rcon, they wont be in there for much longer.

Any questions?

FF

D

Damage

But if you allow Duels in a FFA server with all those snogging commands like Kiss/sit/dance. There wont be anyone play the FFA gametype. I've seen it on quite some servers.

Rules would help, but there will be times when there's no Admin around to make sure everyone doesnt deny these rules.

I also agree that you cant forbid people to chat at all, the players also need to be able to get new JK2 friends or get in contact with a Clan thru chatting in a public. I only have a problem with Chatkillers

F

FragFodder

We can selectivly disable the am commands thats not a problem.

If we post a message in the MOTD line saying something like "Saber Down but you're still a legit target" then people can do what they please and they can't moan if they're killed :)

FF

S

Shaft

Duels enabled in a FFA server makes the server lose it''s actual gametype.

I've seen this on quite some servers, the other day I was playing in the TG server for example. from the 14 players there, only 2 where dueling, and the rest was fucking about, chatkilling, disturbing that duel.

The only reason it went to real FFA as becoz I started killing people, of course they had their saber on when i did it and went a bit mad @ me (for nothing, since it was FFA and they h qd their sabers on) and so they all ran after meh, and it went back to FFA :D

The point is, privateduel makes an FFA server lose it's gametype.

R

jepp

i mean this topic was made in the jolt forums and is a real good complaint that people have, i mean raven has a 1 privetduel @ a time default rule and adminmod takes this rule away.
the server admins need to lisen to there players insead of dictate how they should play. so far as i have seen Game.net shouldnt be anything like any of the Free servers, for one atleast i know i can talk to the admins on equal ground insead of beeing ignored OR looked down on. I like to feel that GAME.jk2 is my home server and i like to see the players on it be as respectfull to the server & its players as i think i am. :) [please no smart comments about what i said thanks]

S

Shaft

I totally agree Gray. I think that is what most of us want, but there are some that so desperatly need to screw it for the rest.. :(

F

FragFodder

Ok hint taken

Duel (2) has been scrapped. I've replaced it with:

FFA (1) Saber Only, No Force

Jedi Knight 2 / Vulcanus Admin Mod / Free For All (All day, every day) on server gnsvr63.game.net:28071 (213.221.174.230:28071)

Saber only, no force and no private duel.

FF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom