OK cabbies, enough is enough.

A

Apathy

I don't mind cabalists ruining my exping and cash farming. Most of them are such amateurs that all you have to do to get rid of them is slap a DNR order on their dead asses and laugh and laugh.

a.

O

old.LandShark

Hmm :p
When i first started tangling I was not merely dying a load but also having to run through other ppl with gobs on me a lot, and having to beg for rezzes a fair amount.
Past 2 days of /played time = 3 deaths, all due to lag :p
and now i try to know who's in my run-away path, so i can tell em that trained gobs are inc. As my buffbot (currently char I'm PLing) gets higher, the dex buffs are becoming good enough for me to ALWAYS get 3 or 4 DOTs on the gobs before i turn to run, meaning they die very very fast and training is pretty rare.

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by Tilda
yeah i agree pretty much with Delket.
if albion wants cabbys to change their attitude at tanglers, then albion needs to change its attitude to cabalists for the 46 levels before tanlgers.

Tilda

Please remember not ALL Cabbys come from the post farm gobbos era.

Some Cabalists actually levelled themselves other ways. Even in groups. They reached 50 before the Cabalist craze started and before people realised what an addition to group they are.

I had the pleasure of grouping with a Cabalist many times before the new craze started, although sadly he is semi retired now.

So if you see one of the old school Cabby's about please dont tar them with the same brush.

L

leorin

zzzz...apathys childish posts as usual.

Grped with u in emain a few times apathy and i have seen quite alot many better sorcs then u. But keep going , u r day will come when u can be as good as others . gl ;)

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Belomar
Normal goblin spawn spots, i.e. those lacking tanglers, will never give group bonus when they are killed, and the group bonus is what makes the tanglers so good for powerlevelling after around level 42 (grouped) or 44-45 (when soloing and PLing yourself).

Besides, the Cornwall Goblins are awkwardly situated on top of a hill, making it difficult to get clean pulls (always visibility things), and the repop rate is slower.

Thats pretty much my point... cabalists can still get good xp with a pull of 20 mobs at 11mil per kill, where as forcing a normal fg to exp somewhere like that sucksm cabalists ruin the exp for many other people if they camp tangs all day long and (IMO of course) it sucks, its not helping your realm and playing as a team (That is kinda the object of the game). Its putting yourself above that of other people who need the exp.

F

Flimgoblin

Firstly, I have nothing against powerlevelling. I also have nothing against soloing, and of course believe that everyone has a right to do both.

However, I completely disagree with the way that certain wizards now feel that, during primetime playing hours, they can pull entire spawns for themselves repeatedly, leaving nothing for people who are actually levelling up to exp from.

No doubt someone clever will pop up and say that I've refused to give over my spot at the advisors while powerlevelling my sorceror. However, I and others that use the spot recognise that you can split the spawn comfortably in half so that someone else can exp/PL as well.

does this include nuking someone elses pulls and demanding they leave your camp?

but anyway :)

T

Tilda

Originally posted by old.LandShark
As my buffbot (currently char I'm PLing) gets higher, the dex buffs are becoming good enough for me to ALWAYS get 3 or 4 DOTs on the gobs before i turn to run, meaning they die very very fast and training is pretty rare.

The problem with that is, as I found that if they die too close to the tree, they will call for help and you will get about 5 full health ads after you :(

Tilda

A

Adralend

I've seen far to many times where Cabbys just barge in and pull a whole spot. So I dont really complain much anymore.

O

old.LandShark

Yes great adralend thanks for the contribution, this thread really needed bumping ^^
Can we just conclude that cabas who just run in and start pulling = cunts and the rest = not cunts? K

A

Adralend

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Yes great adralend thanks for the contribution, this thread really needed bumping ^^

Bored at work, and I look so bussy when I write stuff mkay?

O

old.Ramas

, a cabalist can still get decent exp elsewhere without tanglers, for example cornwall gobo's r very rarely camped.

You know, the funny thing I find about these threads is that this point often comes up. But no-one ever seems to be able to think of even 1 example of this 'decent exp' - particularly interesting as cabs everywhere would be glad to hear about this 'decent exp' after 1.54. Me espeicially. Obviously the cornwall example is nonsense because...

1) It is always camped. Though admittedly not always overcamped.

2) It has no tanglers.

As for the general thread...

1) It's quite rude to steal an entire spawn point from people who are already levelling there. Whether you are solo or not isn't really the issue, nor is whether you are powerlevelling or not...

2)... but equally people would do well to realise that most spawn points in this game can feed more than one group.

3) People at any number of other locations around alb could learn this as well.

4) There are better spaces for xp in albion if you have a balanced group (DM is the most obvious), espeicially so after 1.54, though admittedly tanglers is the place you will most readily find a group.

5) It's also worth remembering just how long an aoedot pull takes. It has happened many a time that...

- cabbie pulls.
- cabbie runs off with goblins in tow.
- group arrives.
- group pulls.
- cabbie returns from pull.
- cabbie pulls.
- sillyness and barry's whine threads ensue.

PS. As for my own cabbie she has never, and now likely will never, pull a tangler posse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom