Oi mids! question for you....

O

old.mattshanes

Have any of you done "lost gem of the dwarven king" quest? was just wondering on step 6, is the treasure box in dellingsted?because they are aggro to me, wonder how many i have to kill o_O

Anyone done this?was exp good and reward?

Thanks.

K

kalgarn

no idea,never done the quest so doubt the reward was good :p
so i'm pretty much just postfarming and getting your hope up that i had an answer.
bbi :D

P

panzer_ulv

Spoiler:

1) Speak to Abjorn in Hagell
2) Recieve Long Beards's Necklace and seek Ornulf in Delling Crater
3) Find Ornulf East of Dellingstad at the first steam vent. Depending on your faction, talk and/or kill Ornulf (28,700, 60,200) and recieve the tablet and a note to Abjorn
4) Abjorn's note explains that you have to kill 3 named golems inside the crater. One of each type, Pumice/Basalt/Obsidian:

-Smastein (19k by 43k) underneath the North stairs (yellow con @ 50)
-Klippe (13k by 47.6k S/SW from Smastein (blue con @ 50)
-Kampestein (17k by 51k) NW of the Southern stairway (green con @ 50) (Kampstein has also been seen at 10k by 50k, near the crater wall)

5) Read Orlyg's map to find the chest.

The Tablet reads:

The Orlyg's stone map reads, "Looking at the map you see a picture of a bird-type creature next to an arrow whose tip touches the edge of a large outer circle. Next to the arrow are runes that spell out 'south'. line leads from the arrow into the outer circle and zigzags until it touches an inner circle, an arrow points southeast to a double zigzag
line next to a tiny circle. On the far side of the outer circle is a crude drawing of a dwarf next to a hut."

I actually found the chest when I hopped into one of the crevices near the eastern steam vents (21,233, 46,530). You can not find the chest if you are in stealth mode. The chest added around 500 encumbrance when dropped into my inventory. I used the golem keys (Shift-E and hotbar) and got the gem.

7) Put on Longbeard's necklace and you will be instantly ported back to Hagell.

8) Return to Abjorn Onefoot and finish the quest

Reward
--Reward with lvl 49 is 2.128.739.207 exp
Recieved 3 Gold and 2,445,279,232 xp at lvl 50. A friend who did it at 46 got roughly 1.4 billion

and a choice of gems that add to:

Blue - +3 parry, +2 Axe, +6 str, +12 hit points
Green - 3 Mend/4 Pow/4 Pty/ 9 Hits
Yellow - Stealth/Dex/Sword
Black - Darkness/Pty/Pwr
Orange - 3 H2H/2 Parry/6 Str/12 Hits
White - hammer 3, parry 2, str 6, hits 12

L

lissandra

yeah, same for me, i was in a crevice searching for the box, had to run around in same place for like 5 mins before he automatically found it

B

Brunore

Originally posted by lissandra
i was in a crevice searching for the box

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAHAHAHAAHHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

69's are evil to the underexperianeced

fuk my spellin

M

mid_Efour

that quest is utterly crap if you`re 50 already dont even bother

F

-foadon-

i did it with my shaman cus i couldnt be arsed to xp, it turned out to be a bad choice, i think i spent 3 hours doing the quest for 0.75 bubs at 46, and the reward isnt worth it, and neither is the xp, the caldera has way too much aggro to go search your mobs in it,

M

Mikal

the box is in the crater not in dellingstad

and this is a good quest for exp, the item is crap, but it's like 2.5 billion exp at lvl 49 (about twice as much as the other SI quests) and if you know your way around and read a spoiler for the quest it's easy to do without aggro, only aggro I have inadvertenly gotton during all three times I have done the quest was 2 blue con skeletons

F

-foadon-

twice as much xp as other SI quests?

catlas downfall : 3.3 Billion Experience near the end, 12 gold and some copper, 2 bracers of your choice as listed:

to my knowledge this quest is much more xp then the lost gem one, also ancestral secrets is more

and if you only had 2 times aggro, then you were lucky, the nameds u have to kill are on places where alot of other mobs are

M

Mikal

Catlas downfall might be the exception, ancestral secrets is definitely less exp at lvl 49, so is hidden maps, and first step of mammoth hunt. (ok, it's more exp than 2½ other quest maybe that was a bad example)

but true, I might have aggroed some of the pumice golems at the north stair, those critters practically camp the ladder for players :) but never anything worse than the blue skeletons. The crater is not really that hard to navigate, and having done the quest three times, I know where the mobs are and there's no classes that can't pull by itself, so there's no reason not to bring the questmobs to a safespot and avoid the rest of the aggro.

Anyway, if you do it to avoid exp'ing at lvl 49 and combine it with the other quests in that area, hidden maps in NE D.Crater, first part of mammoth hunt in NE gripklosa, maybe first part of stoneheart just east of the crater, you don't have to run back and forth that much and it wont take long.
3 hours just for gem of the dwarven king is definitely too long, I would guess it can be done in less than 1 hour if you know how, and can find your way around

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom