Oh Why?! Why Me?!

J

Jaem

Why are some people in this game so god damn rude to ignore you?
for example I've asked 2 groups today, different times, if they had space, need a a member, blah blah, need a suck ranger, and silence, not a yes not a no we don't need you, just nothing.

I wanted to get away from mid/pry cause of this, yet I find same thing in hib/excal, just supprised how plain rude people can be.

Yes I'm in a shite mood, so I've come to whine on BW, like rest of the prats.

I'm tired of soloing in this game, why won't people group me?

:'(

B

boni_ofdavoid

The sad truth is that a ranger isnt a good group character, you dont fit into a pb group anywhere, and arent much help in a tank group. If your unknown and a ranger, well you have the odds well against you.

Do yourself a favour, if you want groups to invite you and are upset at how you are getting treated roll a group specced character now and save yourself all the disapointment of years of 'lfg'.

Better still go find some stealthers and a BB and enjoy what your class is best at.

If we are just talking expwise, well get used to soloing..., why should a group invite you? Your a ranger which is about as much use as wet fish for exping, your dmg is poor vs high mobs, you cant tank to save your life. No exp group in their right mind is ever 'looking' for a ranger youll have to live on handouts and favours till your 50...

D

diabien_hib

what boni said

try rolling a druid/mana eld/mana chanter

S

sharon_corr

Well, what boni said... is sadly true :/ yet unmistakably false in the same time.

Pbaoe chanters were as ignored in a long, forgotten past, exactly because of the same reason, they wouldnt fit in the group. After people (and the patches) got aware of the problem, HIbernia is now so full of mana chanters, it even makes me sick! (thats why i play a light chanter as my mage alt, among other things)

Few know, however, that the crit shot of a ranger acts exactly in the same way as the pbaoe, it divides the aggro among the group members. As such, in _classic_ groups, rangers are now the best pullers ever.

As for you, Jaem, i can only advise you to find a few fellow stealthers (nightshades and other rangers), a voidy or a mentie, eventually if you can also find a bardie (can be even lower level that you, actually, you only need the end song after all) and you can create a nice and suitable group. The key is... YOU need to start it. DO a /who <your level> or /who nightshade, or who /ranger or look on the LFG list and try and make your own group. This is the best way to get rid of the endless soloing or waiting. Take matters into your own hands :)

Cheers,
//Shaz

K

k0ugar

or do what i did, and make a grp char 1st, then a crappy ghey char which no one likes 2nd. eg.. my scout, seeing as i made a cleric 1st i knew alot of ppl so gladly didnt get given the massive list of excuses 4 not being invited, but i still found it hard. im lvl 40 and do u really want to know how long its taken me to get him there? and its in months. not days. i havent had the blessing of a necro to PL me.

J

Jaem

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
and arent much help in a tank group.

with some buffs I can tank orange con, who says I can't tank?

roll a group specced character now and save yourself all the disapointment of years of 'lfg'.

I did, had to solo also, got to 50 and nerfed.

If we are just talking expwise, well get used to soloing

Think I've got pretty damn sick of soloing, after almost 4 to 50, (40-50 malmo) 20-43 and yet another 20-43.

And I've found group charactors, spend 7/10 of their time sitting at their PK or running solo.

I'd say I was a casual player, I put alot of effect into playing the game, but I just get knocked back and back, people just ignoring me, etc, really depressing. :<

R

Ravenbourne

I soloed my ranger to 50, it hard, very hard but it pays out big in the end

K

k0ugar

dude, dont worry about it, like raven said, it pays out big time.. its so much fun sticking a arrow in sum persons arse. may sound evil.. but it makes u feel soooo good :p keep playing, and if u get knocked bk, find something new to do like crafting, or indeed find a new area to xp with a grp, ull find one, just keep looking.

ulimately ull be the one laughing m8. stealth chars are the best, id say archers are more fun, tho im slightly biased :p anyway. good luck, cu around possibly :)

O

old.Kerosene

I've found that sometimes while I've been in groups someone asks and the reason no-one replies is either..

1) The group leader is afk and no-one else thinks it's their responsibility to reply

or

2) They are too busy discussing whether to take you, contacting other people who might be on the way and things like that.

or

3) They are just so ignorant that they can't be arsed to just say 'Sorry mate, your class is shit and we're getting uber xp'

I know what it's like to be ignored and it happens too often but you've just gotta roll on with it and forget it.

C

Ceap

tho it may be stiring the kettle a bit much...

rangers + ns tank (with shield OFC) tres bien... with the PBT of a warden that is... from back when warden's were required in grps... now its pointless trying to grp/tank in pve (unless yer ranger got MR5 that is :p )

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Jaem
with some buffs I can tank orange con, who says I can't tank?

You might be able to take an orange con solo, pulling with bow from range and then meleeing, but for good exp most full groups will require that you tank a purple. A ranger with aggro is a danger, your health drops very fast indeed, meaning the healers have to heal more, risking aggro on them and increasing downtime, and thats when groups get wiped. Believe me I have played in a lot of groups with ranger tanks and its all relative, rangers can tank some mobs (slash dmg mobs say), but your last choice out of all the classes that can claim to 'tank' and everyone you meet / ask for a group in rvr or pve knows this.
Even good tanks like Hero or Champs are having a tough time in pve with all the focus pulling. If a shield specced hero cant get a group... what chance do you have?

If your determined to get your ranger to 50 and rvr then youll need another solution:-

Find a good guild, a stealther friendly one. Most rvr on excal is guild based, youll find just as big a problem when you get to 50, you may as well work on that problem now. Im pretty sure there are a couple of stealther guilds here.

Learn to tell jokes / make lots of regular friends. I used to group with a ranger regularly cause he made me laugh, and the exp time flew by. Random groups wont want you, but real friends will always have a space for you.

The advice I give guildies is roll a grp specced character and have a stealther alt. There will be times when youll be able to log your ranger on, and it will give you a break from the fustration of leveling a very difficult class.

-

Oh and I do sympathise, my first character was a void mage, I leveld him back when there was no SC, no DF, no SI, no RAs, no 'looking for group pannel', no pl, and it took far more exp. I got sick of people asking me if I was a mana mage and just went out and soloed to 50 on yellow/oj mobs unbuffed. Its the path that most rangers end up taking, though at least these days you can take advantage of potions, ra's, sc, etc. etc.

V

VodkaFairy

What people are saying here is bullshit tbh :p

Ranger can tank just as good as any other class in the game for a pbae group, sure they take more damage, but looking at pbae groups downtime its the mages who need the most rest, not the healers.

Try making groups, 3 tanks 2 pbae druid/bard/warden on a regular basis and you will earn

1) lots of exp
2) lots of friends and respect
3) lots of fun (this should have been #1)

Sure it takes time, but if you care so much about daoc you come to BW to make a cry-post ( no offence ) you should be able to invest time in making daoc more enjoyable and rewarding.

Good luck :)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by VodkaFairy

Try making groups, 3 tanks 2 pbae druid/bard/warden on a regular basis and you will earn

Any idea how hard it is right now for a ranger to persuade 2pbs a druid bard and warden to do a grp that doesnt involve healing an underhill ally? Your suggestion of form the perfect (appart from tanks) pb group is a lot easier said than done.

I recon your gonna have to settle for a bard and druid well below your level, and youll probably have to go for one non pb mage and one lowbie pb mage. If the tauntings not there, or your pb goes off too early or any of the 101 other cockups that can happen with a pb grp happens you need to rely on your tanks to do more than just taunt for 3 swings otherwise then wipeout and the rezzeing starts, then the bard gets called to a fins grp and the chanter decides he wants to start a pet pull grp...all that effort gone to waste... pain... soloing is easier if your a pve gimp, it takes no time to get going and is steady reliable exp for as long as you can hack it.

T

tomee

I solod my nightshade to 50 apart from a few TS raids god it took time but a lot of patience and u will get there.

I had same probs NS not wanted in grps either

V

VodkaFairy

Any idea how hard it is right now for a ranger to persuade 2pbs a druid bard and warden to do a grp that doesnt involve healing an underhill ally? Your suggestion of form the perfect (appart from tanks) pb group is a lot easier said than done.

I recon your gonna have to settle for a bard and druid well below your level, and youll probably have to go for one non pb mage and one lowbie pb mage. If the tauntings not there, or your pb goes off too early or any of the 101 other cockups that can happen with a pb grp happens you need to rely on your tanks to do more than just taunt for 3 swings otherwise then wipeout and the rezzeing starts, then the bard gets called to a fins grp and the chanter decides he wants to start a pet pull grp...all that effort gone to waste... pain... soloing is easier if your a pve gimp, it takes no time to get going and is steady reliable exp for as long as you can hack it.

:rolleyes:

Let's solo to 50 without a buffbot. Seriously, making a group is easier than it seems. Just look at the LFG list in the afternoon or so, plenty of classes to pick from. So far I've never failed making a group.. sure it can be annoying at times but if you tell people what to do and just get proper classes there's no problem at all.

From my own experience I can making groups is easy, and rewarding. At least its better than coming to BW to cry.

:p

ps- yes I know how hard it is. My main problem was actually to find tanks, and I used rogues often enough. In some group I made I invited an animist who had this nice bladeturn spell, its really uber. I'd take an animist over a warden & druid combined any day but not many people know about this spell =/

J

Jaem

Originally posted by VodkaFairy

This is how Midgard PBAE groups work, none of the focus crap, someone pulls, melee classes taunt like crazy, sm's run in pbae the hell outa them.

Hib relies focus pulls way to much imo, I'm looking forward for the dmg shield to be nerf'd tbh, will give melee classes a chance to group, other then just healers and mana chanters. You got to admit it, why even make groups? lets all roll mana chanters witha menta/bard bot, or hey why not just forget the bard and use a mentalist outside of the group.

You might be able to take an orange con solo, pulling with bow from range and then meleeing

I disagree, I've been tanking orange con, like I said before, but just plain melee, never mentioned bow, with bow, its even easier, 1 critshot, 400dmg, 20-40% hp gone, and then wack it hitting about 2spd in melee.

Oh and I do sympathise, my first character was a void mage, I leveld him back when there was no SC, no DF, no SI, no RAs, no 'looking for group pannel', no pl, and it took far more exp.

You wouldn't know ofc, but my 1st char in game was a critblade, also before SC also before SI etc etc. I had to solo 1-40ish using mostly blue con, needing to PA combo, no misses or die. I've tried a RC runie, bolts pretty good, considering, if you miss you just cc nuke or run, as caster plays from a distance and able to 2-3 hit yellow con, I'd say void was easier. BUT thats just my opinion.

Last night I was very pised off, had alil bit to drink, but hope people know about how people treat each other etc in game when you play something other then a mana chanter etc.

S

Spamb0t

1 critshot, 400dmg, 20-40% hp gone

20-40% hp gone on an orange with a critshot?
thats alot better then my ranger can do! :(

V

VodkaFairy

This is how Midgard PBAE groups work, none of the focus crap, someone pulls, melee classes taunt like crazy, sm's run in pbae the hell outa them.

Hib relies focus pulls way to much imo, I'm looking forward for the dmg shield to be nerf'd tbh, will give melee classes a chance to group, other then just healers and mana chanters. You got to admit it, why even make groups? lets all roll mana chanters witha menta/bard bot, or hey why not just forget the bard and use a mentalist outside of the group.

Why even make groups? Because you want go get exp don't you? And have fun with your ranger? :rolleyes:

I disagree, I've been tanking orange con, like I said before, but just plain melee, never mentioned bow, with bow, its even easier, 1 critshot, 400dmg, 20-40% hp gone, and then wack it hitting about 2spd in melee.

Show people you can do that kind of damage ingame :p

Last night I was very pised off, had alil bit to drink, but hope people know about how people treat each other etc in game when you play something other then a mana chanter etc.

:p

D

Demolay

Keep at it mate - good fun in the end - why everyone in such a rush these days ? :)

P

PJS

You just have to meet the right sort. Some people forget that not every character walking around is a NPC without feelings.

I will quite happily invite total strangers to my focus pull groups even if they are 'useless' to the group. Here is just one example that I would be pleasantly surprised to find any other Hib chanter on excal willing to do.

I was in the bottom of CM with my nearly 48 chanter and my nearly 46 druid bot doing the weeweres which I could solo easily and get my levels on both fairly quickly. I had no "need" or reason other than compassion to invite anyone to my group. Instead I invited allcomers, mostly around the 30-40 area so they could contribute very little if not a healer. I even invited a level 11 nightshade. When the group was full I even disbanded my own bot to let in more 'useless' tanks. I didnt mind anyone being afk. I shared all the cash and trash loot. My only 'price' for this service was I get to keep all the salvageable drops.
It took 14 hours to get my levels, thats how badly my own exp was affected but I didnt care. I had made many other people happy that day and it was worth it just for that. I managed to ding that nightshade 17 times to 28. Just a shame I couldnt see the smile on his face.

O

old.Alliandre

Don't go rolling a mana caster just to get to 50 :(

At 44.5 I respecced my chanter from light to mana, I've got bored very quickly. When I've finished the grind to 50 (taken me more than a year so far ;)) I'll be respeccing back to the light spec I was planning on.

And another thing, I'd be happy to group my Warden with you. Just /message me in game if you see me. pbt and crit shot sounds like it could work well :)

O

o_O

Originally posted by old.Alliandre
Don't go rolling a mana caster just to get to 50 :(

At 44.5 I respecced my chanter from light to mana, I've got bored very quickly. When I've finished the grind to 50 (taken me more than a year so far ;))

huh? For a lightcaster its incredably easy to solo to 45,

45-50 is tougher but what they hey, shouldnt take more then 10 IRL days, with going to work etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom