Oh sweet delicious karma

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I thyink the true flaw here goes to the lawyer, sounds just like the guy who'd get people into pointless lawsuits.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That describes pretty much every personal injury lawyer.

rynnor

Rockhound
He's an idiot - that rock formation is only a few thousand years old though - its just the weathering of ancient rocks not an ancient formation.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't understand the outrage. It isn't a 3,000-year-old man-made statue, it's a weathered rock. So what?

rynnor

Rockhound
I don't understand the outrage. It isn't a 3,000-year-old man-made statue, it's a weathered rock. So what?

I agree in part but its the whole basis of the national park he was in to protect these formations so he's clearly a dick - I'd say the dodgy back claim was more outrageous though.

Presumaby they could just stick the boulder back up - it didnt look broken?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If he was able to push it over, it almost certainly was broken.

rynnor

Rockhound
If he was able to push it over, it almost certainly was broken.

I dont think it was solid to begin with - we have similar sandstone just over in bedfordshire and it has layers of basically loose sand between layers of rock which is what that big lump of sandstone was resting on by the look of it.

Theres no way he'd be able to break a column of sandstone that thick otherwise.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Especially not after that debilitating car accident...

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
yea but surely the point is.. he went to a well known , very old place, and deliberately damaged it so his moronic friend could film him and they could laugh about how clever they were.. doesnt really matter if it was fucked, or irreplaceable, not like they even gave it a thought

rynnor

Rockhound
yea but surely the point is.. he went to a well known , very old place, and deliberately damaged it so his moronic friend could film him and they could laugh about how clever they were.. doesnt really matter if it was fucked, or irreplaceable, not like they even gave it a thought

Yeah - I think its stupid but he does have a small point about the safety of a precariously balanced block - at some point that thing was coming down.

Mabs

Yeah - I think its stupid but he does have a small point about the safety of a precariously balanced block - at some point that thing was coming down.

im sure if you go to any outdoor "canyon" or similair and look there wil be a shit load of land slides, rock falls, etc, waiting to happen, doesnt mean you need to do it yourself.. and im pretty sure hes not bothered about health and safety, just good excuse for what is essentially vandalism

rynnor

Rockhound
im sure if you go to any outdoor "canyon" or similair and look there wil be a shit load of land slides, rock falls, etc, waiting to happen, doesnt mean you need to do it yourself.. and im pretty sure hes not bothered about health and safety, just good excuse for what is essentially vandalism

I see this quite a lot tbh - I have actually seen a man clinging to an overhang kicking at it to dislodge blocks onto the beach below :p

I think its a kind of primal human behaviour tbh - humans have always sought to leave a mark on the environment - ancient man was forever building mounds etc.

Mabs

I see this quite a lot tbh - I have actually seen a man clinging to an overhang kicking at it to dislodge blocks onto the beach below :p

I think its a kind of primal human behaviour tbh - humans have always sought to leave a mark on the environment - ancient man was forever building mounds etc.

i see people hanging around bus stops fighting, just cos its widespread doesnt mean its a good thing :p

rynnor

Rockhound
Mabs said:
i see people hanging around bus stops fighting, just cos its widespread doesnt mean its a good thing :p

I'm not saying its good - at times their actions put other people at risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom