Oh Please not again (smacks head against wall)

Ancient Seagul

Fledgling Freddie
It's really not hard to avoid this going forward

(1) Don't expect not to be re-billed for another month if you leave it to the last minute to cancel. Anything under a week's notice means you will be re-billed for another month. That is something you agree to when you initially sign up

(2) If you've got no money in the account, GOA won't be able to take your money ! Alternatively, instruct your bank to refuse payment - but do allow 2 days for any Switch payments !

living

Fledgling Freddie
Cleared out parts for security reasons :> Anyway date is all wrong and for what I know u can't pay ahead.. no money has been drawed but i can play so don't bother me much.. dident intentionally pull off this bug but i know how its done now, could report such a serious error in their payment site but then again, they kinda stole money from me so... :)

http://crashh.1go.dk/lol.jpg

The validate button dont seem to work either so can't put it back on none'' but sciense its already there then..... :>

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
living said:
Cleared out parts for security reasons :> Anyway date is all wrong and for what I know u can't pay ahead.. no money has been drawed but i can play so don't bother me much.. dident intentionally pull off this bug but i know how its done now, could report such a serious error in their payment site but then again, they kinda stole money from me so... :)

http://crashh.1go.dk/lol.jpg

The validate button dont seem to work either so can't put it back on none'' but sciense its already there then..... :>
CoC said:
Players undertake not to make use of any bugs, nor to use any undocumented functions, nor to exploit any possible design faults. Players also undertake to notify GOA personnel of the presence of any bugs, undocumented functions or design faults that they may discover as soon as possible.

Not reporting bugs is enough to get you banned - especially one that does what you say it does.

living

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Not reporting bugs is enough to get you banned - especially one that does what you say it does.

hehe they day it runs out i would quit the game never the less, guess this is just a little extention until u find me :)

could seem my link dont work, bit weird cuz it is uploaded.. something is blocking it from being linked :)

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
living said:
hehe they day it runs out i would quit the game never the less, guess this is just a little extention until u find me :)

could seem my link dont work, bit weird cuz it is uploaded.. something is blocking it from being linked :)

Considering that the GOA server GMs got mod rights on FH (and hence can see your IP), it really ain't that hard for them to do a search and find the match in their playerdatabase... In other words, you're playing with fire, and you're likely at risk for having to pay for all those months you've played for free when they find you.

gg smart one

Sigurd

Banned
I think I've found the secret behind all this, and the lack of marketing throught the UK...

GOA:
MontyPython-French.jpg

living

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
Considering that the GOA server GMs got mod rights on FH (and hence can see your IP), it really ain't that hard for them to do a search and find the match in their playerdatabase... In other words, you're playing with fire, and you're likely at risk for having to pay for all those months you've played for free when they find you.

gg smart one

considering my cc card is closed due to last time they stole off me by reactivating they cant draw money, and IP dont match from the place that i payed so... did nothing to provoke the bug its merely a huge flaw from the designers :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
living said:
considering my cc card is closed due to last time they stole off me by reactivating they cant draw money, and IP dont match from the place that i payed so... did nothing to provoke the bug its merely a huge flaw from the designers :)
Living's sig said:
<>Excallibur<>
Living OnTheEdge - 50 Berserker (deleted)
Soes Healing Winds - 43 Healer
Valerie - 37 Berserker
<>Prydwen<>
Elasto - 50 Healer (deleted)
Zyperchick - 37 Sorceress
<>Camlann<>
Eek AMouse - 46 Bonedancer <Ivy League>
Sanlya Valeria - 41.5 Cleric <Tide>
Bette - 34 Cabalist
No you're right, how will we ever find you....

Cyfr

Banned
Requiel said:

COC said:
You do not have the right to give, sell, rent out, lend or exchange your account, whatever the circumstances. No virtual object, character or money in the game may be the object of a pecuniary transaction, under any form or circumstances. Any activity of this kind may result in various sanctions being applied, including termination of the account.

We all know how well the COC is stuck to and how GOA uphold it ;)

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
lol sweet, so if I add some random person's chars to my sig. and then claim I've hacked GOA or whatever they'll get banned? Nice to know how professional GOA is \o/

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
living said:

Match the IP you paid from? What about matching the IP you've been playing from, then? ... I find it very unlikely that you haven't been posting on FH from the same computer/IP as you've been playing from, even if just once, which would be enough.

It might be possibly that they can't withdraw the money from your CC directly, but why would they want to? Much rather sue for fraud (or whatever legal term is used for such a situation as this), so they can get the work hours spent to track you down covered as well.

Falcon said:
lol sweet, so if I add some random person's chars to my sig. and then claim I've hacked GOA or whatever they'll get banned? Nice to know how professional GOA is \o/

You really ain't too bright either, huh? I mean... It doesn't really require that much for them to actually make a cross-check reference for the account owners IP to the IP of his posts on this very forum.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Living, right on! U have my full support, lol!

Requiel said:
Like be4... I put in random sig, say i use rader and craft macro and speed hack and wall hack (and aim bot if that was possible ;))... Then ull ban me too ? Kewl!

To a previous poster. Goa cant rly go claim the payments for the months he played. They can ban his account, and thats all. And dont say lawsuit, lol. They r gonna build as many lawsuits as players r being banned for some reason : 0!

living

Fledgling Freddie
Actually the chars in my sig is on a totally diffrent account that what i play now .. just never updated it :)
Taking that I did nothing to provoko the bug and that I can't log on rightnow due to some bug with my pass not working there (yes i am using game pass) I can't really be blamed, hen again its only been going on 1 month so sueing me for 12eur when i live so far away would be such a terrible waste as i always can claim i dident know it wasent intentionally by goa as i only did what i was supphosed to do.. :)..

Did nothing more illegal than what they are doing when they put renewal back on auto ½ year after u cancelled it..

All they will ever do IF they find me is to ban me, and i just gained a month more playing time than i would if it dident work :)

Bugs llike those shouldent even be there in a so secure site, actually im sure we can sue them for letting me bypass all security by just hitting the wrong button.. lol (by that i mean that i got to the payment site without loggin in subscription) Had old link in history bar and merely used that instead which really shoulden't be possible as any hacker would be able to do the same and then gain acces to my personal details.
(hint: go into renewal.. close window so it says transaction in progress (will do it if u close where u are supphosed to enter cc information, then find link into there in history bar billing.goa.com/... worked fine for me when i did it, entered CC details, account opened and i started playing, few days later i noticed i still had my 12 euro :>)

Cyfr

Banned
Shrye said:
Match the IP you paid from? What about matching the IP you've been playing from, then? ... I find it very unlikely that you haven't been posting on FH from the same computer/IP as you've been playing from, even if just once, which would be enough.

It might be possibly that they can't withdraw the money from your CC directly, but why would they want to? Much rather sue for fraud (or whatever legal term is used for such a situation as this), so they can get the work hours spent to track you down covered as well.

You really ain't too bright either, huh? I mean... It doesn't really require that much for them to actually make a cross-check reference for the account owners IP to the IP of his posts on this very forum.

GOA can't take IP's from external sources for that sort of thing.. isn't that why they won't monitor irc? ;)

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
goa stole from me too all i got was another free month!

great since i didnt want to play anymore, glad ive escaped it all now :)

Reznet

Fledgling Freddie
wow this has turned into a bug infested slang fest.

what a way to go out :kissit:

living

Fledgling Freddie
so i reported it and this is the reply:

Dear customer,

We have checked in our database and confirm you that your subscription for one month has succeeded and your account "xxxxx" is opened. (from 29/08/2004 to 28/09/2004).

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

They still dident draw money and seems like they dident read my text properly and misunderstood me.. so 4get it.. ill just keep playing 4 free now :>
Their poor customer support hit em in their own neck. (seems like he got the dates wrong too, it still says 29/09/2004 to 28/10/2004. Idiots :>

edit: and the flaw in security remains.. just tjecked.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Meduza said:
To a previous poster. Goa cant rly go claim the payments for the months he played. They can ban his account, and thats all. And dont say lawsuit, lol. They r gonna build as many lawsuits as players r being banned for some reason : 0!

Quite a difference between using a cheat or exploit a texture, to actually cheat a company for money - or maybe you're still living in your naive little egg shell and haven't realized that economic crime tends to give the highest sentences?

living said:
... hen again its only been going on 1 month so sueing me for 12eur when i live so far away would be such a terrible waste as i always can claim i dident know it wasent intentionally by goa as i only did what i was supphosed to do.. :)..

Why wouldn't they? As the loser in a civil law suit in Denmark, you end up paying the fees involved for the other side (in this case, the prosecutor) - in other words, it wouldn't cost them a dime.

Cyfr said:
GOA can't take IP's from external sources for that sort of thing.. isn't that why they won't monitor irc? ;)

I believe it might have alot to do with how many resources they got available - and neither you, nor I, can say if there's a GM who idles incognito in some channels, if only to scavenge information which might lead to an investigation.

Actually, if it were serious enough, I doubt that they wouldn't perform an investigation based on IRC 'stories' with relevance to something that's happened on the server (if you recall the incident quite a while back, with 10fga being wiped by 2fgh due to a spy, I believe that one were partly being procured on IRC).

living

Fledgling Freddie
Taking that they dont even listen to me when i report it, it can no longer be my fault.. reported it again now but they just gave me EXCATLY same reply (copy paste i bet). I cant undo the bug and wasent my fault it happened.. pitty on them.

And no they can't sue me cuz i dident steal from them, it just a bug that accidently happened when i payed and I dident even know it was heppening be4 i saw no money has been drawed off my creditcard, will always be able to claim that i was not knowing that it was free.

kelless

Fledgling Freddie
living said:
Actually the chars in my sig is on a totally diffrent account that what i play now .. just never updated it :)

lol give me a break , and u changed it because??

living

Fledgling Freddie
kelless said:
lol give me a break , and u changed it because??
cuz I have 2 accounts and i got bored of that one and started playing my other one due to mages being way better in TOA?

Ancient Seagul

Fledgling Freddie
LOL. Enjoyed reading this ! Hehe

It's really not that hard to disguise your location. If you know a little about encryption and telecommunications re-routing, it can be done.

Surely the point is this: If you enjoy playing the game, what's the point of making a fuss over a measly 12 Euros ? I have fun so I don't begrudge anyone taking my money.

If you can't afford the subs, that's one thing. If you can and try to pull a fast one on a company that (a) can and will track you down, and (b) has enough cash and resources not to care about suing you for a tiny amount because they have a reputation to protect and shareholders to answer to, then you're being naive.

I personally don't give a stuff if you wanna buck the system or not. I don't care if you play for free or play in jail. I wouldn't take the risks you are, but fair play to ya - I've had a good larf reading it LOL !

:cheers:

living

Fledgling Freddie
never intended it to bug up, diden't even try to make it happen, it just did due to some bad codeing :) And if people would start opening their eyes they can not sue me, i did nothing wrong, i even reported it now but they just ignored me with a awnser that has nothing to do with it.

Franya

Loyal Freddie
Requiel said:

Big threat to someone who wants to stop playing...

living

Fledgling Freddie
no the point is I reported it 6(or so) days ago and im still playing free(atleast they never drew the money but havent tjecked if my acc is open, but would guess it is.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom