Oh god I've arrived at work and I am naked

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I bloody hate days like this... you know the ones where you leave the house in a rush.. only to find you have forgotten something you need.

Today it was.... my glasses.. I hate not wearing them, for some reason it makes me feel vulnerable and exposed... to top that off I feel paranoid as I can't see.. guess i'll spend the day looking at the floor incase I make eye contact with anyone and they wonder why I am staring vacantly...

Anyone else feel like this about their glasses

Will

/bin/su
If I forget my glasses, I feel about 6 inches lower to the ground. Which is bizarre when cycling into work.

Starman

Part of the furniture
I can't see that well without mine nor can I drive but can't say I feel naked :)

taB

Part of the furniture
I wouldn't be able to find the door to get out of my bedroom without my glasses. I r extreeemly blind.

When going for a night on the lash I ensure there are 2 items by the bed: a pint of water and spare glasses :p I've often needed the spares to help me find my main ones.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
for me with contacts it's mostly a non issue as it's been integrated into my morning ritual, however, like Will said, not wearing glasses makes me feel closer to the ground haha.

now that I am used to my contacts I do find the glasses intrusive though :/

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
I can remember leaving for work one morning in Bangkok, boarding the skytrain, and attempting to make a call using my Tv Remote i'd picked up by mistake...

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
If I forget my glasses, I feel about 6 inches lower to the ground. Which is bizarre when cycling into work.

I'm experiencing this the other way... without me glasses I feel taller :)

Quite annoying to return from a night out, properly pissed, and not remember where the glasses are...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't be - a couple of mates have had it done and it was a breeze. Cheaper in the long run than glasses or contacts too.

And generally they have fruity nurses that will rest your head gently on their boobs during the op ;)

Chilly

Balls of steel
It's hardly fucking naked is it? I forgot mine yesterday, turned the font sizes up in the three programs I was using and carried on!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's hardly fucking naked is it? I forgot mine yesterday, turned the font sizes up in the three programs I was using and carried on!

Shame you were in Currys' shop window at the time though wasn't it?

Yoni

Either you are are gutted that I am not literaly naked or the more likely explanation, that you are exhibiting a key symptom of Aspergers....

Not wearing my glases makes me feel vulnerable ie emotionally naked.. the question was if others who wear glasses feel the same way should they forget them.

Not you though chilly.. as an aside I would get yourself checked out for Aspergers there are some great psychological treatments available these days although you maybe a little old for them to be effective.

Chilly

Balls of steel
What the fuck are you on about? Aspergers my arse, I can imagine not having glasses might make you feel a bit uncomfortable, I just think it's a bit of an over reaction to class it as "naked". I'd peg it up more to YOU being too image conscious rather than me being too emotionally barren (although I wont deny I'm an absolute ****).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What the fuck are you on about? Aspergers my arse, I can imagine not having glasses might make you feel a bit uncomfortable, I just think it's a bit of an over reaction to class it as "naked". I'd peg it up more to YOU being too image conscious rather than me being too emotionally barren (although I wont deny I'm an absolute ****).

I would suggest that the "naked" feeling would depend on how short-sighted one actually is, and that understanding that would require a degree of empathy you don't posess (e.g. any at all). So yes, you are an absolute ****.

Yoni

*laughs* it has fuck all to do with image and the fact you don't get it is incredibly amusing. This post made me proper tummy laugh... bless you Chilly

*stands on tippy toe and pats your head*

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I thought you were in 6" heels today Yoni? you should be able to see Chilly's bald patch easilly ;)

Yoni

no not even in these boots could I pat chilly's head he is very very tall...

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Mostly overrated to be honest. Anyway, stop bitching at each other.

Move along people, back on topic, nothing to see here.

Sar

Part of the furniture
My eyesight is terrible.

If it weren't for my astigmatism in both eyes, my eyesight wouldn't be too bad, but it's the rugby ball shape of my eyeballs that does for me :/

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wow,

I count myself rather lucky. Just had an eye test within the last 2 months and came back as "good, come back in 2 years". For me that is a relief as my brother wears glasses, my mum had to, my dad still does and one of my sisters has arthritis in one eye and to top it all off there is history of glaucoma in the family.

Everyone says it is easy, just wear contact lenses. Yes right, this is the guy that hates water near his eyes and struggles to keep them open in the shower. As if I am going to put anything near my eyes. Just looking at someone's watering eyes will start mine off.

Glasses? Not me. Now my fear is the opposite of yours, I fear having to wear some aid to help me look.

Yoni

My glasses are not just a fashion acessory, I do need them to see and have the option for contacts.

I can't do contacts I just can't and well to be without my glasses which are great to hide behind is uncomfortable emotionally, hence the use of the term naked.

Sar

Part of the furniture
I can't wear contacts. I have no problem putting them in and taking them out, as I've tried them several times, but the problem is my eyes are too dry.

Every time I blink with them in, my eyelids keep pulling the contacts off centre, and there's not enough water in my eyes to centre them naturally, which would normally happen when you blink.

Chilly

Balls of steel
back off topic: why should I get checked for aspergers (ignoring the fact I may or may not have it) - it's not curable or treatable so who cares?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Because then you ave a reason to be a ****.

random person: "chilly you are being a ****"

chilly: "aspergers"

random person: "ah right, sorry, carry on then"

Chilly

Balls of steel
fuck that. I enjoy wearing my "I beat annorexia" tshirt and the "I'm not big boned, I'm just a fat ****". Excuses are for pussies and people who are properly fucked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom